DDA Chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP Disney

Now known as Disney Yooper
DDA Chapter 6
This thread is a continuation of the DDA Trouble Free Zone and DDA Chapter 5.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb because she worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

DDA Chapter 4
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716386

DDA Chapter 5
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742793

ohh I get to be the second poster

We still don't have phones at work and now I can't even call out:headache:

a new job can't happen soon enough!!

ohh I get to be the second poster

We still don't have phones at work and now I can't even call out:headache:

a new job can't happen soon enough!!

pixiedust: :hug: That must make it rough to do your job. As nice as it is for a one day breather, I'm sure any additional days will not be appreciated by you or anyone.

I feel pretty silly...I've just been posting on Chapter 5. Sometimes I wonder on the whereabouts of my brain! :sad2:

I need to go start dinner.

Have a great evening, DDA!

So should I just let it go? Next year we decided we are switching to a different soccer club, there is just too much drama here!

I agree with the advice so far. As a former coach and participant of various competitive sports (and a sister of someone currently competing, although I'm not sure where that gets me ;)), everyone else is unfortunately right on. It will always be drama, I've found that to be even more true with the community-type leagues, however sad that may be. I'm sorry you're stuck with such a frustrating team already! :flower3:

Ahhhhhhhhhh... I can safely go to work knowing I am real! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

Not all kidney stones can be taken care of by laser blasting. It all depends on where they are located, and what they are made of.

There are 2 kinds of kidney stones: uric acid, and calcium. One kind (don't remember which) can be prevented by a medication. Unfortunately, the kind I get are not the preventable kind. Wish I could remember what kind I have.

I think something like 80-90% are calcium build-up and are only "preventable" (and even then, just questionably so!) by staying hydrated, etc. Uric Acid stones are usually caused by gout, chemo, etc and can be prevented with medication. On occasion, you can get stones from infection or a few other substances building up, which are almost all treatable (but not necessarily preventable). It's too bad that the most common ones can't really be prevented! :(

Gary & I went furniture shopping(well just looking today). I am so excited though! I found the living room furniture I want & the dining room table I want :cool1: Best of all, Gary agrees :thumbsup2

Hopefully within the next 4 - 6 weeks I will have it!

How exciting!

Didn't mean to imply that I had all 18 this weekend. Nope. They have come over the years. My last one was a couple of months ago. Sorry I didn't communicate too well!

:rotfl: I chuckled when I read some of the sympathetic responses, then I was just praying that I was right and you didn't really have them all currently. How terrible would that be?! :eek: :faint:

I feel pretty silly...I've just been posting on Chapter 5. Sometimes I wonder on the whereabouts of my brain! :sad2:

No worries, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I haven't done the same thing! :teeth:

No problem posting on Chapter 5. We figure people will need to catch up and will need some room. I continue to read the old chapter while reading the new chapter for a day or two.

I think something like 80-90% are calcium build-up and are only "preventable" (and even then, just questionably so!) by staying hydrated, etc. Uric Acid stones are usually caused by gout, chemo, etc and can be prevented with medication. On occasion, you can get stones from infection or a few other substances building up, which are almost all treatable (but not necessarily preventable). It's too bad that the most common ones can't really be prevented! :(

:rotfl: I chuckled when I read some of the sympathetic responses, then I was just praying that I was right and you didn't really have them all currently. How terrible would that be?! :eek: :faint:

That's right! Mine are calcium based. I try to stay hydrated, but no matter how much I drink, it seems like I still get them. It runs in my family, too. My grandmother had them, my mother had them, and all my siblings have had them, too. In fact, my brother was deer hunting and got hit with his first stone. He was in too much pain to drive off the mountain, so he got on his cell phone to let his wife know what was going on. Unfortunately for him, he had decided to go hunting while she miscarried their first baby. She wasn't too sympathetic for him! Don't blame her!

Could you imagine having 18 in one weekend???? I think I'd prefer death!

That's right! Mine are calcium based. I try to stay hydrated, but no matter how much I drink, it seems like I still get them. It runs in my family, too. My grandmother had them, my mother had them, and all my siblings have had them, too. In fact, my brother was deer hunting and got hit with his first stone. He was in too much pain to drive off the mountain, so he got on his cell phone to let his wife know what was going on. Unfortunately for him, he had decided to go hunting while she miscarried their first baby. She wasn't too sympathetic for him! Don't blame her!

I've only had kidney infections, which are painful but I don't think as painful as stones from what I've heard! Either way, I think I agree with your preference!

I think the "hydration" solution is highly overrated, and might not work at all! I'm not supposed to say that as a nurse, but I'm also not supposed to knock prenatal care as much as I do, but that doesn't stop me :rolleyes:

Vicki...

Are you interested in an Illuminations Cruise on June 7th? Concierge booked it for me...but it turns out we will be at Sea World....before I cancel...I wanted to check with you...I believe it's $295 and holds 10 people

Cassidy is going to one of the first home games for a.....wait for it......

a MATH class:lmao:
That sounds fun!

Bernadette the top is so cute as well as Emma! I cannot wait to meet her(and you too!) :goodvibes
Thanks! Me too! Last night when we were doing our countdown calendars Emma said "ONLY 1 DAY UNTIL DISNEY...I won't get to tell my teachers I'm going to be gone." So I had to tell her only more day in March. She took the new pretty well.

Love this picture Bernadette!
Thanks! Doesn't that dog (Barbara) look so content?

Vicky love the new sig
Me too!

I promise to try to catch up tomorrow. But I had to share my exciting news. I just got the email confirming we scored tickets to the Disney Channel Games Concert on our last night with the Jonas Bros and the Cheetah Girls. The kids are going to flip out when I tell them while we're at Disney. What a surprise!
How COOL!!!!

The shirt is cute. I was going to suggest adding a ruffle to the bottom, but I don't think you could since the bottom becomes the back
Thanks! A ruffle would work if I had put it on before I sewed it all up but Emma isn't exactly a ruffle kind of gal. It was so easy to make-much easier than taking it all apart would be. I called around today and found a repair shop to get my machine cleaned. I think I'll do that before I make a new top. A friend at work told me the JoAnn's a bit farther away from me is bigger so I may try that one.

It's been a very long day. We had hoped to sand the ceiling/walls today, but the durabond was still not dry (it isn't looking hopeful for tomorrow either). We decided to switch plans completely and put down some flooring. We had to start in the hall in front of our room because we needed to connect to our flooring. Hunter's room is next to ours so out came ALL of his furniture. We managed to get the entire room floored and I have all the baseboard trim cut and painted. Tomorrow Dad will help me install the baseboards and we can reload the room. This time for good. We also painted the ceiling, but I need to do a bit of touch up where my Dad painted. He seemed to miss some big spots. So we started at 9 AM and I finally put my paintbrush down at 11:30 PM. We really accomplished a lot and I feel good about that. We also got haircuts, well actually I got a perm. I'm trying to grow it out a bit so I needed the perm to get me through the ackward phase.
How exhausting! It is going to look awesome when you're all done!

The older two are out the door, but the little guy decided on toast and eggs for breakfast. Maybe I won't get those couple of minutes right now after all.

I have a few errands (including grocery shopping) for after preschool today, and I have to pick up Miles and Laura early for an orthodontist appointment. Miles has to go, because I will be there after his school dismissal and have no one to watch him today. The appointment is actually only for Laura. Then there is pick up from track practice, synchro, and regular swim tonight. Long story short, maybe tomorrow, DDA! :) I'll see how quickly I can get the shopping done today, and I might be able to sneak in a few minutes. :thumbsup2

Take care, everyone! Have a great day! :goodvibes

Beth
Hi Beth! I see you know I'm real.;) Doesn't sound like you're slowing down any.

I did! It took 27 minutes but I got every single thing we wanted. And, within a 5 minute window, at the times we wanted!
Congrats!

Great idea. Emma is such a doll.

Our weekend was long.

We're supposed to have storms today with possible tornadoes, and the a/c at work is still out, so with the humididity and temp (already 75, going up to 80) it's going to be a long day.
Thanks! You exhaust me too! Stay safe! It's still cold here.

I love the way our bathroom looks now!
That looks awesome!

5 hours down, one hour to go.

Being around her does make me appreciate my own children more though.
Hope the last hour wasn't too bad!

So I really think that my frustration with Emma's soccer coach has hit an all time high.
How frustrating!!! I don't see how you could do anything that would make it any better so I think you'll have to let it go. I am so grateful that our program is SO different. The kids only go on Saturdays and they are separted by gender and age not skills into several teams. They practice for 1 1/4 hour and then play another team of their age/gender for 1 1/4 hour. We get frustrated that it takes all day Saturday as they are all at field for 2 1/2 hours all 3 at different times. I guess we have NOTHING to be frustrated about. Poor Emma(and you and Eric)!:hug:

I've only had kidney infections, which are painful but I don't think as painful as stones from what I've heard! Either way, I think I agree with your preference!

I think the "hydration" solution is highly overrated, and might not work at all! I'm not supposed to say that as a nurse, but I'm also not supposed to knock prenatal care as much as I do, but that doesn't stop me :rolleyes:

I had read on a couple of sites that sometimes they get the patient to drink alot of water then jump up and down to unlodge the stone. I don't think you could ever catch me doing that!! :rotfl:

My youngest brother has had several stones, his are calcium based. Most of the time they would put him in the ER, give him strong drugs and then run an IV until he passed it, a few times they had to go and get it. He suffered with this until he went to a doctor that told him he wasn't getting enough calcium so his body was over compensating, he started making sure he got plenty of calcium and knock on wood he hasn't had one since and that has been a few years now.

Janet - your bathroom looks great!

Elin - Congrats on the ADR's

Kristine - I've always wanted to try the Illuminations cruise but I've heard that smoke can be a problem, have you ever done one before?

Robyn - I agree with the group here, but sometimes you just have to get things off your chest.

i tried to test yall with the puppy pictures and no one got it. shame shame shame.:lmao: if you want the answer go back and look at the pictures and take a guess.

I SO BAD.

we do one every trip...it's one of our favorites. This year we are doing a birthday wishes cruise for Kirsten. I just can't fit in the Illuminations one. In December it was a little smokey...it really depends on the direction of the wind

Kristine - I've always wanted to try the Illuminations cruise but I've heard that smoke can be a problem, have you ever done one before?

Robyn - I agree with the group here, but sometimes you just have to get things off your chest.

Debbie - We did the cruise in 2005. It wasn't terribly smoky, but debris was falling on us. DH couldn't figure out why the boat captain pulled out his sunglasses, but we figured it out fast enough! The ash from the fireworks falls on the boats.:scared:

Vicki...

Are you interested in an Illuminations Cruise on June 7th? Concierge booked it for me...but it turns out we will be at Sea World....before I cancel...I wanted to check with you...I believe it's $295 and holds 10 people

Let me check with Chuck. He is teaching a class until 7pm. I'll let you know tonight. That would be cool but we were talking about doing Cirque du Soleil which cuts into one of our nights. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions. You are making this more difficult for me. Stop with the Elizabeth syndrome, will you?! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter