DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, folks.
Stupid phone scammer called at 7:30, waking me up (day off) and that was it for sleep. They like to call early in the morning to get you when you're groggy and your defenses are down. Need to mute that stupid thing. But then I always forget to un-mute it and miss calls later.

Drinking Coffee GIF by Sara Dietschy
Are you giving us the finger?
The instructions would have a letter for the item they wanted you to grab, but the items were marked with numbers.
Perfect!
Oh, and it told us to pull out the cord from one of the arms, which we did, but what it neglected to tell us is that that cord was supposed to stay in there because it was going to be connected to a cord that you pull out from the bottom of the unit, which the instructions don't tell you about, so you had to figure it out yourself. So now we have the cord on the outside of the arm when it's supposed to be on the inside for protection.
:sad2:
Clothes?! You think I'm going to store clothes on this expensive piece of equipment?! Pfft! Boxes, baby, this thing's going to have boxes on it. :rotfl2:
Good idea! Put it on an incline and see how far you can launch them.
Dan, I heard on the news this morning that wild beaver have been released back into the Devon area, any plans for a road trip? ;)
Gotta love wild beaver.
Had a great evening of shooting, bbq, & beer.
Don't own a firearm, don't care for beer. But I'll gladly have some Q.
I received my retirement insurance cards in the mail yesterday, so yeah, it's starting to feel more real. 11 work days to go.
Getting close!
15. But, we started the vacation eating 4 days before we left for WDW. Those are off now.
Wait... you already took off the 15 you put on?!?!?!?
Ruger 22 single action pistol. Really nicely made, heavy pistol for under $200. Between me and the girls, we shot a box of ammo, and it did really well. They learned how to load and unload it, and could hit their targets right away.
Nice looking gun. I've only shot a pistol once in my life and that's when I was about 4-5 years old. That one was a Luger. Didn't hit a thing.
I also let them try my 12 and 20 gauge. One shot from each was enough for them.
Yep. Shotguns, I've shot (but even that... not much. No idea on caliber.)
Well, I've got a now plan for Friday night. Sounds like fun. :lmao:
:laughing:
I don't carry when I go into stores. Maybe I should, but I don't have the training and don't know how I would react under pressure.
Morning fellas, from a sunny Devon.
:lmao:

Stupid phone scammer called at 7:30, waking me up (day off) and that was it for sleep. They like to call early in the morning to get you when you're groggy and your defenses are down. Need to mute that stupid thing. But then I always forget to un-mute it and miss calls later.
I would suggest you set a do not disturb schedule on your phone, but then again, your "schedule" is anything but.

Nice looking gun. I've only shot a pistol once in my life and that's when I was about 4-5 years old. That one was a Luger. Didn't hit a thing.
Are you sure it was a Luger? The reason I ask is Ruger makes a few models that look like Lugers. If it was a Luger...

COOL!
They were not know for their accuracy.
Was it a relative that had it? If so, hopefully you're in their will...a real Luger ain't cheap.

I would suggest you set a do not disturb schedule on your phone, but then again, your "schedule" is anything but.
Unfortunately this is the landline. Either ring tone on or off.
Are you sure it was a Luger? The reason I ask is Ruger makes a few models that look like Lugers. If it was a Luger...

COOL!
They were not know for their accuracy.
Was it a relative that had it? If so, hopefully you're in their will...a real Luger ain't cheap.
Definitely a Luger. And a friend of my mom from decades ago.

Does Canada have a do not call list like the U.S.?

Not that it matters all that much...even if you're on the do not call list, they violate it all the time. Wish it actually worked as advertised.

Wait... you already took off the 15 you put on?!?!?!?

YUP. When did I post that? Wed or Thursday? That was 5 days since we got back.

Have a great week, fellas. I'm off on our Plan B vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Catch you on the flip side, unless the zombie apocalypse happens first.

Have a good trip. If it is the Walking Dead zombies, then you should be ok since you have the high ground. If it's the WWZ zombies, look for a helicopter.

Morning boys from a 80 and humid London. I'm afraid our old friend Betty Swallocks is paying a visit today. Might to have to have a dip in the kids pool in a little while.
Me and the boy now have a great little Friday night tradition over the last 2 months after lockdown where we go and pick up dinner from whatever takeaway we are having, but we go and have appetizers somewhere else first. I have a beer, he has a soda, and we chat about the week. I gotta be honest, I absolutely love it.

I'm off on our Plan B vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Catch you on the flip side, unless the zombie apocalypse happens first.
Enjoy buddy, have a great time storming the mountains. If you're lucky.
We've never had a landline.......
The reason I ask is Ruger makes a few models that look like Lugers. If it was a Luger...
This sounds like a Scooby Doo sketch
Scooby - Can I have a Ruger?
Shop assistant - A Ruger? Sure
Scooby - No no. A Ruger
Scene repeats,,,,,

I went to a gun range in Vegas on my stag do, I shot about 5 guns, they told me what they were but I had no idea what they were talking about. The last one was a really big pistol and my hand flew back behind my head on the recoil. That was a bit weird. And I would imagine a bit dangerous.
Doubt anyone from the US ever heard of him, though.
Ummmmm........
It would have been disrespectful to the set up not to go for the punch line.
The weird thing was they introduced them to the River Otter. In Otterton. Which I thought was from Zootopia. Haven't we had enough grief this year without starting some kind of River creature wars?

Been a great trip with all the Dads and low crowds and what Disney has done in terms of safety has been impressive
Glad you had a good time buddy, enjoyed the updates in the other place. Apart from that nonsense you keep drinking in the Rose and Crown ;)

Have a great Saturday chaps, may your dole whip be extra spiky.

Last edited:
Morning boys from a 80 and humid London. I'm afraid our old friend Betty Swallocks is paying a visit today. Might to have to have a dip in the kids pool in a little while.
Me and the boy now have a great little Friday night tradition over the last 2 months after lockdown where we go and pick up dinner from whatever takeaway we are having, but we go and have appetizers somewhere else first. I have a beer, he has a soda, and we chat about the week. I gotta be honest, I absolutely love it.

That is an awesome way to spend some time with the boy.

It would have been disrespectful to the set up not to go for the punch line.
The weird thing was they introduced them to the River Otter. In Otterton. Which I thought was from Zootopia. Haven't we had enough grief this year without starting some kind of River creature wars?

I was hoping that you would hit that lob ball.

Morning gents.

Ran both my fastest 5K this morning and my farthest run, 7K (the fastest 5 was the first 5 of that run). I'm a bit wiped right now, though. Ain't gonna lie.

What a great idea!
We've never had a landline.......
I'm old. I've never not had one. But... I do wonder why we do still have one. I need to call my alarm company and see if they're using it as a monitoring line.
This sounds like a Scooby Doo sketch
Scooby - Can I have a Ruger?
Shop assistant - A Ruger? Sure
Scooby - No no. A Ruger
Scene repeats,,,,,
Shop assistant shoots Scooby.
Peace returns to the land.
The last one was a really big pistol and my hand flew back behind my head on the recoil. That was a bit weird. And I would imagine a bit dangerous.
:scared:
Ummmmm........
That mean you've heard of him or not heard of him?

Door no. 2.
Thought so.

You can google Terry Fox, but the foundation named in his honour has runs to raise awareness and funds to help fight cancer.
Here's a list of countries that hold annual Terry Fox runs:

North America

Canada - First run: September 13, 1981 at 760 run sites across Canada
Cuba - First run: 1998. 2005 at over 3,600 run sites across the country, totalling 1.9 million Cubans. 2006 reached highest level of approximately 2.6 million participants. 17 March 2007 10th Anniversary run at 4652 sites, totalling 2.267 million participants.
United States - First Run was held in Bangor Maine in 1990.

South America
Venezuela - started in 1998 at the Colegio Internactional de Caracas

Europe
A runner's tag for a Terry Fox Run in Milan, Italy in 2007
Belgium
Bulgaria - started in 2013 at the Anglo-American School of Sofia
Croatia (first run in 2000)
Czech Republic
Hungary - held from 1999 to 2005
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Poland - First run: 2006
Portugal - First run: 1994
Romania
Turkey
United Kingdom

Middle East
Iraq
Kuwait
Lebanon
Oman - First Run: 2008
Saudi Arabia
Syria - First Run: 1991, Most Recent Run: 2010 (Stopped because of Syrian Civil War which started in early 2011)
United Arab Emirates
Qatar

Asia Pacific
A happy moment at the TFR 2014 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2014)
Australia - First run: September 1988 in Brisbane (legacy from Expo '88) raising $22 000 (AUD)
Bangladesh
China - First run: 1998
India
Hong Kong - First run: 2013
Japan
Korea
Malaysia - First run: early 1990s in Kuala Lumpur
Pakistan
Philippines - First run: 2001 in Cebu City
Singapore
Taiwan - First run: 2001 in Taipei City
Thailand - First run: 1995 in Bangkok
Vietnam - First run: 1996 in Ho Chi Minh City and run annually until 2014. In 2014, the Terry Fox Run in Ho Chi Minh City had an estimated 16,500 participants and the organization committee includes the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam.

Africa
Kenya
South Africa
Zimbabwe

Happy Saturday. Home from tennis and made pork loin for lunch. It's another beautiful day here.

You took off 15lbs... in 5 days...
:faint:

I'm double your size, so that's more like 7 or 8 in your world. But, I'm sure it was a combination of switching between carbs & keto and the high sodium in all the junk food.

I went to a gun range in Vegas on my stag do, I shot about 5 guns, they told me what they were but I had no idea what they were talking about. The last one was a really big pistol and my hand flew back behind my head on the recoil. That was a bit weird. And I would imagine a bit dangerous.

Sounds like a fun new tradition with the boy. I like trying new guns, but that type of kick doesn't sound fun.

Ran both my fastest 5K this morning and my farthest run, 7K (the fastest 5 was the first 5 of that run). I'm a bit wiped right now, though. Ain't gonna lie.

I imagine. Congrats on the new personal best.

Thought so.

You can google Terry Fox, but the foundation named in his honour has runs to raise awareness and funds to help fight cancer.
Here's a list of countries that hold annual Terry Fox runs:

Passed him along the highway outside of Saint John on my way to a high school track meet back in 1980.

https://terryfox.org/terrys-story/facts/

Hey, Gents! it's a beautiful Saturday here on Cape Cod. Temps were comfortable, and the humidity had broken, so it was nice today. So nice in fact, that it was a great day to mow the lawn....its a shame it didn't get done. The DD had a sleep over at Nana's last night, and stayed for most of the day, and the wife had a wedding gig this afternoon, observing all the proper social distancing, of course, and that meant I had the place to myself. So what did I wind up doing instead of mowing the lawn? I got sucked into watching the Bourne movies on the SyFy Channel! Well, that is until the family showed up and the DD wanted to watch The Magic School Bus. I told her, "Absolutely not! I'm watching the Bourne Ultimatum which just started, so that's what we're watching." So now I'm in my office online while my DD and DW watch The Magic School Bus. I got two of the two of the movies in at least. It was fun while it lasted. I guess I should get up and get something done...but you know, it is after 6pm, and dinner's about to be served, and then, well, you can't just jumped back into something right after eating...you gotta let it rest after all, and then it'll be bed time. So I guess whatever it was I was supposed to do today can wait until tomorrow. I mean, it's not like the wife's been bugging me about it...er whatever it is...for the past couple of months. So there you go. Welcome to my life. Just remember to keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times and don't feed the animals. 😆

Morning all. Had a great evening of shooting, bbq, & beer. I received my retirement insurance cards in the mail yesterday, so yeah, it's starting to feel more real. 11 work days to go.

That's gotta be a weird feeling for you...something I'll never feel.

Glad to hear you assembled the laundry rack. KY did away with its CCW permit requirement last year, and we've always been open carry. It's still a good idea to have a class on gun laws and gun safety. Having a gun in your house or car is fine, but I don't carry when I go into stores. Maybe I should, but I don't have the training and don't know how I would react under pressure.

Thankfully the DW used it last night, so no clothes on it yet. I've been wanting to get my permit to carry for some time now, and here in MA you need to have a permit to carry a weapon. Not sure if I'd carry it around with me everywhere, as that would feel weird, but it'd be nice to have.

Morning, folks.

That sucks, dude, sorry to hear. Nothing like ruining a good sleep than to have a phone scammers call early in the AM.

Are you giving us the finger?

I think he just might be giving us the finger.

Right?!

Someone should have QC'd those instructions before sending them out. I think I'm just going to use zip ties to keep the wires to the side of the arm so they don't get tangled on anything.

Good idea! Put it on an incline and see how far you can launch them.

:rotfl2:

Gotta love wild beaver.

This reminded me of a story about a naked German who had to chase after a wild pig who stole a bag that had his computer in it. And don't ask how I got to a naked guy chasing a pig from "Gotta love wild beaver" because I honestly don't know. My mind is a mysterious place. I'd attach a link, but I don't want to get points for posting a story that shows a naked man running.

Have a great week, fellas. I'm off on our Plan B vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Catch you on the flip side, unless the zombie apocalypse happens first.

Have a great time!

Happy Saturday. Home from tennis and made pork loin for lunch. It's another beautiful day here.

My DD's recently picked up tennis. Not sure if she'll stick to it, but she likes it so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter