• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

4 weeks to DDCC and only 6 more office days left in the year! DS got home from school yesterday and already ate us out of house & home :rotfl: but as always great to have him home. DD and SIL get into town tomorrow for a week of Christmas visiting / celebrating so will be great to have everyone home for a spell.
Since I think all coffee is vile, none at all is better.
So no alcohol and no coffee? Thought we had some requirements to get into this club :rolleyes:
Really?
You certain about that one? ;)
DD definitely lost most of her yap / attitude at about 20 so maybe it's just girls? DS was never a PITA like that so we were lucky on that one.
Bumpus! Come get your mutts!
slight breech of etiquette..........
"Hey, Bumpus. Get over here and get your stinking dogs!"
And just like that, my parole was denied.
I got my rejection phone call less than 23 hours after the interview. Then, you add 16 hours of being off work. So yeah, they carefully considered the candidates for maybe 6 hours. Good to know I had a real chance of getting the job. I'm leaving to play tennis. See how much I can do between now and next year when I retire.
Sorry to hear Norm, don't let it get to ya especially at this time of year.

I'll take that bet.
I've maxed out the number of hours you're legally allowed to work in this country for the year.
After Jan 1 is a different story.
Wow, that's pretty cool...off from work until new year. (Yes, I already know that's not the case)

So no alcohol and no coffee? Thought we had some requirements to get into this club
Yes, we do.
Love of bacon and dole whips. I never said NO alcohol, just rarely. Also, since I've had a few issues with gout and alcohol aggravates gout, so not drinking much is avoiding pain too!

From what I've heard, becoming a US citizen is extraordinarily difficult.
We should talk.

Last edited:
So my team had a white elephant gift exchange today. The most traded item was fantastic--they downloaded my picture from my official bio and put in on a shot glass. Now that's a morale booster!

Well the overlords have finally made a decision.
For some strange reason, they've decided to let me live.
So I will still be employed for the foreseeable future. Of course they can always change their mind, but for the first time in in a year I actually know what their plan is. I'm supposed to be officially hired on Jan 1st, but now they just have to actually follow through on it. I do need to give credit to the folks that I have been doing work for as they saw my value and went to bat to keep me on.

One great sigh of relief...

However...
There is just one teensy-weensy, but ever so crucial little, tiny detail.
They own me...

Errrr... I mean, they're paying more attention to me, or at least it would appear.
They've suddenly thrown up a pile of restrictions on internet access and our little clubhouse here is one of the sites that I can no longer access during the day. That's going to put a sizable crimp on my Dis time, but beggars can't be choosers in this instance.

From what I've heard, becoming a US citizen is extraordinarily difficult.
Getting allowed in up that way ain't no walk in the park either.
I've looked into it fairly seriously on two occasions, and don't meet the required point qualifications.

I guess you knew it was coming, but... sorry, man.

Yeah. It's the lack of integrity. I would have appreciated a call not to bother to show up to interview.

Sorry bud.

Thanks.

Sorry, Norm. Been there, got the t-shirt. Wish I could tell you it gets better.

Hopefully you've already started tunneling out of the place by now.

Yes, I literally left and went to play tennis. What are they going to do? Not promote me?

Sorry Norm.

There is always the Pro Pickleball Tour.

I wish. That is a thing here though.

Sorry Norm, but at least you know ...I've had interviews before and not heard a peep. Had a couple I thought went real well and crickets.

I nailed the interview. The fix was in, so never actually had a chance.

Sorry to hear Norm, don't let it get to ya especially at this time of year.

It's tough. I'm giving myself the day off tomorrow as well. I guess they can't expect me to be capable enough to do any work.

So my team had a white elephant gift exchange today. The most traded item was fantastic--they downloaded my picture from my official bio and put in on a shot glass. Now that's a morale booster!

Good for you.

So I will still be employed for the foreseeable future. Of course they can always change their mind, but for the first time in in a year I actually know what their plan is. I'm supposed to be officially hired on Jan 1st, but now they just have to actually follow through on it. I do need to give credit to the folks that I have been doing work for as they saw my value and went to bat to keep me on.

However...
There is just one teensy-weensy, but ever so crucial little, tiny detail.
They own me...

Congrats Rob. It's a precarious situation, but at least your still employed and hopefully closer to retirement.

Wow! Did anyone else just watch survivor?

Won't say because I don't want to spoil for anyone, but 😲 🤯
Yes! And DW Googled to see if there was any more info, but couldn't find anything out there.
I don't think anything like that has ever happened before?
Yeah. It's the lack of integrity. I would have appreciated a call not to bother to show up to interview.
They need plausible deniability.

There's a guy I know who went for an interview. He just moved back home after being away for a few years. He interviewed for the job he previously had. He didn't get it. But the manager's kid, with zero experience, got it.

Morning boys from a grey and gloomy London, which is a perfect political metaphor. I'm in a pretty dark mood today, woe betide anyone in LEGO towers who rattles my cage. Ever have those days when it all feels a bit pointless?

They own me...
One way or another, they own all of us buddy. All you can do is make sure your price ain't too cheap.

Good news my friend. Pop in when you can.
Yes, I literally left and went to play tennis. What are they going to do? Not promote me?
Good for you. Fight the power.
I nailed the interview. The fix was in, so never actually had a chance.
Maybe ask for the specific feedback? Make them squirm a bit? Make a bit of noise. I got 2 pay rises out of not getting jobs.

Have a good day chaps.

Last edited:

Congratulation Rob! (I think)

Morning all.
This is a test of the Employer DisBoard Blocking system.
Let's see if I can get away with this...

One way or another, they own all of us buddy.
That they do.

Your first employer is really not much more than your first experience with a pusher.
We’re all addicted to that pay check.

Congratulation Rob! (I think)
It’s a good thing in that I’m not going to be tossed out in the near term. I still don’t trust them, but at least I can make general plans for the future (which is good as I need about another decade or more of employment).

slight breech of etiquette..........
"Hey, Bumpus. Get over here and get your stinking dogs!"

Ah, yes. I stand corrected.

Well, I'm glad to hear that! Congratulations, Rob.

Like you said, let's make sure they follow through...

Errrr... I mean, they're paying more attention to me, or at least it would appear.
They've suddenly thrown up a pile of restrictions on internet access and our little clubhouse here is one of the sites that I can no longer access during the day. That's going to put a sizable crimp on my Dis time, but beggars can't be choosers in this instance.

Well...that sucks. Just check in whenever you can.

Attaboy.

They need plausible deniability.

There's a guy I know who went for an interview. He just moved back home after being away for a few years. He interviewed for the job he previously had. He didn't get it. But the manager's kid, with zero experience, got it.

:sad2:

I'm sure we all have stories like this. I got passed over once for someone who left engineering altogether and went to sell insurance for 6 years. But she was good friends with the chief engineer, so...

I'm in a pretty dark mood today, woe betide anyone in LEGO towers who rattles my cage. Ever have those days when it all feels a bit pointless?

::yes::

But,
1) you can go home and look at your family and realize that's not true, and
2) focus on the things that are under your control and realize that you're probably doing a pretty good job with those things.

This is a test of the Employer DisBoard Blocking system.
Let's see if I can get away with this...

:thumbsup2

Morning Gents,

Another cold one here, we may be getting near Winnipeg levels with a windchill of -20c. Otherwise it's a nice sunny day.

Congrats Rob. Maybe we can arrange to email you the important discussions that happen each and every day.

I wish. That is a thing here though.

Not surprised, our provincial pickleball association is one of the fastest growing groups we have.

Morning boys from a grey and gloomy London, which is a perfect political metaphor. I'm in a pretty dark mood today, woe betide anyone in LEGO towers who rattles my cage. Ever have those days when it all feels a bit pointless?

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter