DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning chaps from a Sunny mother country. Bittersweet for us today, it was the last nativity we will go to, to see the Curly Haired Ninja deliver her one line as Shepherd No.1, which she provided with aplomb.

We all go to the polls tomorrow, so it looks like another 4 years of Posh Boy, Insular, Asset stripping mismanagement, barring a galactic shift. People are still falling for the same old BS, but this guy is a real piece of work. Plus ca change.

Lego towers is a ghost town today. Just enjoyed a Xmas Wrap for lunch.

Morning. It’s cold. It’s early.
i need to retire and move! :laughing:
Morning buddy. It's probably good to do it in that order if you are taking the plunge.
I'm good with Wawa. Costs about 80% less than Starbucks.
I had to look that one up. I'll try one if I see one.
I think I'm the odd man out here, but I actually enjoy some good Starbucks, especially the pour overs. When you grow up with Dunkin and McDonalds it's a welcome change!
Its totally down to taste mate, but yeah,I think you're in a minority. McDonalds coffee really ain't bad at all, I think though as with all McDonalds things, if it's fresh, it's OK. Krispy Kreme filter coffee is really good, plus you can get a cheeky glazed original ;). Like you say go for what you can find.
I really like Dunkin Donuts blend.
It's good, I tend to buy it in the Supermarket when we do our run for renting houses for the week. Wasn't this the flavour in Disney a few years back for the filter machines in the rooms? We get the Lavazza Red kilo bags from Costco, for about 8 quid a go at home.

Last edited:
I'm good with Wawa. Costs about 80% less than Starbucks.

I’m totally obsessed with Wawa, especially since we don’t have them out here on the West Coast. And there really is no west coast equivalent.

As for the great coffee debate of 2019, my sister-in-law got my wife and I hooked on Nespresso. Kinda sucks to have to plan ahead with ordering coffee online, but the last few times it’s arrived in 24-36 hours.

Something for all the Canadians. One of my employees is originally from Raymond, out in the plains of Alberta. He can’t get a lot of tastes from home here in Sacramento. So he got a surprise from me—a 3-pack of Hawkins’ Cheezies.

I’m totally obsessed with Wawa, especially since we don’t have them out here on the West Coast. And there really is no west coast equivalent.
This is definitely a "thing". We used to have it about Five Guys, but now they are everywhere over here. In n Out still has a bit of a pull, because we don't have it for years and I think you always remember it better.

Morning buddy. It's probably good to do it in that order if you are taking the plunge.
And... doubt I ever will... move south, I mean. I don't want to give up my Canadian citizenship, so can only stay south for a limited time.
Back to the negative side of the thermometer, not as bad as Winnipeg but still on the wrong side.
How's the icing situation?
I’m totally obsessed with Wawa,
I've been there.

Wait... we're not talking about Wawa, Ontario?
Something for all the Canadians. One of my employees is originally from Raymond, out in the plains of Alberta. He can’t get a lot of tastes from home here in Sacramento. So he got a surprise from me—a 3-pack of Hawkins’ Cheezies.
Um... I hate those things.
Turkey, Bacon, Stuffing, A bit of Pulled Pork and some Cranberry Sauce and Mayo. They call it the "Yule Hog"
Holy cow! That sounds great!
You get a free Business Card from the Cardiologist with every purchase.
:lmao:

And... doubt I ever will... move south, I mean. I don't want to give up my Canadian citizenship, so can only stay south for a limited time.
I hear ya. We are possibly the closest we have ever been to it, if I'm honest. I could get an internal transfer in a heartbeat, and the Lady K is about to join a firm that has a massive US presence, but as much as I moan about it, I love London to it's very core.

As for the great coffee debate of 2019, my sister-in-law got my wife and I hooked on Nespresso. Kinda sucks to have to plan ahead with ordering coffee online, but the last few times it’s arrived in 24-36 hours.

I'm also set on Wawa but there's none up here 😭

Hoping you decide to move down instead. There are places to rent here too. I know you have to convince the wife, so hoping you can. Lots of sunlight here and if you want, you can work at the world, but I would expect you'd want GOOD wifi.
I actually love working at the World! I've done the Starbucks in Disney Springs, and I went and worked at the Wilderness Lodge once as well. Would love to bop around resorts and work out of the common areas. I don't need too fast of a connection for most of my tools, and I can hotspot if need be.

I hope I can convince the wife too. She wants to live up here for a few years, while I want to move straight down. We are thinking about having baby 2 and she wants to be around family, while I want to be around sunlight, lol

I had to look that one up. I'll try one if I see one.

I don't want to oversell it. I'm sure you can find better coffee. But for a convenience store, their offerings are surprisingly good. They make good sandwiches, too.

It's good, I tend to buy it in the Supermarket when we do our run for renting houses for the week. Wasn't this the flavour in Disney a few years back for the filter machines in the rooms? We get the Lavazza Red kilo bags from Costco, for about 8 quid a go at home.

I like to order Disney coffee from Joffrey's. They have some good ones available.

Greatest convenience store in the world! They are a presence in Florida now, too. Used to just be a PA/NJ/DE thing.

This is definitely a "thing". We used to have it about Five Guys, but now they are everywhere over here. In n Out still has a bit of a pull, because we don't have it for years and I think you always remember it better.

There's a whole cult of Wawa in the Mid-Atlantic region. It's definitely our thing.

Wait... we're not talking about Wawa, Ontario?

Now I feel like they need a Wawa, just on principle.

I'm also set on Wawa but there's none up here 😭

NOOOOOOOOOoooooo....

And just like that, my parole was denied.
I got my rejection phone call less than 23 hours after the interview. Then, you add 16 hours of being off work. So yeah, they carefully considered the candidates for maybe 6 hours. Good to know I had a real chance of getting the job. I'm leaving to play tennis. See how much I can do between now and next year when I retire.

I hear ya. We are possibly the closest we have ever been to it, if I'm honest. I could get an internal transfer in a heartbeat, and the Lady K is about to join a firm that has a massive US presence, but as much as I moan about it, I love London to it's very core.
It's home, right? Totally get that. You think I'd move here? Average winter temp is -6000!
Surprisingly good. We had a gradual drop overnight so we didn't get a flash freeze after the two days of rain.
Dodged a (frozen) bullet.
Snow is all gone though.
A temporary situation, I'm sure.
Now I feel like they need a Wawa, just on principle.

"I'm off to Wawa!"
"Fool. You're in Wawa."
"Not Wawa... Wawa!"
"That makes no sense."
"The Wawa in Wawa. The Wawa Wawa. Wanna go?"
"You need help."

I got my rejection phone call less than 23 hours after the interview. Then, you add 16 hours of being off work. So yeah, they carefully considered the candidates for maybe 6 hours. Good to know I had a real chance of getting the job. I'm leaving to play tennis. See how much I can do between now and next year when I retire.
I guess you knew it was coming, but... sorry, man.

Sorry bud.

Sorry, Norm. Been there, got the t-shirt. Wish I could tell you it gets better.

Hopefully you've already started tunneling out of the place by now.

"I'm off to Wawa!"
"Fool. You're in Wawa."
"Not Wawa... Wawa!"
"That makes no sense."
"The Wawa in Wawa. The Wawa Wawa. Wanna go?"
"You need help."

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Say "wawa" enough times and you can be Charlie Brown's teacher!

Sorry Norm.

There is always the Pro Pickleball Tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter