DDA Chapter 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammi67

<font color=green>1st to out the Tag Fairy as the
DDA Chapter 5
This thread is a continuation of the DDA Trouble Free Zone and DDA Chapter 4.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb because she worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

DDA Chapter 4
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716386

Lovely! :)

Debbie - I hope your weather isn't too bad! We have sleet/snow right now. I parked my car in the parking garage thing so hopefully I won't have to sit and wait for it to de-ice in the morning.

We added 3 photos to DS's board and we cut the 4th photo in half and used it as a backdrop for his little fisherman. Now I am just hoping the glue on the back of the Parthenon 1) dries and 2) holds. I put it on a double sheet of craft foam so it isn't just flat on the board.

Well I got the results of my mammo. Seems they found calcification & I need to have another mammo in 6 months.

This happened to me too and is very common. They'll probably want to keep a watch on them every six months or so. Don't worry.

Glad to hear you made it back home safe & sound!

:banana:

Hope you're feeling better!:wizard:

So can we just send you all our shirts? I bet the press does a great job too!

Congrats to Andrew and his team!!!:woohoo:

I can imagine Randy's expression if box upon box of shirts started arriving for him to press. :upsidedow

The teacher talked to each student today about their project boards. He told her there is some blank space, and she told him to color it. I did print out some extra photos from the internet today so we can add some to the board, but I told him NOT to color it. I think it will look HORRIBLE if he tries to color in the blank spaces. What do you guys think? :confused3

On a better note, he went to his detention after lunch and the classroom was locked. He sat down in the hall and waited. The teacher came along and asked him what he was doing, and he said he was there for detention. The teacher had forgotten, and for DS's honesty the teacher said he doesn't have to come to detention after today!:banana:

I hope the extra pictures help with the white space. I thought it looked great and don't feel the need to fill every space, but some teachers can be very fussy if they don't get their way. ;) I'm glad he was rewarded for being honest and detention time is over.

I'm enjoying the 20/20 special on the Royals. :)

Just coming over to our new "home".

FYI: The $5 tees at the Disney Store sales ends tomorrow.

Also 101 Dalhmations comes out tomorrow & the presale starts for Enchanted which comes out 3/18.

I feel the same way, Anne Marie. I don't necessarily know if the videos show who would be the best CMO or who has the best computer skills.

From chapter 4...
I'm sorry Janet, I can be of no help on cooking questions (or craft questions!)

I had a dream last night that you, Chanon & I were at Pop this December. (Hmmmm where'd that come from!?:laughing: ) I guess it is playing on my mind!;)

How about right next to me Dec 5-14? Come on!! Gotta see some of these dreams come true (especially if they coordinate with my dates ;) ).

Debbie - to answer your question on chapter closings, the locking part is up to the moderator. Since Baloo isn't always around to do so, I think we're just kind of operating on the honor system on the DDA. About the time 250 rolls around, we're just starting the next chapter. I don't know how it's working on other areas of the DIS, but I'd guess the moderators lock it at 250.

I finished the old thread, but have no idea how to cross thread quote.

Elizabeth if DS's teacher wants him to color it then that is what I would do. It will show that he is listening and following instructions. It may look strange to you, but probably not to a 6th grader.

AnneMarie I hope that they mammo issue is nothing serious. I'm sure you will be worrying for the next 6 months :eek: :hug: :hug:

I feel the same way, Anne Marie. I don't necessarily know if the videos show who would be the best CMO or who has the best computer skills.

I was blown away by the technical aspects of some of the videos, but I thought this was open to everyone, not just those that can make high tech videos :confused3 I'm glad I didn't waste my time trying to make one.

So work wasn't too bad tonight. 1 down and 5 more to go :cool1:

I also got some parchment paper so I can work on my shirts tomorrow.

I was blown away by the technical aspects of some of the videos, but I thought this was open to everyone, not just those that can make high tech videos :confused3 I'm glad I didn't waste my time trying to make one.

Yeah, I really liked some of them, but they tended to be the less technical ones. I'm glad that I didn't worry about entering because I couldn't have competed with most. I really like the "bloopers" at the end of the one guys.

Hi! :wave2:

Kevin had the internet shut down for most of the weekend, hooking up our new computer. I finally got caught up today, but now with the start of the new thread, I'm going to "cheat" and send :grouphug: and :wizard: to you all.

Matty got his fingers caught in the door at our community center this morning. I was RIGHT THERE. :sad2: I had moved his hand, but he moved again, and now he has blood blisters around the tips of his ring and pinkie fingers. It just set a "blah" tone to my Monday, and I felt like the crappiest mommy every time he said "boo boo" today.

Amy :(

I found you (thanks for linking here from the old thread, Tammi!)

Hope you all have great evenings. I am headed to bed.

before I go... from the old thread:

I am getting fidgety about Beach Club. It's the bus thing. Sharing a bus between YC, BW, & S/D is not going to make me happy. I am going to try to be calm about it. I am going to remember that it will take a REALLY LONG time to get anywhere. I am going to remind myself that I checked availability at other resorts for those dates with Bounce Back and there was nothing open, so we're stuck with BC. I did have a request for 2 queen-size beds added to our ressie. If I am going to cram into a double bed I might as well stay at Pop where the buses aren't shared with any other resort! :rotfl:

If it helps at all, I would put the BC as my fave in the Epcot resort area. Admittedly, we didn't use the buses (had our rental car), but I would bet during the height of summer, that BC probably only shares with YC most of the time. (That is one of my pet peeves about so many deluxes - good grief, give them their own buses! You're certainly paying enough! :headache: ) Probably wise to put the queen bed request on your reservation, although I think those rooms are very limited.

I thought all the beds at BC WERE queens? (except for the very few kings) :confused3

Good Morning,

The weather was pretty rough last night but seems calm now, it's off to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter