DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon guys from another humid and hot day in the Ol' mother country.

Didn't wake up this morning expecting to see Darcy's "finish face", but I'll take whatever the day throws at me.

Managed to get my SW run upgraded (missed out on the 10km /run challenge last week). One less thing to worry about :)
Do you just have to submit a Strava time or something like that?

No - i tried to register for it last week on DVC pre sale., but sold out . So I did managed to snag the HM / Virtual kessel run. so this morning was paying for the change of race to include the 10k / challenge.

Proof of time is for the corral and i used my 10km time from 2019 WDW race

Morning all. On my walk yesterday, I found a downed tree limb maybe 5 minutes from the house. I continued on the walk, returned to drag home the 20+ foot long limb, and then sawed it up to burn in the firepit. I am the envy of all my neighbors. :lmao:

That's awesome! You have some beautiful country around you, I'd love to go walking with my camera in your part of the country.

So, you're new boss is the Captain of the USS Alabama? :lmao:

As for KY, it takes about 8 hours to drive the state east to west, the same amount of time it takes to get to the nearest ocean. As such, we have a diverse landscape from mountains to lakes to farmland, and some beautiful state parks. If you ever vacation here (not sure why you would), then I'm happy to make some recommendations.

Funny...that's what I'd do before running

Knowing there ain't going to be any running.
:lmao:

I'm with you. With my knees, I can cover a short forward sprint to the tennis ball, but have little lateral movement and not sure how long I could do an actual run. I was able to run a mile on the treadmill in under 15 minutes, which met my goal.

All this runner lingo.

SW?
Southwest?
Sadly Worn?
Slowly won?

STRAVA?

HM - Haunted mansion?

Virtual kessel run sounds fun as long as it's not an actual run, but a space flight with Han Solo or Chewie.
SW- Star Wars (the run weekend). If you are into Star Wars, the medals are pretty cool.
Kessel run - I think is 2 half marathons, one virtual and the SW Rival weekend run. No Chewie.
Strava - Is a running app that tracks your runs by GPS, many "virtual" runs accept Strava or Map my run as proof that you actually did the challenge
HM - Half marathon.

If you combine Disney with running chat, you get into a WHOLE load of acronym.

Good Afternoon guys - Back from yet another incredible trip to DaWorld. Nothing about reality has changed. Monday's still suck and Tuesdays aren't much better. That's all my wisdom for today.

Carry On.
supernatural gif - Google Search | Supernatural gifs, Supernatural ...

Hay Y'all...
Well, our HOA is spending my money again.
Was ordered to have the siding washed. Now I was planning to have that done anyway, but ya' still don't much want the local Stasi barging in the house spitin' on the rug and pissin' in the stew pot.
Just ain't neighborly.

Silver lining: I do get to work from the house this afternoon and that beats sitting in the overlord's fishbowl by several clicks. Heck, I even have time to bother y'all, so we may just chalk it up as a win.

In New Brunswick, the governing body made a few changes to work within the public health guidelines in order to get back on the pitch. Everything is about mitigating the risk of spreading the virus. For example, contact is minimized as much as possible so shoulder tackles are frowned upon. You can't set up a wall on a free kick because you have to maintain spacing as much as possible. You can't head the ball, if you do it results in an indirect free kick. You can never touch the ball with your hands, so throw ins are gone and switched to kicked in. Any "throw in" or corner kick must stay below knee level. If the ball touches a head, hand or arms it is taken out of play and disinfected while a new ball is put into play. Spacing on the bench has to be maintained.
Someone or someones put a good bit of thought into those rule adjustments. Nicely done there.

Had a wonderful start to my third week yesterday. My office in Mashpee, the next town over...
That gives us a clearer picture of where-a-bouts on the Cape you call home.
Glad the new post is suiting you.
May that continue to be the case.

After a two week vacation, I got to meet the managing partner, and his little dog, who goes everywhere with him.
Interesting detail. Given that, I s'pect you should be able to find many instances moving forward to end a part of a conversation with:

"...and your little dog too!"

On my walk yesterday, I found a downed tree limb maybe 5 minutes from the house. I continued on the walk, returned to drag home the 20+ foot long limb, and then sawed it up to burn in the firepit. I am the envy of all my neighbors. :lmao:
One parson's trash...
Sounds like a good application of "Common" to me.

Well, our HOA is spending my money again.
Was ordered to have the siding washed. Now I was planning to have that done anyway, but ya' still don't much want the local Stasi barging in the house spitin' on the rug and pissin' in the stew pot.
Just ain't neighborly.
Did Cynthia cut down your mailbox with a chainsaw yet?

Maybe that limb @AirGoofy found was really someone's mailbox post she got ahold of.

I know I mentioned this before, but soooooo glad I don't have deal with that.

Good morning !! Managed to get my SW run upgraded (missed out on the 10km /run challenge last week). One less thing to worry about :)
This is an actual run, not a virtual run, yes?
Didn't wake up this morning expecting to see Darcy's "finish face", but I'll take whatever the day throws at me.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Half way was 2.5 k, the end was after my 5 k and on my walking cool down so I was still moving.
Morning all. On my walk yesterday, I found a downed tree limb maybe 5 minutes from the house. I continued on the walk, returned to drag home the 20+ foot long limb, and then sawed it up to burn in the firepit. I am the envy of all my neighbors. :lmao:
:laughing: But... not bad!
Strava - Is a running app that tracks your runs by GPS, many "virtual" runs accept Strava or Map my run as proof that you actually did the challenge
Ah! I'm using Nike Run Club.
HM - Half marathon.
HM - Haunted Mansion.
I'm willing to fight you on this one.
Was ordered to have the siding washed.
Aren't US citizens legally allowed to shoot people who come on their property?

Not exactly.

The law has always been if someone enters your house, you have the right to use deadly force.

That brought up the joke about if you shot them in the yard, you drag them to your entryway.

With all the insanity going on now, all bets are off. I can't expect any semblance of common sense or being able to protect yourself/family/house any more.

Not exactly.

The law has always been if someone enters your house, you have the right to use deadly force.

That brought up the joke about if you shot them in the yard, you drag them to your entryway.

With all the insanity going on now, all bets are off. I can't expect any semblance of common sense or being able to protect yourself/family/house any more.
My mate who is a copper always told me if you find someone in your house, kick the swizzle out of them and then leave them at the front of the house with a window open somewhere above them. Tell the police they dove out of it, and it gives the coppers an out. We don't do guns over here, since about 1905.
HM - Haunted Mansion.
I'm willing to fight you on this one.
In everyday parlance, totes. In this particular scenario, nah bro.

Did Cynthia cut down your mailbox with a chainsaw yet?
:laughing:
The builder installed them all as each house completed back in 05 & 06, so they're identical little tin soldiers.

And I'd have to get permission to change it. :sad2:

I know I mentioned this before, but soooooo glad I don't have deal with that.
Unfortunately...
it came attached to the house that the Missus wanted.
Soooo...

And truth be told, the last neighborhood I was in were we didn't have one (which I liked to be sure) also came equipped with several residents who were capable of considering the impacts their actions and uses put to their "properties"on none but themselves (many right near where we were unfortunately). There were a number of instances where a few could have done with a bit of persuasion in that regard.

Ya' can't shoot an email.
Nor a court summons (if it comes to that).

I can see where folks would draw that opinion of us in general though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter