Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

Please forgive my abundant ignorance, but what, and where, are the Visa Winter Codes?
Your dates are almost the same as mine, and my best find was an Alamo @ about $260-ish.
TIA!
Well...I guess I couldda just done a search BEFORE posting...

Just upgraded from a "Fusion" class to a "LaCross" class...much mo gooder!..
Oh yeah...$25 cheaper!

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out which coupons I used to book my car rentals?:confused3 It was so long ago I forgot with all the code checking!:headache:

Got a Cherokee for 5 days for $89! But my question is: that price would only come up if I used the 12:00 default times. I plan on arriving at 10am and leaving at 8pm. Will I get charged extra? I used the Visa code and coupon and my alamo insiders fyi. TIA!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out which coupons I used to book my car rentals?:confused3 It was so long ago I forgot with all the code checking!:headache:

should be listed on the itinery? The double upgrades and $35 off are easy to find again if not.

I was SHOCKED to see how much they had dropped. I was resigned to going from an Explorer here at home to a ----compact! Ack! Woot for full sized!

THANKS BARBI!...Just shaved off another $30-something...using Alamo Insiders code and Visa code!
A "premium" for almost $100 less than we paid for a "full-size" last December!

I have two reservations with Autoslash.com. Both came down today.
A compact with Dollar for $117.54 and a Standard with Thrifty for $118.64.
Flying into Sanford Dec 17 - 21. I can't find anything else for less than these. I think for $1 I'll take the Thrifty Standard.

I canceled the Dollar ressie and now the Thrifty has gone down to $107.09. pulling for at least one more reduction, would love to be below $100. Rentals are higher at Sanford but the filights are so much less I will stay with Sanford.

My alamo rates for Dec 9-17 out of MCO haven't budged since months ago. Where are all you looking? Am I just looking at the wrong time of day? Costco ID and $35 off coupon (or was it the double upgrade?) are still cheapest for me around $140 for a standard/full size.

Hey JP...what are your times?...Sometimes that makes a big difference.

RV

I'm doing 4 & 6. Our plane gets in just after 4pm and we're not checking anything. And I think our flight leaves around 8 pm. I know if I go over 2 hours difference, it charges the daily rate. It seems to charge $5 an hour, up to 2 hours.

I'm doing 4 & 6. Our plane gets in just after 4pm and we're not checking anything. And I think our flight leaves around 8 pm. I know if I go over 2 hours difference, it charges the daily rate. It seems to charge $5 an hour, up to 2 hours.
Crazy game. this car rental stuff!
I've checked almost every day for 7 months for this trip...for ours the range (for lowest total price) has been from $700 to $184!
Even the mini-vans are now down to 2010 rates, at least they were a few hours ago. ;)

Could someone please help me try and find the best rate for just a one day rental? I am so confused on all of this!:confused3

We are a party of 6 and only need transportation on Dec. 12 to go to Kennedy Space Center (we already have tickets) and Cocoa Beach. I am assuming we will probably need a mini van to all fit comfortably. None of us are big on driving so I think we will use either Alamo or National at the Disney Car Care Center so they will pick us up and drop us off. What are their hours, because every time I put in a return time it says they are closed? Or, should I pick it up the day before (11th) and drop off the day after (13th) to make sure we have plenty of time?

I have an Alamo Insiders membership, a Visa card, my husband's company Perkspot discount, AirTran, United & Delta membership.... but not understanding the difference between ID/Corp ID, membership ID, Rate/Product Code and Coupon Code. What goes where???

I am grateful for any advice. Thanks so much!!!

I REALLY wish there was a travel company that provided transportation to both things. Renting a car and driving in the traffic really scares me.:scared1:

We are flying Direct Air to Lakeland Florida and unfortunately the flight gets in at 8:00 pm so most rental agencies are closed so our only choice is Hertz or U-Save. Of course rates are high since there is such limited competition.

I'm looking at 450-500 for a week in a tiny car. ugh. Any help would be much appreciated.

Could someone please help me try and find the best rate for just a one day rental? I am so confused on all of this!:confused3

I have an Alamo Insiders membership, a Visa card, my husband's company Perkspot discount, AirTran, United & Delta membership.... but not understanding the difference between ID/Corp ID, membership ID, Rate/Product Code and Coupon Code. What goes where???

I am grateful for any advice. Thanks so much!!!

STP - if you haven't done it already, check out the car rental info page at MouseSavers. http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

It has been a big help for me so far.

I canceled the Dollar ressie and now the Thrifty has gone down to $107.09. pulling for at least one more reduction, would love to be below $100. Rentals are higher at Sanford but the filights are so much less I will stay with Sanford.

On carrentalsavers I found a compact for $94.67 inc taxes with Enterprise using 15% discount. This is based on 24hr clock.

http://www.carrentalsavers.com/enterprise.html

Got a Cherokee for 5 days for $89! But my question is: that price would only come up if I used the 12:00 default times. I plan on arriving at 10am and leaving at 8pm. Will I get charged extra? I used the Visa code and coupon and my alamo insiders fyi. TIA!

Yes, your price will change. Your rental price is based on dates and times.

I just made a ressie with Dollar (Dec. 17 - 21)on their Lock Low and Go for $97.57. I like the bottom line but I would rather know which type of car I am getting. Still holding on to the Thrifty ressie and will make a decision on what to keep next week.

National seems to have dipped a bit again using Entertainment and $30 off coupon. Its not quite as good as when I booked, but if someone is looking for a last minute rate, its not too bad.

For any Canadians looking for a rental for the very end of December (our pick up date is December 31st, dropping off January 7th) we snagged a very good deal on Expedia.ca in comparison to our previous reservations. We got a midsize through Dollar for $162.18 all taxes, fees and surcharges included (and in Canadian dollars as well, so no exchange and conversion fees to worry about). We had been holding reservations with National for an economy at $282 using the AMEX code, and with Enterprise (through carrentalsavers.com) for $259 taxes in for an economy. So the Expedia rate saved us well over $100 AND we got a larger car. :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd toss that out there for any other travelling Canuks! (I did check the Expedia.com site to see if the rates were similar to the Canadian site, however the rates there are nowhere near as favourable :confused3 ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter