DDA Chapter 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks I mentioned it to my mom and she said he did not remember doing that in home ec

I think I learned it in a quilting class. It depends on what I'm making, whether or not I wash the fabric. Cottons really wrinkle. Then it's a big mess trying to iron it all out. I make quilted jackets, and I don't wash that until the end, they are supposed to shrink and look like an old quilt.

47b7d823b3127cce851bc36e57da00000026100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend! I'm the proud "owner" of 18 kidney stones!!! Just kidding, they are nothing to be excited about. I know when I'm getting one when I feel pain in my lower back on the sides. I also feel an increased urge to go to the bathroom. Then the pain gets more intense, until I'm literally screaming. If I can catch the pain before it gets too bad, and dose myself with my hoarded pain pills, then I'm ok.

Hopefully, you found out what you have and have been able to deal with it!

:eek: Looking back, I think I had one in January. Everyone had a bug, and I thought I had one to, but I think it was the same thing. I don't need any more chronic problems!

Sure, we have been wanting to go Chicago anyway lol

Not yet on the rain, but looks like we might get hit soon. Dark clouds are rolling in.

Hey Janet...is Gary for hire?? :)

Are you getting hit with the heavy rains?

I hope it is working good now!

Ah, so! Now the AT&T man says he found the problem and it was EXTERNAL! Somebody left the box of wires hanging open and the wires were all corroded from the sprinklers. :sad2: Hopefully it works now. He said his machine indicates a good signal for the DSl and the phone.

Thank goodness! Yes I did think you had 18 now, sorry :upsidedow

Didn't mean to imply that I had all 18 this weekend. Nope. They have come over the years. My last one was a couple of months ago. Sorry I didn't communicate too well!

Sally this jacket is adorable!

I think I learned it in a quilting class. It depends on what I'm making, whether or not I wash the fabric. Cottons really wrinkle. Then it's a big mess trying to iron it all out. I make quilted jackets, and I don't wash that until the end, they are supposed to shrink and look like an old quilt.

:eek: Looking back, I think I had one in January. Everyone had a bug, and I thought I had one to, but I think it was the same thing. I don't need any more chronic problems!
thanks Sally
love the Jacket

As long as I have my heavy meds, they are ok. I just send Alan and the kids away when I first feel one coming on, take my meds, and retire to my bed. If I've done it correctly, I go to sleep through the worst of the pain. If not, I lie in bed screaming until the meds kick in. It's quite a system I've worked out!
Oh Glynis, thats sound terrible.:hug:

I felt like that when I had my gallbladder attacks but they took that out & then the pain was over.

I managed to get Olivia's room clean.

I need to fold some laundry. I have been picking up things here and their I got the easter stuff ready to go back in the attic. Went thru Virginia's clothes and took out what does not fit anymore. Went thru the next box of clothes to see what we can use. I took the blanket off our bed and folded it need to put it up now. I think thats it.

well got the blankets up and 2 loads of laundry folded and put up.

You met Bernadette and me, too, so we are real!

Yes, if anyone needs to be "verified" I can vouch that the following are real people!

Stephanie
Terry
Vicki & Chuck
Elin & family
Tammi & Bob
Chanon
Janet
Elizabeth & family
Bernadette & family
Deb & Chris
Kristine & Bill
Lindsay
Beth
Jo

I think that is everyone I have met in real life.:)

Oh Glynis, thats sound terrible.:hug:

I felt like that when I had my gallbladder attacks but they took that out & then the pain was over.

Unfortunately, they can't remove my kidneys. They say I "need" them. Whatever.;)

Before I had my gastric bypass surgery, they checked my gall bladder. If it had been full of stones, they would have removed it at the same time. Unfortunately for me, it was empty. They told me to watch for gallstones, as sometimes, after the surgery they become prevalent. So far, so good, though!

So I really think that my frustration with Emma's soccer coach has hit an all time high. Yesterday's game was a horrible experience all around.

Emma's team lost , which honestly, was not at all because they didn't play hard. Emma's team is part of a county wide system. Each soccer club has it's own divisions-1, 2 and 3. Div. 1 are the girls who are great competitive players, Div. 2 the next level down and Div. 3 is more the girls who are playing for fun. When we first got team assignments Emma was Division 3. However, in the spring there are only a handful of clubs that do soccer. So there are only 2 divisions county wide. That means that all the girls on Emma's team are Division 3 material playing against girls that are at a higher skill level. I fully believe that it is the club's responsibility to have mixed up the Division 2 and 3 girls so that the overall teams would be better matched. They didn't and we didn't find out we were Division 2 until 2 weeks after practices started. I think we have a long road ahead of us. What really infuriates me is that I think that the girls are at an age where confidence in any and all aspect of their lives is very important. If they are continually at a disadvantage it will not do them well in their confidence levels.

Then there is the whole coach issue- The girls have 2 jerseys, white and blue. In the clinic seasons the teams had reversible shirts, blue and yellow. Blue was home and yellow was away. We were not at our home field so Emma left here in her white shirt. Well we guessed wrong! When we got to the field and realized we were wrong, Eric went to the coach and let her know. Her snarky response was "that we were to have brought both shirts. Eric was at practice on Wednesday night and heard no mention of this. It was not in her email that she sent out! She lacks communication skills to say the least. Eric ended up taking off his shirt and giving it to Emma to play otherwise she would have sat on the side the entire game.

Then at the end of the game as snack was being passed out she very clearly and loudly was speaking to another mom about how it was very rude of me to assign everyone a date and so on and so forth. I sent her an email after the confusion last week and apologized. I mentioned to her that the way I handled snack was the way it had been handled on Emma's teams in the past. I can't see why it was needed for her to bring it up at the game. What more does she want from me? :confused3 I want to email her but at the same time I am feardul that if I send her something that it will make it a rough season for Emma. I told her in my last email that I would not be team mom but she seemed to ignore that fact as she sent out one with her snack list and to contact me if anyone was interested in filling the last 2 available dates.

So should I just let it go? Next year we decided we are switching to a different soccer club, there is just too much drama here!
Wow, Robyn. You shouldn't be going through this until at least high school. Seriously, the whole division thing seems messed up. Why don't div. 2 teams play against div. 2? It makes no sense.

As far as the whole team mom thing goes, since all you have to do is coordinate the last two games if anyone volunteers, I would say suck it up and just do it, for Emma's sake. Then at the end of the season you can speak your mind.

Well, if Tammi is real then there are two possibilities: either I am also real, or she hallucinates well!

Oh, wait... Kristine met me! But she has not admitted that yet, has she... :confused3
I am neither confirming or denying my hallucinations. :rolleyes1

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend! I'm the proud "owner" of 18 kidney stones!!! Just kidding, they are nothing to be excited about. I know when I'm getting one when I feel pain in my lower back on the sides. I also feel an increased urge to go to the bathroom. Then the pain gets more intense, until I'm literally screaming. If I can catch the pain before it gets too bad, and dose myself with my hoarded pain pills, then I'm ok.

Hopefully, you found out what you have and have been able to deal with it!
Ouch. Hope you are feeling better.

Gary & I went furniture shopping(well just looking today). I am so excited though! I found the living room furniture I want & the dining room table I want :cool1: Best of all, Gary agrees :thumbsup2

Hopefully within the next 4 - 6 weeks I will have it!
Wonderful! Can't wait to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter