Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

tecdavidt - any word today? You're using a TA right? What do they say? Can you call DCL direct? I would be highly irked as well! My friend in Tampa doesn't have hers yet either - she is contacting DU to find out if they shipped.

I had to have mine reshipped last year as they had our old address and we got them within 2 days so hopefully you'll still get yours in time!

I'm having dreams about this weekend's party (lack of preparation) so I know the cruise dreams are next. I NEED A VACATION!!!! LOL

2 weeks from right now we'll be checking out our rooms, walking the ship and RELAXING (right?)

THERE HERE!!! I just received a call from my husband. Margaret called and she has them in her hands. I am to take our daughter, Stephanie, to her flute lesson (Margaret is her teacher) and to go into the kitchen and slip the package into my purse! Yippee. While she is having her lesson I can look them over and tonight I will get them filled out and wrapped. Now it is beginning to feel like Christmas. No snow but that is OK by me. Now I need to go make room in my purse for docs.

Happy Cruising to all and to all a good night :jumping1: Kathy

So far so good in how the docs look. Now in an hour or so I can start to fill them out! :) Kathy

Ack! Fill them out? Let me add that to my list of to-do's! I managed to bake two batches of chocolate chip cookies tonight!

I get to pick my docs up this morning after dropping Nicole off at school. Let me say, that this will be the first time in a while that she will be to school EARLY!

HAve a great day, everyone.

Congrats jestyx3! Yes all, fill those docs out. It isn't any fun doing it at the terminal. Yesterday our daughter had her 7th grade band program. She didn't tell me until 2 hours prior to the concert that she needed to wear her dress up clothes!!! Good thing we take cruises and she has slowed down growing. Her formal dress up dress still fits, yeah, and so did the shoes!!! So she will have nice looking dressy sandles on for the formal nights. I just need to pick up another pair of opaque hose for her to wear. One less thing to worry about. Kathy

I think we all have them now right? My girlfriend's were returned for insufficient address (same as last year) and the UPS group said the phone number didn't work (her work number) - seems UPS might have an issue? They are resending them now so at least she knows where they are!

I'm actually excited for the 12/18 group to go on Saturday because that means WE'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how you keep an uddate on the thread's name. Yes, it is packing time all! I would have to agree, UPS has a problem. This shopping season I have had packages sent to our company because I didn't want any misdelivered on our street, that happens a lot on our cul-da-sac. The delivery people transpose the numbers and deliver to the incorrect address. Well, twice, packages have taken longer because the delivery person knows that this should be going to a home so therefore it is a bad address for a Kathleen Thompson. The last time they even called our home at 6:30 am last week to ask if they should bring it to our house address--that had to look that up in the phone book. No, I want it taken to the office so my faith in the delivery services around Christmas just is not there. Time to pack!

Don't forget our DIS meeting during sail away party, starboard (right side) above the goofy pool on deck 10. Then we can find out if there will be another in Mr. Legalbriefs room later on in the cruise. It would be fun to see the cat 1 and to have a little DIS party.

Kathy

Well, I knew it was bound to happen and tonight it did "MOM, I LOST A TOOTH" and out came the 2nd upper middle. So now, all DS really wants for Christmas is "his two front teeth". Eeeegads, the formal pics! LOL

Actually, my boss has a photo of his son (now grown) at home that is one of his favorites because it's the 1st grade "classic" wide gap grin. So, I'm sure I'll come to cherish it too. It will be easier to spot us now too! You'll hear me yell Mason (not a common name by any stretch) and if it's a missing tooth child, you'll know you've found us!

BTW, my DD isn't named "pips" but that was her nickname while I was pregnant and has been my user name on many boards since then!

Hello all!

I've been lurking for about a week and I am sad that I haven't found this board before now! We'll be cruising the 28th: myself, dh, dd (8 yo, sorry 8 and 11/12), and ds (5 months old). We are also surprising our daughter; we can't decide whether to surprise her on Christmas morning or in Florida. We'll be going down Christmas day to see her grandmothers who live south of Port Canaveral. I am getting so excited! Its really hard to keep this secret though, I was daydreaming about warm sunshine while making gingerbread men tonight!

We've only been on one dcl 3 day cruise before and are really wondering about the formal and semi-formal nights. About what percentage of men wear tuxes? My husband wants to simply wear a blue blazer and tie with his dockers that night. Would that be appropriate? Also, any suggestions about reservations (childcare, Palo) would be great.

I'm sorry if I'm inquiring in the wrong area, as I said I've been lurking for a week and this is such a great forum and there is so much to read, I may have just not made it to the right page yet!

Hope to meet some of you in a week and a half -- woo!

Leslie

Welcome Leslie (HawkinsCrew) I will get you added to our list. Thank you for sending me your info.

My husband will wear a Tux onf the formal night. He will also bring a suit to wear on the semi-formal night but he has worn a tux on both nights. It really is up to you and your husband. If he wants to wear dockers and a coat, that would work. You will see all different degrees of dressing up. As for myself, I always wear a simple black knee length cocktail dress.

We never eat at Palo so can't help you there. Sometimes I use the spa but I am not planning on it this trip. We have never had a need for Flounders. Post on the main cruise board with specific questions and I know somebody will respond.

This cruise is going to have some happy children. If I remember correctly, this is the 5th one just in our group that the cruise is a surprise cruise for the children.

Kathy

Hey all, I just noticed, I do believe I have been tagged by the tag fairy! I know my hubby likes to play around with a tag for me but they are never in color. Once I was "born to cruise" then he added "Kathy is addicted to the board" isn't that the truth. Today, as I was answering HawkinsCrew, I noticed red and green under my screen name. I like it too, "ready to leave the frosty Midwest behind, and sail the sunny Caribbean!" That is so me, even our boat is named "Caribbean Dream'n" Thanks Tag Fairy!

cruise log: today is Dec. 16th, we have docs, 9 days until Christmas morning! 10 days until Florida, 12 days until we are on the ship!!!!

I know I missed some who are surprising their children. I know Masonpips is, HawkinsCrew is and we are but freshen up my memory please. I know there is more than that. I will add it to our list.

Kathy :sunny:

(message to Kathy from the TAG FAIRY: I only wish I could sail away, too!)

Welcome HawkinsCrew!! My DH will do a tux as well, but it's mainly so we don't have to pack so much - LOL! Your dh will not be underdressed in a coat/pants combo - it will be fine.

Since you have a little one, I would go up to Flounders as your very first objective to get some time reserved. I think you can reserve 3 slots and then call back later if you need more. You could do this while your dh does Palo and if you have walkie-talkies, you can confirm with each other while in line or just go back and work with one or the other if the times don't match up perfectly. We love Palo's and will be doing brunch and dinner - brunch is probably the more impressive of the two (a buffet to die for an a meal) but I like the pace of dinner more.

Congrats on the tag Kathy! WTGo Tag Fairy.

My friend Savsawmom is also surprising her children, but I'm not sure how.

We are surprising our children on Christmas Day (DD 4, DS 17 months). We did the NYE cruise last year and loved it. DH will wear a tux just because it is so much easier to rent and have it there for you.

We will also be using Flounder's. We have a DS who is 17 months. We have used Flounder's before and have always had a really good experience. Make sure you know the top three times when you will need them and go there the first afternoon. YOu can give them all the times you would like to reserve but you need to note your top 3. Last year when we went we were able to get times everyday without a problem. Also, on the main board, people who have cruised inthe last week or so have said that they are now doing reservations in the terminal. Just another reason to convince me to get there early.

Thank you, tecdavidt, Masonpips, and 'we love the mouse' for responding. Great tips, I will definately let dh know that not lugging a suit has its benefits! That sounds great to go to Flounder's reef first, or at the same time co-ordinating over radio (do cell phones work?) to set up times.

We'll keep our eyes peeled for the terminal sign-ups. The best part is that I know that however everything works out we will still have a wonderful time. We were blown away by our three day cruise Feb. '02.

Thank you again for your responses. Can't wait for the 28th!

Cell phones do work in port, for awhile after you leave (we kept checking it because we're geeks) and will work in Key West the next day. After that, we were out of luck (Cingulair)

I think we're now considering a limo (van) for the drive over! We had our friend's vehicle plus a rental for us and between the cost of parking for them and the rental for us, the van is not much more ($195 r/t, so $100 per couple) and adds convenience! I e-mailed Happy Limo to start with.

We have learned the rule of thumb with cell phones, if it is a US port, they work. We have Verizon and we have had good luck but only US ports. In fact, in Puerto Rico we were 2 miles out from San Juan and it worked! My husband thought he would give it a try and he reached the office.

We are using Tiffany Town Car. They use to sponser the DIS board but not any more. We have had a limo and last year we did the town car. They were prompt both times. I would assume Happy Limo is good since they now sponser the boards.

Kathy

tecdavidt said:
We are using Tiffany Town Car. They use to sponser the DIS board but not any more. We have had a limo and last year we did the town car. They were prompt both times. I would assume Happy Limo is good since they now sponser the boards.

Kathy

What time are you getting picked up (and are you staying in Pt. C? I can't remember!) - I don't know what time exactly to tell anyone as I think it's about 45 minutes over from the airport? Maybe an hour? We'll try to arrive between 10:15-10:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter