DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit of a bitter sweet day as me & the Mrs are celebrating our 26th anniversary but it is also the 1 year anniversary of my Dad passing. Have a good one and enjoy the Holiday Spirit!

AK Top 5
1A. EE
1B. Dawa
2A. FOP
2B. Nomad Lounge
3A. KS
3B. Dawa
4A. FOTLK
4B. Dawa
5A. Kali
5B. Nomad Lounge

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit of a bitter sweet day as me & the Mrs are celebrating our 26th anniversary but it is also the 1 year anniversary of my Dad passing. Have a good one and enjoy the Holiday Spirit!

AK Top 5
1A. EE
1B. Dawa
2A. FOP
2B. Nomad Lounge
3A. KS
3B. Dawa
4A. FOTLK
4B. Dawa
5A. Kali
5B. Nomad Lounge

I'm sensing a theme.

Happy Anniversary and I hope you get some time to remember the good memories of your Dad.

All my money is on “dillydilly2018”

Hey, that's way better than "password". I should probably change it.

Had to go with a 2nd post. My 3 month keto blood checkup has cholesterol from 181 to 139 and A1C from 6.2 to 5.0. So, eating steak, eggs, bacon, butter lowered my cholesterol. I'm convinced. It's the sugar (carbs) in the processed food.

Nice work! I've been relying on pills to reduce cholesterol. Like @Terra Nova guy said, I just like bread and pasta and pie too much.

I would recommend against using the same password as anywhere else. I would advise that for anybody using a computer. One of the easiest ways for someone to steal your online information or financial records is if they hack one of your accounts, they will automatically try the same password for everything else. Using a different password for each is just a good idea no matter who you are.

This is very true. But I also have lost count of the number of times I've had to use the "Forgot Password" link.

Yeah, he was pretty hardcore. It comes from when his dad passed when he was in college leaving the family business to my grandmother. The guy who was asked to run it after granddad pass was stealing from the business, so dad quit school and went home to run the business. As a result he didn't trust anyone to run the business in his absence.

Wow. Yeah, I can see why he'd be a bit paranoid.

Animal Kingdom Top 5:

1A. Flight of Passage
1B. Expedition Everest

(not as big of a gap as Epcot, but still there)

3. Kilimanjaro Safari
4. Dinosaur
5. Kali River Rapids

OK, so we’re at AK today, then?

There the list would go like this…

1. Nomad Lounge
2. EE
3. FOP
4. KS

5. Hummmmm, don’t know about that one….
Maybe a tie between Dinosaur and Nemo
I’d likely do both if I was there long enough, but we also have a bit of a soft spot for the Nemo show, soooooo...

But then again, we could just go back to Nomad again.
That’d work.

And Rob makes up his own rules and adds on a resort to the theme park.
There’s madness to my method…

Or is that the other way around…
Or is it madness to my madness…
Anyway, moving on.

Walt himself said that arriving at MK via boat or monorail was part of the experience.
There for…
The Monorail is “part” of MK.
There for…
So are the resorts on the loop that are connected by said monorail.
And…
There are no proper bar/lounge options physically within the park …
But…
There certainly are along the loop so they count as being part of the MK.
(as far as I’m concerned, at least)
And since it is a near certainty that if I’m at MK on a given day, I will be leaving the park to take the monorail over to the Poly around 3pm, enjoying myself mightily while there, and then returning back to the MK via the same mode of transportation and continuing my day in the park…
Then (il)logic dictates that…
Trader Sam’s is part of the MK.

And note: I came up with that logic while stone cold sober.
Imagine the thought processes of which I’m capable after having finished off a Krakatoa and am already halfway through our first Nautilus…

:rotfl2: There's one in every crowd.
And even Disney agrees with you…

It’s not everyone that earns one of those.

SpaceX is having a launch tomorrow at 12:51pm. According to weather predictions, it's a 90% for a go for launch. I'm planning on heading to KSC tomorrow and either watching from there or maybe going to Playalinda beach to watch. I've been told that's a good spot. The advantage to KSC would be if there's a delay, I just go wander around and view other things while I wait.

I spent a good amount of quality time as a young’en on Playalinda Beach.
One of my favorite water’s edge spots and certainly within eye & ear shot of Complexes 39A & 39B
Well, the very southern end of it obviously.

Too bad the mission got scrubbed.
Any idea on when they are rescheduling it to?

Sorry for the melancholy, but happy for the anniversary.
May y’all see 26 more (and then another 26 after that).

Congrats and condolences.
I hope you can enjoy the day with the missus.

Nice work! I've been relying on pills to reduce cholesterol. Like @Terra Nova guy said, I just like bread and pasta and pie too much.
Oh pie! I forgot pie. I like pie too.
Just to update, my doctor called today with my blood test results. Cholesterol, sugar and everything else okay.
So besides the 15-20 pounds I could lose off my gut, I’m doing ok so far. Pasta and pie for supper I guess.

Just got here and was almost to the viewing area and they announced it was scrubbed. :sad:
Darn. I know how disappointing that is because it happened to me with space shuttle Atlantis in 1999.

Happy Wednesday. So, here's an interesting story. As Governor Thanos has been vanquished, the new Governor is starting to build all his Cabinet positions. Those all go to the big political donors. However, the next level below that is the one that runs all the Departments. While it is still has political considerations, it still involves actual work other than press conferences. Apparently, my wife's name has come up for that spot. It's certainly not because of politics or donations, but because of the quality of her work. It's highly unlikely, but to even be considered is quite impressive. Inauguration is next week, so this process moves fast.

Not according to the American Adventure propaganda machine

Well, can't go against the American propganda machine then.

Morning folks...

Just over an hour left on the shift and then sleeeeeeep...

AK
1. FoP
2. EE
3. KS
4. Dino
5. um... nothing? Can I go on EE again?

Must do's
Tree of Life Awakenings. Pure magic.
8 Spoons shrimp mac n cheese.

Hating on AK? :sad2:

Dam! Almost had one! I was hoping one of you guys would fall for that!

See, here's where I was getting confused, because I have been reading different things.
I asked the same question in the Disney + thread (because I obviously don't trust you guys) View attachment 456523

According to the reply there, if you use the same email for Disney + but a different password, it automatically changes your password for MDE and any other Disney account (Shop Disney, Movie Rewards, etc.)
Assuming that's the case, part of me likes the convenience, but also not sure about the security.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-launches-november-12th.3744694/post-61310474

Hmm...see above comment. Have you tried logging in to MDE since?

As above.
Just curious what people's experiences are.

Yeah, that's what it seems will happen if I use the same.

Good idea. As I mentioned, at first I liked the idea of one user/password for everything Disney, but then I thought about security.
I will probably choose a different email/password combo for Disney +

That's great news.
So far my cholesterol has been OK. I actually had my annual blood work done again yesterday so we'll see how I'm doing after that.
I could do with losing a few pounds, just not sure I can make the move to keto. I love bread and pasta too much.

That's back running now, I think?
And they have the new Animation Station there.

I haven't tried to login yet. But, I will go and try. I hope my phone is smarter than me and saved my password, because I think I already forgot it.

AK Top 5
1A. EE
1B. Dawa
2A. FOP
2B. Nomad Lounge
3A. KS
3B. Dawa
4A. FOTLK
4B. Dawa
5A. Kali
5B. Nomad Lounge

Happy Anniversary non-rule follower.

Animal Kingdom Top 5:

1A. Flight of Passage
1B. Expedition Everest

(not as big of a gap as Epcot, but still there)

3. Kilimanjaro Safari
4. Dinosaur
5. Kali River Rapids

Gap? I must be missing something. The only thing I don't like about AK is taking a bus to get there.

OK, so we’re at AK today, then?

There the list would go like this…

1. Nomad Lounge
2. EE
3. FOP
4. KS

5. Hummmmm, don’t know about that one….
Maybe a tie between Dinosaur and Nemo
I’d likely do both if I was there long enough, but we also have a bit of a soft spot for the Nemo show, soooooo...

But then again, we could just go back to Nomad again.
That’d work.

There’s madness to my method…

Or is that the other way around…
Or is it madness to my madness…
Anyway, moving on.

Walt himself said that arriving at MK via boat or monorail was part of the experience.
There for…
The Monorail is “part” of MK.
There for…
So are the resorts on the loop that are connected by said monorail.
And…
There are no proper bar/lounge options physically within the park …
But…
There certainly are along the loop so they count as being part of the MK.
(as far as I’m concerned, at least)
And since it is a near certainty that if I’m at MK on a given day, I will be leaving the park to take the monorail over to the Poly around 3pm, enjoying myself mightily while there, and then returning back to the MK via the same mode of transportation and continuing my day in the park…
Then (il)logic dictates that…
Trader Sam’s is part of the MK.

Imagine the thought processes of which I’m capable after having finished off a Krakatoa and am already halfway through our first Nautilus…

And even Disney agrees with you…

View attachment 456581

It’s not everyone that earns one of those.

I spent a good amount of quality time as a young’en on Playalinda Beach.
One of my favorite water’s edge spots and certainly within eye & ear shot of Complexes 39A & 39B
Well, the very southern end of it obviously.

Too bad the mission got scrubbed.
Any idea on when they are rescheduling it to?

The logic sounds absolutely sound to me. Rule breaking sounds great to me.

Followed your logic, sound approach right there and thnaks for the nice words
Congrats and condolences.
I hope you can enjoy the day with the missus.

Oh pie! I forgot pie. I like pie too.
Just to update, my doctor called today with my blood test results. Cholesterol, sugar and everything else okay.
So besides the 15-20 pounds I could lose off my gut, I’m doing ok so far. Pasta and pie for supper I guess.

Darn. I know how disappointing that is because it happened to me with space shuttle Atlantis in 1999.
Thanks and glad to hear you got basically a clean bill of health other than that area above the waist line we all seem to be challenged with keeping from expansion

Happy Wednesday. So, here's an interesting story. As Governor Thanos has been vanquished, the new Governor is starting to build all his Cabinet positions. Those all go to the big political donors. However, the next level below that is the one that runs all the Departments. While it is still has political considerations, it still involves actual work other than press conferences. Apparently, my wife's name has come up for that spot. It's certainly not because of politics or donations, but because of the quality of her work. It's highly unlikely, but to even be considered is quite impressive. Inauguration is next week, so this process moves fast.

Happy Anniversary non-rule follower.
Congrats to DW and I though you had to be a non-rule follower to be part of this crew?

So, my hot Stacy must dos at AK.

The Kilomanjari Safari ride is not only my favorite at AK, but I think it's the best at all of WDW. Obviously, it depends on when you ride it, as morning and evening have yielded more animal activity. But, we ride it at least twice each trip, and have my favorite is the rhinos running alongside the truck. We are planning on doing the Wild Africa Trek this trip.

The next must do is Expedition Everest. I was able to ride it when the Yeti actually worked inside the ride, so it bears a bit of nostalgia and quality ride. Plus, it's is Stacy's top 5 list, and I like watching her .... talking about the ride.

FOTLK is my favorite live show at WDW. DW and I wandered in there on our Disneymoon, so it had a bit extra magic. 3 of us have been in the show. I warmed up the elephant section, and both my girls did the walk around parade. It is an absolute must do, worthy of a FP at AK.

Flights of Passage is next. I'm not a huge fan of the seats/ flyers / whatever they are, but it is a really amazing attraction and unique as well. Plus, it took forever for the ride to be developed after the movie, so not quite all that contemporary.

Yak n Yeti restaurant is a must do every trip. And, if you sign up for the Landry card, then you don't have to do ADRs and can get it. Terrific food, and even more special when you sit upstairs.

(1) Kilimanjaro Safari
(2) Expedition Everest
(3) FOTLK
(4) Flights of Passage
(5) Yak n Yeti Restaurant

Honorable mentions include the Dinosaur ride, Nemo Show, and Mahajara jungle trek. The Tree of Life is just amazing to watch. It doesn't bring the same as Cinderella's Castle, but it is just so much fun to find the animals in there.

Happy Anniversary! And as someone already said, happy thoughts on your dad.

WOW! Congratulations on your wife getting the nod, that certainly is impressive.

Just got here and was almost to the viewing area and they announced it was scrubbed. :sad:

NOOOOOOOOOooooooo...

Pasta and pie for supper I guess.

Awesome. Livin' the dream.

While it is still has political considerations, it still involves actual work other than press conferences. Apparently, my wife's name has come up for that spot. It's certainly not because of politics or donations, but because of the quality of her work. It's highly unlikely, but to even be considered is quite impressive. Inauguration is next week, so this process moves fast.

Wow, congratulations to her! Speaks well of her work.

That might delay the Florida retirement plans, though.

Gap? I must be missing something. The only thing I don't like about AK is taking a bus to get there.

I like AK a lot, love the theming and the trails. By "gap", I'm referring to how much I enjoy the ride. FoP and EE are the only two I'd be crushed to miss on a visit. I enjoy the others on the list, but not to the same degree.

WOW! Congratulations on your wife getting the nod, that certainly is impressive.

Thanks. She works really hard, way more than me. I'm glad others notice.

Wow, congratulations to her! Speaks well of her work.

That might delay the Florida retirement plans, though.

Thanks. Or, it may expedite them. She would get paid more that what both she and I currently make combined. I'm ready to be her cabana boy. :lmao:

That alone would be the reason she wouldn't get the job.

I like AK a lot, love the theming and the trails. By "gap", I'm referring to how much I enjoy the ride. FoP and EE are the only two I'd be crushed to miss on a visit. I enjoy the others on the list, but not to the same degree.

I knew what you meant. That's why Disney appeals to so many.

That’s incredible mate, massive congrats to the good Lady Airgoofy.

Thanks. She called and was embarrassed to even be considered. I hope they don't have to investigate me.

Pole dancing club on international drive?

That's my next job.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter