DDA Chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to get out of work early today. I think I have finally decided to get my hair cut. Not sure why that is such a struggle for me, but I am tired of messing with it. Also this afternoon is Matt's visitation with the funeral tomorrow.

Elin good luck with the car hunting today!

:wave2: Hi, Janet!

Get it cut!! No matter what happens, it will grow. It will look exactly like it does now in a few months if you don't like it. I say, GO FOR IT, GIRL! :goodvibes

And thanks for the good luck wishes on the car. I think they are desperate to sell to anyone. We got a call from the salesman (who I taught in elementary school decades ago!) and then an email from his sales manager, offering a "name your price" deal. We will see what they have to say today.

Thanks Elin, I will post a picture if I do :thumbsup2

Your car buying sounds very promising today ::yes::

:wave2: Hi, Janet!

Get it cut!! No matter what happens, it will grow. It will look exactly like it does now in a few months if you don't like it. I say, GO FOR IT, GIRL! :goodvibes

And thanks for the good luck wishes on the car. I think they are desperate to sell to anyone. We got a call from the salesman (who I taught in elementary school decades ago!) and then an email from his sales manager, offering a "name your price" deal. We will see what they have to say today.

OK... let me throw a few figures out here and see if I get any response. The last time we shopped for a new car was in 1982! We have bought used cars since then and always from a dealer who was a close friend. So this is fairly new territory to me. We are looking at a Hyundai because of their warranty and their cash rebate offers right now. They are also rated fairly high by owners and experts alike, so seems a no-brainer. We will keep it for 10+ years in all likelihood.

We priced them out on the Hyundai website and also on edmunds.com before calling for a quote. So, all prices are including the rebates on each model.

The Elantra was $17,800 on Hyundai's site, and Edmunds said a fair price would be $16,080; the dealer offered $16,000.

The Sonata (which has twice the cash rebate) priced out at $18,270, $17,452 and the quote from the dealer was $16,500.

How low do you think we could offer? I would hate to be way out of line in an initial offering since it appears they have been right about on target with what is considered a good offer according to all financial info I can gather. But I would also like to pay the very least I can for this car. Bob will probably need a newer car for work soon, too. So that is a consideration in trying to pay the least we can.

Any thoughts from seasoned car buyers??

Tammi & Robyn glad today turned out beautiful for you both! Robyn I think your cake looks wonderful, great job :thumbsup2

Elin glad you were able to enjoy the nice day as well!

It is cold here & I am not liking it :headache:

Thanks Janet!

sounds like a fun day and I :lovestruc this picture!!

It was, thanks!

I had Jimmy stop yesterday and he picked out a turtle for Abi and through the grab bag ended up with a lion....perfect for my 2!!! I think I am going to put the necklace on the lion!!

Molly has the turtle, it's so cute.

Tammi-Glad you had such good weather!
Robyn-looks like a great party!

i think i raelly need to get a webkinz!

Thanks and ::yes:: they are fun!

Robyn - you did an awesome job on the cake. I can't believe how grown-up Molly is looking. I think she is starting to look more and more like Emma.

Thanks, Tammi. It's funny because I have thought they look nothing alike but I now see it more and more.

I forgot to say earlier that it sounded like it ended up being a perfect day:goodvibes

I love this picture!! EVERYBODY looks happy. :lovestruc

Ditto! Nicholas is such a handsome little guy! The 5 of you look truly happy and like you are where you all belong.

Robyn your party looked wonderful :cool1:

Thanks Deb!

deb would you mind getting me a dog tag at ft wilderness while you are there? i am not sure where the machine is. i will have to call you to give you the dogs name because i wont know it till the 14 of july.

well my new attendant started today and at 9 said she cant do it because how the first pay falls. i understand where she is coming from but im in a lurch now with no night attendant. olivia is coming tomorrow but i still need another night attendant. UGH!!!:furious:

Karen, I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with attendants. :wizard: that you find someone quickly.

Robyn, that is a serious cake! You did an awesome job! :thumbsup2

I'm glad everyone had good weather for their outdoor events!

I just got in from babysitting and I need a snack. We have no groceries. DH made hot dogs and tater tots for dinner before I left, but I don't eat tater tots so I am starving!

Thanks! I talked to Joe and he said that Oct 16-19 works for him. And he said airfare usually runs about that. Yikes, but Eric said that we should go. I am hoping for something much much lower though!

I am home! My weekend is going well and it has really reminded me how much I miss camp. The weather was gorgeous at camp but the mayflies are out in full force. There were a few issues but nothing major. The baseball game went well despite the fact that the home team lost.

The baseball sleepover was canceled/postponed as it was super windy and there are severe thunderstorms on there way that direction. Even without the thunderstorms, the tents would have been tumbling all over with no one in them as no stakes are allowed. Which could be quite hazardous itself. I also think my face is windburned.

I was just walking out to my car after the game, when it started to rain. So we lucked out on that regards, we are working on rescheduling the sleepover.

Tomorrow I have Gold Award ceremony, birthday party and studying.

Night all! Hope your weekends are going
well!:thumbsup2

Glad you are enjoying yourself.

Tammi love the pictures, you have a beautiful family including your new one :goodvibes

Karen sorry about the attendant :hug:

Becky glad to hear you are having a good weekend!

I'm hoping to get out of work early today. I think I have finally decided to get my hair cut. Not sure why that is such a struggle for me, but I am tired of messing with it. Also this afternoon is Matt's visitation with the funeral tomorrow.

Janet, I can understand the struggle with your hair. I just got mine cut and it's a little shorter than I wanted but much much easier to deal with.

Continued prayers and :wizard: for Matt's family and you.

I think your cake decorating is very professional looking, Robyn. Too bad the hours won't work out for you. Maybe in the near future you could think of doing it out of your home!

Thanks, Elin. I have in the past sold many many cakes, but I hate the mess in my house. My kitchen is way too small.

Have fun car shopping today!

Do you want to hear something depressing? There is white stuff coming down outside!

:eek: I would cry! :sad: I hope it was a fluke, and it's beautiful today!

we saw Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale! Just at breakfast, though.

We saw those, plus Stitch, if I recall correctly.

Do you remember where you got them?

We saw them at Walmart, for literally $2 or $3. They take a AA battery and work wonderfully. I wish we would have bought more, but I wasn't sure they would work and/or get used. I'll try and find a picture, or find the fan so I can take one and you can see what you'd be looking for. For that price, you can't go wrong trying! :rotfl:

ETA: Here they are. They have O2-cool on the side (I guess a brand?) and have a little caribiner even to hook on...whatever!

Key-Chain-Misting-Fan.jpg

We only saw the greenish/blue ones, so we have 2 of those. As far as I remember, they were only hanging on one of those vertical shelving units attached to the endcap. I was lucky to have seen it, and when we looked last year we couldn't find any more. Maybe they can be purchased online?

Hi all...

The party is over, thank goodness, and we are exhausted. It was gorgeous outside, thanks for the pixie dust! Molly really enjoyed all the fun and spending time with her friends.

Here are a few pics from today. None of the pics I took of the cake turned out great, one spot or another was blurry. :headache:

The pictures are all wonderful... and I must say I'm blown away by the cake! Wonderful job! :)

Tammi-Glad you had such good weather!
Robyn-looks like a great party!

i think i raelly need to get a webkinz!

::yes::

Here are a few pictures from today:

Tammi, Nicholas looks so handsome, and your ENTIRE family is beautiful. :goodvibes I'm so glad the weather held out for you!

I think that I was asleep by 9pm last night. Eric fixed me a glass of wine and all I remember was finishing that and then laying down on the couch. I woke up this morning at 6:30 when Molly came down. I don't think I moved.

Today Emma has a soccer game at 12:30 and Molly, Lucy and I are headed to a birthday party. Eric and Emma will hopefully be able to make it for the very end. The party is at one of those extreme bounce places. Should be fun.

After we get home we need to clean the house and put away our mountains of clean laundry.

Boy was it :cold: yesterday :( but it was nice weather to put the new roof on.

Janet I agree with Elin, go ahead and get your hair cut.

I always wait until I can't stand it anymore then get mine cut. Of course this last time, seems my hair just doesn't want to grow back. :confused3

Speaking of Webkinz, is anyone willing to take 2 small Build-A-Bears off my hands? (free) They are the exact same bears, just different outfits.

I forgot to say earlier that it sounded like it ended up being a perfect day:goodvibes

I love this picture!! EVERYBODY looks happy. :lovestruc
Thanks.

But the big question is...Did the EX show up for DS big day?

I'm glad your day was a success.
Yes, he came to the church. I invited him to the house party but he declined to come. He is also not coming to Alyssa's bday party today.

Tammi love the pictures, you have a beautiful family including your new one :goodvibes

This just made me tear up! You all look wonderful. :goodvibes
Thank you both.

Thanks Elin, I will post a picture if I do :thumbsup2
You better!

Ditto! Nicholas is such a handsome little guy! The 5 of you look truly happy and like you are where you all belong.

Tammi, Nicholas looks so handsome, and your ENTIRE family is beautiful. :goodvibes I'm so glad the weather held out for you!

Tammi, nice pictures. Nicholas is looking so grown up. :)
Thanks!

Elin - I have no suggestions for your car dilemma. I haven't shopped for one in 8 yrs. so I'm out of the loop as well. Good luck! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter