DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Oh pie! I forgot pie. I like pie too.
Just to update, my doctor called today with my blood test results. Cholesterol, sugar and everything else okay.
So besides the 15-20 pounds I could lose off my gut, I’m doing ok so far. Pasta and pie for supper I guess.

Don't forget the beer!

Happy Wednesday. So, here's an interesting story. As Governor Thanos has been vanquished, the new Governor is starting to build all his Cabinet positions. Those all go to the big political donors. However, the next level below that is the one that runs all the Departments. While it is still has political considerations, it still involves actual work other than press conferences. Apparently, my wife's name has come up for that spot. It's certainly not because of politics or donations, but because of the quality of her work. It's highly unlikely, but to even be considered is quite impressive. Inauguration is next week, so this process moves fast.

Very cool! Maybe someday you will be the first husband of Kentucky.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit of a bitter sweet day as me & the Mrs are celebrating our 26th anniversary but it is also the 1 year anniversary of my Dad passing. Have a good one and enjoy the Holiday Spirit!

AK Top 5
1A. EE
1B. Dawa
2A. FOP
2B. Nomad Lounge
3A. KS
3B. Dawa
4A. FOTLK
4B. Dawa
5A. Kali
5B. Nomad Lounge
Wish I could do two like marks. It would be happy for anniversary :yay: Congrats! and :sad2: for dad.

Just got here and was almost to the viewing area and they announced it was scrubbed. :sad:
Replying to my own since I'm still reading others...

Re-scheduled for tomorrow at 12:29. (If it happens). We'll be going again, but my brother will be going with us and he doesn't have an AP, so we'll probably just pull off of the road near there and watch.

Morning, Dads! Hope all are doing well this fine morning. Had another wonderfully...uh, not so busy slow-ish day yesterday. I say it that way because while there was work, it was more busy work, which I don't mind doing, I just prefer the regular work. This is my first holiday with this company so I have nothing to go off of, but the nuts and bolts of the work, filling shop orders and shipping out a lot of product, seems to have slowed down. Maybe it's because of the holiday...let's hope things pick up. Anyways...took my DD to a local village stroll last night where my DW was working. My DW is a harpist and plays Christmas carols at village stroll every year. My DD and I show up and watch and listen to mommy play the harp, then we take off and walk down the street, which the village closes, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday. I love village strolls. Many of the businesses will stay open, or re-open once the stroll begins, and will hand out baked goods and hot cider and cocoa. Every business, well, most, along the road will get involved and into the holiday spirit. And it's not about selling anything, it's about enjoying the holiday. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone!

So DD19 had her first final exam at university for this semester. She’s been sequestered in the basement studying the past week. She’s been something like a mole person hiding from the zombie apocalypse, only coming upstairs to microwave a pizza pocket or frozen pasta. Her marks have been good all semester so I’m sure she’ll do fine. She just puts a lot of pressure on herself.

Image result for happy friday eve gif

(sorry, I had to post something. I start to post something and thought better of it, but the Dis won't let it go...)

Morning Guys from the Capital City!

Should be another quiet day of catching up, maybe I'll go do some Christmas shopping at lunch.

Have a good one all.

Morning, Dads! Hope all are doing well this fine morning. Had another wonderfully...uh, not so busy slow-ish day yesterday. I say it that way because while there was work, it was more busy work, which I don't mind doing, I just prefer the regular work. This is my first holiday with this company so I have nothing to go off of, but the nuts and bolts of the work, filling shop orders and shipping out a lot of product, seems to have slowed down. Maybe it's because of the holiday...let's hope things pick up. Anyways...took my DD to a local village stroll last night where my DW was working. My DW is a harpist and plays Christmas carols at village stroll every year. My DD and I show up and watch and listen to mommy play the harp, then we take off and walk down the street, which the village closes, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday. I love village strolls. Many of the businesses will stay open, or re-open once the stroll begins, and will hand out baked goods and hot cider and cocoa. Every business, well, most, along the road will get involved and into the holiday spirit. And it's not about selling anything, it's about enjoying the holiday. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone!

Wow, your wife strolls around with the harp, that's impressive. ;)

Image result for happy friday eve gif

(sorry, I had to post something. I start to post something and thought better of it, but the Dis won't let it go...)

Left her hanging.

So DD19 had her first final exam at university for this semester. She’s been sequestered in the basement studying the past week. She’s been something like a mole person hiding from the zombie apocalypse, only coming upstairs to microwave a pizza pocket or frozen pasta. Her marks have been good all semester so I’m sure she’ll do fine. She just puts a lot of pressure on herself.
Dedication. ::yes::
:lmao:

Happy Thursday. Youngest stayed home sick from school today. That magical season had started in my household - flu season.

Now that we finished our top 5 attractions at the parks, what shall we do now? Top 5 restaurants? Drinks? Resorts? Or, do we move onto which princess is hotter? Or, Marvel character stronger? I can do this all day.

Oh pie! I forgot pie. I like pie too.
Just to update, my doctor called today with my blood test results. Cholesterol, sugar and everything else okay.
So besides the 15-20 pounds I could lose off my gut, I’m doing ok so far. Pasta and pie for supper I guess.

Darn. I know how disappointing that is because it happened to me with space shuttle Atlantis in 1999.

Who doesn't like pie? Just none of that Bristish putting meat in pies. Good american, sweet dessert pies.

Very cool! Maybe someday you will be the first husband of Kentucky.

That will never happen. We don't have the lineage, i.e., money, to even consider that.

Anyways...took my DD to a local village stroll last night where my DW was working. My DW is a harpist and plays Christmas carols at village stroll every year. My DD and I show up and watch and listen to mommy play the harp, then we take off and walk down the street, which the village closes, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday. I love village strolls. Many of the businesses will stay open, or re-open once the stroll begins, and will hand out baked goods and hot cider and cocoa. Every business, well, most, along the road will get involved and into the holiday spirit. And it's not about selling anything, it's about enjoying the holiday. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone!

That sounds fun. They tried that here, but without all the cocoa, bake goods, or fun. Just a local business shopping bonanza, which was absolutely miserable to me. Sadly, they tried it in our downtown area, all 10 blocks of it. But, half of it is filled with a courthouse, government offices, and lawyer's offices which were all closed. Poor city planning.

I don't remember studying for mine. Well, that explains a lot. :lmao:

Good luck to her.

Afternoon chaps from a Chilly but clear London.

Who doesn't like pie? Just none of that Bristish putting meat in pies. Good american, sweet dessert pies
Consider your previously unheard of invite to good ol' fashioned Pie, Mash n Liquor in the East End of London with yours truly hereby revoked, you shameless heathen.
(I only like Pie from 3 places in the world, and I hate fruit in pies.)
One day you might be out shootin at some food and up through the ground comes bubblin crude.
Black Gold. Texas Tea.
Anyways...took my DD to a local village stroll last night where my DW was working. My DW is a harpist and plays Christmas carols at village stroll every year.
Very festive. Nice one.

Let me ask you Dad's of multiple kids a question. How did you know you were ready for a second? My Wife and I are talking about it, and I don't really feel a strong opinion either way

Good for her, that's awesome. I need to do that with regards to my medical coding studying.

Wow, your wife strolls around with the harp, that's impressive. ;)

Yeah, she straps it on and away she goes. :rotfl2: Actually, I've seen people do that with small harps, but my DW's is the full sized one. Side note:, One of the harps she owns used to be owned by the principal harpist for all the Rodger and Hammerstein shows. The travel crate we have for the harp has all the stickers from the shows she's played in...the harp, not the wife.

That sounds fun. They tried that here, but without all the cocoa, bake goods, or fun. Just a local business shopping bonanza, which was absolutely miserable to me. Sadly, they tried it in our downtown area, all 10 blocks of it. But, half of it is filled with a courthouse, government offices, and lawyer's offices which were all closed. Poor city planning.

It's a lot of fun, and everyone does it right here. Don't get me wrong, if someone has a business where they're selling something, then sure, they'll have a sale, but they also have food and what not. Even the law offices and real estate offices opened for food and bathroom breaks. The real estate office had a cotton candy machine outside with someone manning it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter