December 2007...who's going?

adisneymama

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I know it is a year away, but who is going in Dec 07? We have booked 12/15-12/22 at WL. Who wants to join in the fun of planning a trip for next year? :thumbsup2

We are also planning on going in Dec. 07, Dec.15-21. I am going wait until Feb., to see if I can rent points from a DVC member and book at the 11 month window for BWV or OKW. We stayed at both this summer on rented pointed points and really enjoyed them. I am hoping for BWV. This will be a Christmas trip and my dauhter's 8th birthday!! I al already VERY excited! Have you ever been at Christimas before?

FYI- You are in Houston? I am in Bridge City. I know my tags says Groves, but I have to change it. Anyway, we are about 1 1/2 hours from Houston near Beaumont!!!

We will be there :cool1: :cool1:! Staying at AKL Dec 8 - 11 and then at either BCV or BWV from Dec 11 - 15.

I THINK we're going 11/24 - 12/5. Still planning - will be staying at BWI and may do a split stay, not sure where elso right now! :goodvibes

kimkarli said:
FYI- You are in Houston? I am in Bridge City. I know my tags says Groves, but I have to change it. Anyway, we are about 1 1/2 hours from Houston near Beaumont!!!

Oh my, I feel like you're family. When we evacuated for Katrina we ended up in a rental house in Orange. Everyone was so nice to us there. I've been trying to find out how the area did with Rita? While there we frequented a restaurant that I believe was in Bridge City - Esther's. It was right on the water, please say it's still there. But more importantly I hope you and your family fared well.

Glad to see some others joining in!
We have not been at Christmas before. This trip we will have a then 5 yo and a 10 mo old. Should be interesting!

We are actually in a suburb of Houston, but dh works in downtown Houston. We should get together if we are there the same time!

Did you guys watch the Disney Parade this morning? It made me more excited for next December!!!

12/15 through 12/22 at ASMo for my family. There's me, DW, DS2 and DS6. This will be DS2 first trip.

It's not booked yet, but we are talking about staying at WL Dec 11-18.
I just hope that it's not busy then, I have been reading some reviews and people are saying it was crowded towards the end of when we will be staying. Maybe we will go the week before the 11th. I know I want to be there for the christmas decorations!!

The Duncans will be at CSR from Nov 26-Dec 7/07. And we will be doing our second MVMCP! Braeden will be turning 8! Hope to see all my Dis friends there. We went the exact same dates in 2006 and the crowds were very managable and the weather was awesome. Keep your fingers crossed it will be the same this year. TTFN Kathy Oh and we hope to do the parade taping day this year!! We missed in '06 as it was a day we did not do the parks..no DDP for us this year so we should be able to swing it CHEERS Kathy

I wish we could be there for the taping of the parade, but DH is an avid hunter and the first day of deer season is the monday after thanksgiving, he'll be out in the woods that monday, then the friday and sat after. He's basically going to be hunting the 2 weeks after thanksgiving. bummer. I tried to sway him to give up the hunting thing just for this one year, but haha, that's funny. Part of the reason we are going on this trip is to make up for all his hunting, lol.

I'm still nervous about crowds. When we were there in feb, it was perfect, there were crowds, but nothing like in the summer. I hope it is the same as it was in feb. I know that it won't be desolate, but I would love to be able to walk on the rides like we could in feb. the only thing we waited for was EE.

I'm getting so excited, today I am calling the TA, my mom is calling AAA, we are going to see who will give us a better deal.

I wish we could be there for the taping of the parade, but DH is an avid hunter and the first day of deer season is the monday after thanksgiving, he'll be out in the woods that monday, then the friday and sat after. He's basically going to be hunting the 2 weeks after thanksgiving. bummer. I tried to sway him to give up the hunting thing just for this one year, but haha, that's funny. Part of the reason we are going on this trip is to make up for all his hunting, lol.

I'm still nervous about crowds. When we were there in feb, it was perfect, there were crowds, but nothing like in the summer. I hope it is the same as it was in feb. I know that it won't be desolate, but I would love to be able to walk on the rides like we could in feb. the only thing we waited for was EE.

I'm getting so excited, today I am calling the TA, my mom is calling AAA, we are going to see who will give us a better deal.

We nicknamed our son back to back, we walked on quite a few rides/or had very little wait. Definately check out AAA. We booked thru CAA last year(it is the canadian version of AAA) and saved $400 US last year. I am waiting a little while to book for this year as I do not want my TA to think I am a crazy person, requesting a quote a little over a month since returning. I just love to book early and know how much I owe. I guess I am an obcessive planner that way! I think I'll try and hold off until Feb. Have a great trip! TTFN Kat
PS maybe you could convince your hubbie to go hunting for heffalumps and whoozles! hahaha....My Step-dad was a hunter...DH is not...he says he could never hurt BAMBI!...I hope he means the deer!hahaha:laughing:

I know what you mean about wanting to book early. I think it gives peace of mind knowing you can pay a little every month, then have it all taken care of before leaving. I called the TA, she is looking into prices for me. My mom is working this morning, she's calling AAA when she gets home.

We want to stay at the WL, with 2 adjoining rooms. it will be, me, dh, ds (7), dd(5) dd(4) and my mom. My dad doesn't want to go. He said if we go next year, he'll go then, I guess he's not interested in going so soon, since we were there in feb. wow, that will be almost 2 years though. I was ready months ago, lol.

We are doing the ddp, it seems like such an amazing savings. also, my son will be turning 8 durring our stay, I am excited to see what kind of magical things they do for him. I know I read they will put balloons in the room, and CM will wish happy birthday all day long since you get a pin at each park. I don't want to tell him about that yet, just in case we change our dates.

We are also planning a trip. 12/12-12/19 for now, but it might be 12/5-12/12---which ever is the less crowded week, lol!

When is a good time to book? Last year we went in Feb. & I booked thru AAA sometime in October. I think I would like to book a little earlier this time.

We are also planning a trip. 12/12-12/19 for now, but it might be 12/5-12/12---which ever is the less crowded week, lol!

I would like to know that too. if I could get my husband to agree to going the 4th-11th I would love that. I think it is probably less crowded then, but I'm not sure if it is alot less. From what I've been reading, I think the crowds come in around the 20th. That is when the rates go up as well and they consider it holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter