DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

This is a desperate man, folks...

Oh yeah, we have been here for 3 months, and looking at AT LEAST another 3. I actually get along great with my MIL, except for the fact that she hates light and the house is decorated like an Italian Mausoleum. I work full virtual so I've got to get out of the house sometimes. I'm looking at a coworking place tomorrow, I might sign up just to get that 'office' feel if i like the place

So... you're saying you're not a fan of HM????

Good luck!

I absolutely am a fan! Just not for long term living, lol. Thanks, I got a recommendation for this place, and it's way cheaper than the competition, so I hope it goes well. I'm also going to a board game meetup on Wednesday this week and hoping that goes well to

It didn't have a deed to a Bowling alley inside though.
Nod-a-finga!!

You're welcome. Call on me anytime to ruin various parts of Christmas.
No, no... that's a good thing.
Of course, no one will understand why I'm laughing at their prized holiday dessert offering...

but I can live with that.

Just today and then two more shifts tomorrow morning and tomorrow night and I'm free for three (days). Woot!
Considering how often you are called on your rare days off to fill in for other folk's unplanned days off, I'd almost be willing to bet against that one.

I just had a great random conversation with an older fellow about moving to Florida. Seems I can't escape thinking about it ^_^ We talked about renting versus buying a place down there. I know we want to buy a house because we plan to live there permanently, but it's nice to get a renter's perspective
Interesting....
What kind of things did he have to say that were worth mulling over?
(asking for a friend, of course)

The chief turned it into a sauna. At least our pores will be clear whilst we painfully burn in the aftermath of the explosion.
Good planning!!!!
I absolutely am a fan! Just not for long term living, lol.
Well, that's the problem right there. It's for long term dying.
I'm also going to a board game meetup on Wednesday this week and hoping that goes well to
That sounds like fun!
Nod-a-finga!!
:lmao:
No, no... that's a good thing.
Of course, no one will understand why I'm laughing at their prized holiday dessert offering...

but I can live with that.
;)
Considering how often you are called on your rare days off to fill in for other folk's unplanned days off, I'd almost be willing to bet against that one.
I'll take that bet.
I've maxed out the number of hours you're legally allowed to work in this country for the year.
After Jan 1 is a different story.

30 minutes early for my interview. There's a young, cute blond with less than 5 years experience interviewing now. Clearly, my 24 years experience can't compete with that.

Tonight is senior night for City/County swim meet. The 4 local High Schools compete, which is a big deal. But, it's even a bigger deal that my oldest is a senior. Despite her behavior, I won't miss this one.

Thanks.

By them. I'm too old, white, Male, Catholic, and heterosexual to be promoted in this University setting. Still, since I hit one protected class (age), I get to enjoy making the squirm in the interview. For example, when they ask my greatest weakness, and answer that I struggle that merit, hardwork, and quality doesn't get you promoted.

Hey, when you're at your MIL's house, ajy reason is good enough to leave, even Starbucks coffee.

Renting vs buying also involves time. If you plan on living somewhere 20+ years, then buying is the easy way to go. However, the risk is that 20 years. Just remember, when you move, you must find me a place along with a job. Easy enough.
Best of luck to DD! They also get better at about age 20
Over-priced mediocre coffee, even McDonalds is better around here.
Plus you have Tim Hortons

Home from the interview. At least I get the 2nd half of Champions League with Barcelona.

I think I'm the odd man out here, but I actually enjoy some good Starbucks, especially the pour overs. When you grow up with Dunkin and McDonalds it's a welcome change! Anyway Goof hope the interview goes well, don't give up hope before you've even gotten in!

I really like Dunkin Donuts blend. I buy the large bag at Sam's Club and go thru quickly. Medium, ground blend. No sugar or cream. It tastes terrific, even better in the press pot.

Ouch. Bet you get a lot of awkward silence with that one.

Interviewed with 8 people today. Welcome to waste your taxpayer money on bosses. I was able to work "stamp your form sonny" into an answer.

Oh yeah, we have been here for 3 months, and looking at AT LEAST another 3. I actually get along great with my MIL, except for the fact that she hates light and the house is decorated like an Italian Mausoleum. I work full virtual so I've got to get out of the house sometimes. I'm looking at a coworking place tomorrow, I might sign up just to get that 'office' feel if i like the place

See, she's a vampire. :lmao: That's terrific you get along with your MIL. I think my own DW makes it up to "tolerate" me on a good day.

We talked about him buying a home, and snowbirding, while renting it out to tourists in his off season. I know of some folks that have done that and gotten the house to practically pay for itself

We have friends from Church that did that. Paid off their home, bought a condo, and rent it out on holidays and snowbird season to break even, and stay there themselves a few times a year. The difference is noticable in their furniture, as the renters get the subpar version. But, it's on the beach, and they will replace it when they move permanently.

Plus you have Tim Hortons

I believe you. 20 just can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:
Hoping you decide to move down instead. There are places to rent here too. I know you have to convince the wife, so hoping you can. Lots of sunlight here and if you want, you can work at the world, but I would expect you'd want GOOD wifi.

I'll take that bet.
I've maxed out the number of hours you're legally allowed to work in this country for the year.
After Jan 1 is a different story.
Well, that'd been a handy piece of information to have before offering up a wager.

Of course, my experience with employers is that they'll make any and all possible attempts at circumnavigating the regs, so I could still see them picking up the phone.

Really?
You certain about that one? ;)

I was able to work "stamp your form sonny" into an answer.
You deserve consideration for the position simply on the grounds of working that one into the interview.

Please tell me you actually did.

The question was how would I describe my management style. I said I was active and direct, not passively waiting for my staff to walk in my office and ask to stamp my form, sonny.

You deserve consideration for the position simply on the grounds of working that one into the interview.

Sadly, none of the 8 bosses caught the reference.

Morning. It’s cold. It’s early.
i need to retire and move! :laughing:

Well, that'd been a handy piece of information to have before offering up a wager.
That would’ve been silly of me!
Of course, my experience with employers is that they'll make any and all possible attempts at circumnavigating the regs, so I could still see them picking up the phone.
True. But that would be extremely rare.
The question was how would I describe my management style. I said I was active and direct, not passively waiting for my staff to walk in my office and ask to stamp my form, sonny.
Nice.

Nod-a-finga!!

Bumpus! Come get your mutts!

Timmy's is the bomb

I'm good with Wawa. Costs about 80% less than Starbucks.

I really like Dunkin Donuts blend. I buy the large bag at Sam's Club and go thru quickly. Medium, ground blend. No sugar or cream. It tastes terrific, even better in the press pot.

Dunkin always works. I usually get the big bag from Costco.

I was able to work "stamp your form sonny" into an answer.

:worship:

100% agree!

That's impressive.

Sadly, none of the 8 bosses caught the reference.

Why am I not surprised?

Morning. It’s cold. It’s early.
i need to retire and move! :laughing:

Went to see Jim Gaffigan live a few months ago. He had Winnipeg jokes! Mostly about being scheduled to do a show there in February, which is the absolute best time to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter