• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

GeneralMax, we heard about your nasty ice storm. I hope you didn't have any property damage.

We ended up getting 1". Not bad could have been worse. We have bitter cold temps so the 1" of snow is expected to stay through Christmas Day. The good news is warmer temps are on the way. Christmas is suppose to have a high of 31° and Sunday's hight is suppose to be 40° so when we leave it should be in the high 20's. At least it won't be below zero when we leave. I don't want to wear heavy winter coats to the airport then have to lug them around the entire trip. We are packing jackets.

I started to pack this morning. Stephanie is completely packed although she doesn't know it! Yeah. Next are I need to pack our things but I don't know if I can finish before 3:00 pm when she gets out of school. If not, I will have to work on it each night after she goes to bed.

Right now I am on my lunch break. I need to get to packing. Kathy

The snow is headed our way late tonight/tomorrow - we're only supposed to have 1" and it's going to be cold enough to keep it here through Christmas too! Our 3rd year here and 2 of them have been "white" - awesome!

I cannot fathom that I'm leaving the house on Sunday for this trip. It seems so surreal because of Christmas. And I haven't packed a thing!

Well, I ran out of time. I had to pick up my daughter from school. I still need to pack the dress clothes and the odds and ends. It shouldn't be bad. What keeps going through my mind is that if I forgot anything and I would need to rush out to go buy it--I only have the rest of today, Wed., Thurs. and part of Friday then I am out of luck.

One thing is for sure, I know the cruise is almost here when I am packing suitcases.

Kathy

Recently discovered this board. Looking forward to our trip next week. Our family from Ct, in addition to my wife and myself, includes a son 21, and two daughters 19 and 16. Here's hoping for great weather and a wonderful way to ring in 2005 !

Welcome skipper709! We have an informal meet scheduled for during the sailaway party (I think, lol) on the starboard side so we can wave down to the CM's with their large Mickey hands! Come and meet us!

We appreciate the invitation to the meet and look forward to getting to know some of the folks on this board then. We have adjoining cat 4 cabins which sound like they will be very enjoyable. This is our third cruise, the first a 3 day in a cat 3 and the 2nd a 7 day Eastern cruise in a cat 2. This is th first time we have used DVC points and it has all worked out very well. We are coming down on the 26th and spending two nights at the Swan before heading East to Port Canaveral. The whole family is very excited at this point.

I was just at the grocery store (at 8 o'clock at night?) and saw they had some NY party stuff out - I didn't think to bring any - I'm sure the ship will have some for us, but it would be fun to have the "confetti-popper" things too - I need to get packing so I can see if I have the room.

We had a party here last year and I still have some paper hats/tiaras, but they'd be destroyed on the trip. Unless we wore them on the plane? hmmmmm (dh would kill me)

Welcome skipper709,
Yes, a DIS gathering during the sail away party up on deck 10 starboard (right) side. Wear your DIS lime green so we can spot each other.

I already added your family to our DIS list.
Kathy

Oh No.. No one in my family has any lime green. I don't think I can face another department store so we are just going to have to look for you all. I am reading the trip reports from the 10 day cruise and getting EXCITED!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm with you on the lime green! We'll just look for you on Deck 10!

Remind me, who is heading out when? I will be online through Saturday night (assuming I'm not in a packing frenzy) - who else will still be around?

We went to a cocktail party tonight and ran into a guy we know via work and they are leaving tomorrow for the Land/Sea on the Wonder - too funny that we'll be in Florida some of the same days! And we met another couple who had been on the Magic when it was still doing the 4 day trips (or was it the Wonder still then?). It is a small world afterall (hee hee)

No lime green to be found in our household either, not much of it in the stores come to think of it. I am sure we will find each other though. I suspect our smiles will be some of the biggest there.

We leave on Mon afternoon, it will be nice to get away from our really cold temps. Big snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well for flying.

I just learned that one of my cycle class participants is a former Magic chef. He was with DCL some time ago, before the Wonder began sailing and when there were no 7 day cruises. I got some insight into how hard life can be as a kitchen staff member.

About six of my girlfriends want a report when I get back as they have all been considering cruising with their families. I will have to take notes and lots of photos.

See you all soon.

Just look for the lime green. Some people buy lime green ribbon and just make a tie somewhere, doesn't even have to be fabric could be wrapping ribbon or how about yarn. I will also have on my DCL red visor-something you can only buy on the ship and since the stores won't be open yet there won't be many people wearing one unless they are previous cruisers. Countdown clock, only two full days left then Christmas morning. The homework is wrapped up, Dave couldn't believe I really did that. I just will make sure she opens that towards the end. Kathy

I haven't even started packing yet! Boy, I hope I don't forget something important. We are not leaving until Monday so I will probably be on the boards through at least Sunday. Merry Christams to all.

We leave for Florida on Saturday but I hope to have internet access until Tuesday morning. Tomorrow is all packing all day at our house!

I just cleaned out my in-box completely at work (not an easy feat since I had 200+ messages this morning), set up my out-of-office message and am headed home to PACK!

I'll update you on my progress (or lack thereof LOL) later!

Update circa 3:30 p.m.

Gifts are wrapped. HOOORAY

Kids are packed. WOO HOO

Dh is picking up dry cleaning and we'll pack our stuff tonight.

Tomorrow's plan: Print clues and get teasure hunt ready. R.E.L.A.X.

I feel a huge sense of relief. I anticipated total chaos on Christmas Day in packing and there will still be the last minute stuff to do (toiletries, Mon and Tues clothes planned out and accessible so we don't have to go through every suitcase) but A LOT has been accomplished.

It's smooth sailing from here on out :boat:

Of course, I have 12 gazillion things to print (e-tickets, insurance copy, reservations for cars, the WDW plan, PS confirmations, etc.).

All Christmas preparations are complete. No more packing has been done. I will have to wait until Christmas Day. I do have a list of "to do's". Dave is done with work until Jan 3. Tonight is our neightborhood Christmas party. Will check in tomorrow. Kathy

The clock is ticking down. Tonight Christmas Eve services then to bed. Tomorrow is the big day - I don't about the rest of you who are surprising your children but we are just ready to burst. We are also saving the cruise present for last. I will have a hard time sleeping tonight. Merry Christmas everybody :grouphug: Kathy

We are just checking Santa on the radar and then off to Mass (5:30 Children's Mass), home for dinner and bed and FINALLY I can put out the clues. I think I'm more excited than the kiddos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter