DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning from a relatively sleepy London. My opportunity for a cheeky lie in from the 0345am SB finish was dashed by the youngest one being sick. First time she's been sick in 2 years from school. Timing, eh? So I was up at 8 and ended up doing work emails.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Before I forget, I might have missed a few quotes in all these pages, so I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the continued prayers and good thoughts on the job front....I appreciate it.

I had a good weekend, long weekend actually. I had Friday off for my hearing exam with the VA. That went well enough, now I wait to see if the VA will give me anything. Unfortunately my hearing loss isn't that bad, so I might not get anything, but we'll see. While I was down in Fall River, I swung by Battleship Cove to check out the USS Massachusetts BB-59...love that ship. Otherwise, the weekend went well. Sunday my wife and I went to see a local production of Arsenic and Old Lace, wonderful show, top notch set and wonderful acting. Now we begin another week, and a week that might be my last at my current temp job...we'll see. Well, gotta get going. Have fun, everyone, and we'll chat later.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Enjoyed the banter last night during the game and had a pretty good overall Super Bowl Sunday with the Mrs. A bit groggy this a.m., nothing like Dan I'm sure but groggy non the less. Let's have a good week guys.
Morning from a relatively sleepy London. My opportunity for a cheeky lie in from the 0345am SB finish was dashed by the youngest one being sick. First time she's been sick in 2 years from school. Timing, eh? So I was up at 8 and ended up doing work emails.
Hope nothing too serious there for the Ninja and hope she feels better

the youngest one being sick.
Hope nothing serious and she feels well soon.
While I was down in Fall River, I swung by Battleship Cove to check out the USS Massachusetts BB-59...love that ship.
That sounds interesting.... Google’s...
Now we begin another week, and a week that might be my last at my current temp job..
Continued good luck!
Welcome to Monday!

Thinking of going to the Chiefs parade, anyone know the route through Kansas?
:laughing:

Morning all. No hangover here and my hips still don't lie. Great game and halftime show.

And...

Image result for a government created by some watery tart filling a sword

I would think that lady would be able to find Missouri on a map though.

Welcome to Monday!

Thinking of going to the Chiefs parade, anyone know the route through Kansas?

Ask the lady in the lake. Ni!

I think the ninja may have given her Corona to my daughter. She was sick this AM as well, but went to school since she forgot to get a teacher to sign a field trip permission. I expect a call any minute now for her to go home.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Before I forget, I might have missed a few quotes in all these pages, so I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the continued prayers and good thoughts on the job front....I appreciate it.

I had a good weekend, long weekend actually. I had Friday off for my hearing exam with the VA. That went well enough, now I wait to see if the VA will give me anything. Unfortunately my hearing loss isn't that bad, so I might not get anything, but we'll see. While I was down in Fall River, I swung by Battleship Cove to check out the USS Massachusetts BB-59...love that ship. Otherwise, the weekend went well. Sunday my wife and I went to see a local production of Arsenic and Old Lace, wonderful show, top notch set and wonderful acting. Now we begin another week, and a week that might be my last at my current temp job...we'll see. Well, gotta get going. Have fun, everyone, and we'll chat later.

Does your hearing loss impact your singing?

That sounds interesting.... Google’s...

If you ever get a chance to crawl around on a battleship, do it. I love spending time on that ship...it helps that I'm a Navy guy and love ships to begin with.

Continued good luck!

Thanks,

Does your hearing loss impact your singing?

Being able to sing? No it doesn't. However, because of other issues I have with my hearing, it makes it difficult for me to not hear individual notes in chords....which I find irritating.

I think the ninja may have given her Corona to my daughter. She was sick this AM as well, but went to school since she forgot to get a teacher to sign a field trip permission. I expect a call any minute now for her to go home.
Oy. Hope she feels better.
If you ever get a chance to crawl around on a battleship, do it.
Plan to!
Been on a carrier (San Diego) and a German WWII sub (Chicago).

Ever got up to Portsmouth NH and visited the Albacore sub they have there?

I haven't, but there's a sub at Battleship Cove, the USS Lionfish.

Plan to!
Been on a carrier (San Diego) and a German WWII sub (Chicago).

The carrier in San Diego, is that the USS Midway? Been on that when I was last out in San Diego. And, while I wasn't stationed on her, I did visit her when she was active duty and forward deployed in Japan.

The only commercial I saw. And it was fantastic.

Looked great!
Greetings on another suckday

Well, I missed most of the second half, so missed most of the good part I've been told.

My son is coming in for a long weekend on Thursday night, so I'm working 12 hours today and Wednesday to get enough hours to cover taking Friday off.
Getting up at oh dark hundred and doing 12 hours wasn't really conducive to staying up late last night. :sad:

Will have to look the commercial up online...missed that too.

I haven't, but there's a sub at Battleship Cove, the USS Lionfish.

The carrier in San Diego, is that the USS Midway? Been on that when I was last out in San Diego. And, while I wasn't stationed on her, I did visit her when she was active duty and forward deployed in Japan.
That's cool!

I've been on the Yorktown in SC. There's a sub there too and been in it, but forget the name.

Driven by the USS Alabama on I-10 several times, but always in a hurry, so never stopped.

The carrier in San Diego, is that the USS Midway?
::yes::
And, while I wasn't stationed on her, I did visit her when she was active duty and forward deployed in Japan.
Cool!
Well, I missed most of the second half, so missed most of the good part I've been told.
Shakira won. Sorry. Spoiler alert.
Getting up at oh dark hundred and doing 12 hours wasn't really conducive to staying up late last night. :sad:
This has never stopped me. Also why I have almost no hair and what I do have is grey.

This has never stopped me. Also why I have almost no hair and what I do have is grey.
I can't do it anymore. When I was younger, I could do 24, 36, even 48 hour shifts (sometimes had to in the military), but oldmanitis has set in I guess. Can't do it anymore

Forgot to comment on this...
@londontime no wardrobe malfunctions, but some pretty good eye candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter