DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

hump day GIF
I do not think it means what you think it means. At least not in my world. :sad2:

I advised my girls not to file FAFSA and not borrow money. I told them to apply for scholarships along with their grades and sports. Or, find an employer to pay or the military. I never had loans. I paid off my wife's student loans. Loans are bad.

As Mike said, most colleges require it as part of the application. But I agree, debt is bad, and I'm trying really hard to avoid taking any loans. Hopefully she'll get some of the scholarships she's applying for.

I must have been traumatized by my FIFSA form because I don't remember filling the thing out. Thankfully we got a sizable scholarship for my daughter for the current year...hopefully the same next year.

That's great. Hope we can pull that off, too!

Need to fill out FAFSA even if no financial aide is taken as it is required for any University or State related scholarships. If not in the FAFSA system students are not eligible for the majority of scholarships. Never qualified for any financial aide but have to update FAFSA every year for each child to keep their scholarship funds coming in.

I'm thinking I might need to start running a Ponzi scheme.

And just when the week was going ok, Wednesday hits with a stupid meeting. Now, I knew the meeting was stupid to begin with. The agenda laid out the plan, but there was only information to be given. No time was actually dedicated to do anything. So, we met for 5 hours to meet again.

Been there done that, wrote the book, cussed a lot about it and then repeated my rants for the past 7 years. Only 1 more year to go

Need to fill out FAFSA even if no financial aide is taken as it is required for any University or State related scholarships. If not in the FAFSA system students are not eligible for the majority of scholarships. Never qualified for any financial aide but have to update FAFSA every year for each child to keep their scholarship funds coming in.

Well, that wasn't required on community college application, so we will cross that bridge when we get to it. But, that makes as much sense as our health care laws. When the government guarantees payment, price gouging soars.

Childhood problems - wrecked bike, dropped bookcase on toe, fell out of tree, almost drowned
Adult problems - sat too long, sneezed too hard, lifted box wrong

Yes it does, but it beats NOT getting older.

Sorry to hear about your youngest Norm. Hope she heals up quick. Lots of illness here in the mountains. We have had multiple schools closed every week for multiple days because of it. We may have a rematch against the county school on Thursday but they are officially closed the remainder of the week for illness.

And they just closed our school here for the rest of the week due to low attendance from the flu. That's right. We will make up pajama day, movie day, and field day in June so that more students attend so we can get more Federal money.

As Mike said, most colleges require it as part of the application. But I agree, debt is bad, and I'm trying really hard to avoid taking any loans. Hopefully she'll get some of the scholarships she's applying for.

If we have to fill it out, then I will fill it out just as poorly as I've done school registration every year. Under emergency contact, I wrote/ typed Bruce Wayne. No one ever said anything to me - EVER.

I will however take no loans out for either of them. DW and I have put enough money into their 529 plan to pay for 2 years of college. The rest is on them. I'm sure there situations we may help as warranted.

Last edited:
Me too! I actually was just daydreaming of an adults only trip with DW sometime in May. AP's expire in June....trying to find any excuse to go one more time - even with my April trip planned!

That Bacon....... 🤤🤤
You need to do the adults only trip. Warning though, you will have such fun that it may reduce your family trips :rotfl: Getting close to duplicating the bacon, basting with some BBQ sauce and brown sugar then baking in the oven. Gonna add just a bit of saracha to the bacon this weekend as that might just get me as close as I can get.
Hope you don't have any problems.
Thanks Darcy - Home is on elevated lot / up on a hill so when Nashville had the 100 year flood several years back our neighborhood was like nothing happened. The back roads where creeks and rivers are are becoming a bit of an infringement to those roads.

You need to do the adults only trip. Warning though, you will have such fun that it may reduce your family trips :rotfl: Getting close to duplicating the bacon, basting with some BBQ sauce and brown sugar then baking in the oven. Gonna add just a bit of saracha to the bacon this weekend as that might just get me as close as I can get.

Once you get this nailed down - I'll need the recipe!

Well we had a nice ice storm over night here in Northern Ohio. Schools are closed everywhere. 1/2 inch of ice and a dusting of snow on top....and now it's raining! DDs and DW are home from school today and Dad's at work.....I think this is karma's way of getting back at me for DDCC.

Afternoon chaps from a bright and frosty London. On a broadcast call with the Danish Gaffer, so half an hour of quiet listening. Not much for you today, I'm chasing round like a nutcase trying to minimise the impact of running a Global Shopfit programme out of China when the whole country is on lockdown. Fun times.

Have a great day y'all.

Morning all. Made it to Thursday. That's all I've accomplished this week.

wow... :sad2:

Really! Holy crap! Is everyone sick???

::yes::

Enough to fall below % of students attending to get maximum federal money.

Afternoon chaps from a bright and frosty London. On a broadcast call with the Danish Gaffer, so half an hour of quiet listening. Not much for you today, I'm chasing round like a nutcase trying to minimise the impact of running a Global Shopfit programme out of China when the whole country is on lockdown. Fun times.

Have a great day y'all.

If Mexico hadn't sent them all those Coronas, there wouldn't be an issue. China should build a wall. :lmao::sad2:

Have a great day y'all.

Wear a mask.

Afternoon Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Booked AKL for DDCC9 this morning and just snagged FP+ for M&MRR for March trip - just now became available. Flooding around here and still raining with many counties closing school. Tonight temps drop low enough so that we can some snow flurries. This weather is just killin me.
I had no idea you were a medical man. Dr Mckiilop it is from now on.
OBGYN or Proctologist?

I had no idea you were a medical man. Dr Mckiilop it is from now on.
Afternoon Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Booked AKL for DDCC9 this morning and just snagged FP+ for M&MRR for March trip - just now became available. Flooding around here and still raining with many counties closing school. Tonight temps drop low enough so that we can some snow flurries. This weather is just killin me.

OBGYN or Proctologist?

Well I did spend the first four months of my university career preparing to study dentistry.

Well we had a nice ice storm over night here in Northern Ohio. Schools are closed everywhere. 1/2 inch of ice and a dusting of snow on top....and now it's raining! DDs and DW are home from school today and Dad's at work.....I think this is karma's way of getting back at me for DDCC.
So you’re never going again?
I'm chasing round like a nutcase trying to minimise the impact of running a Global Shopfit programme out of China when the whole country is on lockdown. Fun times.
Glad it’s so fun!!!

No?
Enough to fall below % of students attending to get maximum federal money.
Ah!
just snagged FP+ for M&MRR
Sorry... just worked a midnight shift. What’s M&MRR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter