Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

I started at $180 for a full size from 12/14 to 12/23, then yesterday, rebooked at $140, and today, for kicks, tried again using the Visa Winter code, rebooked AGAIN at $117!!!!

Yay!!!:cool1:

I get $100.34 when using costco ID 7015309 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off and free additional driver.

I just got 12/16-12/26 for a full size at $174 with Alamo. I started out at $258 for a mid, got it down to $225 for a full, and now this. Still have a few days left to watch. Safe travels everyone!

Costco ID 7015309 and AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $160.21.

12/11: Just reworked for another rate drop:

12/14 - 12/21 National ID w/ $35.00 discount coupon ND8578ADT now down to $104.19. Midsize

National has dropped the base rate on several car classes.

I'm good with $104.00 from our original high of over $300.00. It's good I don't mind playing the rate game!

:car:
Peace.
Colleen

Did another quick search and came up with this:
Avis: 12/18-24 MCO to RSW $180!! And no shuttle bus.

Through Southwest promotion.
$100 less than my original best quote through here!

Just saved $100 off my Alamo rate thanks to WEBWORM's codes:

Costco ID 7015309 and AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $160.21.

But does anyone know if the $35 off coupon is a paper coupon? I have been reading that if so, I may not be able to use the kiosk and I really dont want to wait in long lines!!!

Got lucky for a weekend rate last week when I was down there but then again I did the hote deals from Alamo, their last minute rates. Other than that everything is so high! Even with the use of Costco or Bj's codes... :headache:

Just called Alamo, and they told me if I use the Costco code, I can not use the kiosk...because I have to show my Costco card. We have a Cosco card, but Ive heard the lines can be huge...not sure Im going to keep my Alamo reservation : (

I just found this website. All of your deals are amazing, and I am trying really hard to at least get closer to the numbers you have all gotten with coupons. I would really appreciate some advice.

I currently have an Autoslash rate of ~374.00 for a mid-size sedan from 12/21 - 1/4 and an Autoslash rate of ~611 for a SUV (unfortunately, it does not indicate that it is full-size, so I am guessing that it is not).

Using all of the coupon scenarios at different sites, I have not been able to come close to these rates. Is this because the trip is for two weeks? Is it better to split up the reservations into two one week trips? Or, is it because my trip includes two holidays?

Thank you,
Stephanie

I just found this website. All of your deals are amazing, and I am trying really hard to at least get closer to the numbers you have all gotten with coupons. I would really appreciate some advice.

I currently have an Autoslash rate of ~374.00 for a mid-size sedan from 12/21 - 1/4 and an Autoslash rate of ~611 for a SUV (unfortunately, it does not indicate that it is full-size, so I am guessing that it is not).

Using all of the coupon scenarios at different sites, I have not been able to come close to these rates. Is this because the trip is for two weeks? Is it better to split up the reservations into two one week trips? Or, is it because my trip includes two holidays?

Thank you,
Stephanie
Welcome to the DIS! Is that $374 per week or for both weeks? Does it include taxes and fees? If it's for two weeks with fees, that's a great rate for Christmas/New Years. The people who are getting the really low rates are going earlier in December at a less popular time. You (and I) are going to be in Orlando at the busiest time of the year.

Thanks, Robin! I went back and double checked the reservation. It is actually $351 including all fees for the full 14 days, so I think this is the best I am going to get.

my alamo rate is way down. Using the visa id code for December 30 - january 5th we are at $233.98 (taxes included). That's the best so far. Crossing my fingers it comes down just a little more. But if not I'll take it.:banana:

Just a little head's up. The very late December/New Years rates are coming down. Enterprise and Alamo have Compacts for $70-$75 per week pre-tax with pick-ups on 12/30. If you're coming in on NYE you can get a Compact for $93 WITH taxes!

my alamo rate is way down. Using the visa id code for December 30 - january 5th we are at $233.98 (taxes included). That's the best so far. Crossing my fingers it comes down just a little more. But if not I'll take it.:banana:
How big of a car do you need with only 3 of you? There are 3 of us and we're comfortable in a Compact. Enterprise has a Compact for $112 (with taxes) for your dates and Alamo is $118 (with taxes).

How big of a car do you need with only 3 of you? There are 3 of us and we're comfortable in a Compact. Enterprise has a Compact for $112 (with taxes) for your dates and Alamo is $118 (with taxes).

There actually will be 5of us in the car on multiple times on our trip. So full size is probably the smallest especially when we have our luggage.

Thrifty has a Full Size for $211 for your dates. Check out Car Rental Savers for rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter