DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope you saved me some beer. 24th hour legislation passed last night to end the retirement system. In the debate against, they actually admitted that the IRS hasn't approved the plan as filed, but they passed it anyway.
I always save you a beer mate. Safe in the knowledge that unless I buy your airline ticket, you will never collect. So 2 beers for me.

Ok, Dad's work week over, go get drunk with your wife. (let's see who has a baby nine months from now)
Noooooo :scared1::scared1:
That would be a miracle or a divorce.

Or a malpractice suit.

Or looking for the reciept for the snip to go get a refund

Being from the Sunkist crowd.....all juice no seeds, I'd have to name them Houdini, cause that would be one great escape :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Worst end of the week call ever... but a call none the less, and we'll take... and Love It! Ok, Dad's work week over, go get drunk with your wife. (let's see who has a baby nine months from now)

Wife doesn't drink. And the light's at the end of the tunnel - 2 kids off at college, 1 more with just a few years to go...

Day's done, vacation starts...now. Flying to WDW on Tuesday for race weekend.

I saw that. Haven't heard if the Governor will sign it. The state is a mess. Without the passing the bill, almost 1/2 of the county health departments would be broke and shut down within two years because they could pay the increased pension bill.

True. My HR people sent me an email that it won't effect me, i.e., Tier 1 employees. I hope that's true.

Well...just when I thought the weekend already was going to suck too much...

On the way to Atlanta to pack more carp. Battery light(don't have a voltage gauge on van) came on. Pulled over. Can't see anything from a visual inspection. Wouldn't start back up. Waiting on tow truck. They said somewhere between when I called (about 8:30) and 10:20. Looking like the latter if not later. :sad2: The only saving grace is I have AAA, so it won't cost me, but won't be getting to house until after midnight. For someone who gets up at 5am, more suckage. So tomorrow, instead of packing, I'll be working on my car and most of my tools are in FL.
:mad:

On the way to Atlanta to pack more carp. Battery light(don't have a voltage gauge on van) came on. Pulled over. Can't see anything from a visual inspection. Wouldn't start back up. Waiting on tow truck. They said somewhere between when I called (about 8:30) and 10:20. Looking like the latter if not later. :sad2: The only saving grace is I have AAA, so it won't cost me, but won't be getting to house until after midnight. For someone who gets up at 5am, more suckage. So tomorrow, instead of packing, I'll be working on my car and most of my tools are in FL

Sorry to hear about the car troubles, hope it's an easy and not too costly repair.

Sorry to hear about the car troubles, hope it's an easy and not too costly repair.
Well, I'm really pissed now.

I called them back at around 10:15 since I hadn't gotten a call from anyone. They said it wasn't assigned. Although it was assigned with They gave me the 10:20 time. Evidentally, the wrecker driver or company declined it because it was too far and late at night. It wouldn't have been that late if they'd taken the call at first.

Anyway...supposedly they finally found someone, but they're 40 miles away and have to gas up first.

So...looks like I'll be getting there eventually (2am or later). Having gotten up at 5am, I'm almost like one of pkondz's double shifts.

I used to recommend AAA. After this, not sure they'll get any more of my money. Supposedly 24 hour assistance....unless of course it's a long distance (what I pay extra for) or inconvenient.

Wish I could figure out how to sue them for breach of contract. I kept my end of the bargain by paying them, but they didn't keep their end.

Ok, Dad's work week over, go get drunk with your wife. (let's see who has a baby nine months from now)

Hah! Beat ya to it. Had those years ago!

I dunno what to say Chief. I feel like I’ve let you, and myself down.

Surely you're used to this by now?

:duck:

That would be a miracle or a divorce.

Or a malpractice suit.

Or looking for the reciept for the snip to go get a refund

:laughing:

You guys know this really isn't a requirement to be a DisDad...

Now you tell us.

Yes. Quite. Bad form!

Day's done, vacation starts...now. Flying to WDW on Tuesday for race weekend.

Have fun!

Well...just when I thought the weekend already was going to suck too much...

On the way to Atlanta to pack more carp. Battery light(don't have a voltage gauge on van) came on. Pulled over. Can't see anything from a visual inspection. Wouldn't start back up. Waiting on tow truck. They said somewhere between when I called (about 8:30) and 10:20. Looking like the latter if not later. :sad2: The only saving grace is I have AAA, so it won't cost me, but won't be getting to house until after midnight. For someone who gets up at 5am, more suckage. So tomorrow, instead of packing, I'll be working on my car and most of my tools are in FL.
:mad:
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
Must admit... for all my road trips, I haven't had a time where I've had to have the car repaired while on the road.

I called them back at around 10:15 since I hadn't gotten a call from anyone. They said it wasn't assigned. Although it was assigned with They gave me the 10:20 time. Evidentally, the wrecker driver or company declined it because it was too far and late at night. It wouldn't have been that late if they'd taken the call at first.

Anyway...supposedly they finally found someone, but they're 40 miles away and have to gas up first.

So...looks like I'll be getting there eventually (2am or later). Having gotten up at 5am, I'm almost like one of pkondz's double shifts.

I used to recommend AAA. After this, not sure they'll get any more of my money. Supposedly 24 hour assistance....unless of course it's a long distance (what I pay extra for) or inconvenient.

Wish I could figure out how to sue them for breach of contract. I kept my end of the bargain by paying them, but they didn't keep their end.
Wow. Man that really sucks. Can definitely see how you'd be more than a little upset!
When you wake up eventually, let us know how it turned out.

Morning All,

bit of an overcast day here but it does mean the snow is melting, should be able to see my lawn in a few weeks.

DW had her arm checked on Thursday, she needs a cast for about another month. She got through doing her report cards so hopefully now she will be able to let it rest and heal.

First volleyball tournament of the high school season this weekend, two matches later today. I hope the head coach will let me play today, I look like I'm 17 right?

Hope you got home OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter