• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DECEMBER 2010....Who's comin??

Haven't gotten our Mickey Mail yet, but not worried. I have my resi number. 31 days till our trip. YEA!

3 weeks from today for me & my family!

12/9-12/17 @ Pop Century! :D

Starting to pack slowly!

3 weeks from today for me & my family!

12/9-12/17 @ Pop Century! :D

Starting to pack slowly!
We'll be @ Pop then too! We leave NC for Florida on the 11th! I don't know how in the world I'm gonna secretly pack for the 3 of us w/out DS seeing the suitcases!

Mickey Mail arrived today!!! I am so excited!! I already started packing!! Now if I can get everybody else to start too...>!

It finally feels real for me. Put up the Christmas tree today with the monorail around the bottom. We're staying on Disney property for the first time and got free dining! Got our luggage tags and vouchers on Thursday.:cheer2:

We'll be @ Pop then too! We leave NC for Florida on the 11th! I don't know how in the world I'm gonna secretly pack for the 3 of us w/out DS seeing the suitcases!

I "packed" in laundrey baskets until the last minute last year when I did a secret trip for my son. It just looked like mommy was folding laundrey! He was absolutely clueless!

Ooh! We'll be at POP as well! My two youngest, myself and my parents will be there the 11th - 17th! :santa:

i'm stuck in that, to early to pack holding stage right now, i did get the camera out and found the batteries and memory cards for it and even dug out the camcorder for this trip, figured i'd tape the castle lites coming on and the osborne lights, and a parade or two then i won't have to watch it on you tube.

I got my MICKEY MAIL today:cool1:
Super excited, it is feeling much more real now, cant wait.
We will start packing this week. The kids told me I need to "practice pack" I told them forget practicing, Im doing the real thing!
We usually stay at WDW for a week, we have almost 2 weeks this time, Im going to try the baggie method for the kids clothes in hopes that we will have room to sit in the van for the 16 hour drive. :)

I "packed" in laundrey baskets until the last minute last year when I did a secret trip for my son. It just looked like mommy was folding laundrey! He was absolutely clueless!

Ooh! We'll be at POP as well! My two youngest, myself and my parents will be there the 11th - 17th! :santa:

That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that! I am definitely gonna try it. DH said last night that the best way to hide it from DS was in plain sight! Which is totally true - as long as it's not in front of the refrigerator or the TV, he'll never notice! My DS is 9, so right in between your two youngest. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Mickey Mail arrived at our travel agent's office today!! My mom is going to be picking it up after work. It's nice to think about the vacation right now after we got a couple inches of snow yesterday and no travel is advised tomorrow due to forecasters expecting us to get more snow along with blowing and drifting.

Today NASA announced the shuttle Discovery will not blast off until 12/17 at the earliest. Will review & announce again on 12/2 an update.

From their website:

Discovery's Launch No Earlier Than Dec. 17

Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:07:40 PM CST

NASA managers have targeted space shuttle Discovery's launch for no earlier than Dec. 17. Shuttle managers determined more tests and analysis are needed before proceeding with the STS-133 mission. The launch status meeting planned for Monday, Nov. 29, has been postponed and will be rescheduled.

The Program Requirements Control Board reviewed on Wednesday repairs and engineering evaluations associated with cracks on two 21-foot-long, U-shaped aluminum brackets, called stringers, on the shuttle's external tank. Managers decided the analysis and tests required to launch Discovery safely are not complete. The work will continue through next week.

The next status review by the PRCB will be Thursday, Dec. 2. If managers clear Discovery for launch on Dec. 17, the preferred time is about 8:51 p.m. EST.

I saw a launch in March 2009 & it was the most beautiful man made event I've ever witnessed! I wish all Americans could see one. If this one launches on 12/17, we will get to see it. We go home the next day. (My hubby has not seen it & he's the one in our family that would most appreciate it. Hope he gets to see it.)

We are two days away with only an hour and a half drive. Does it get better than that? :confused3

Yes it does we will be there for a full TWO weeks!:cheer2:

See ya there!

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter