**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I actually nabbed lunch reservations on the 15th and 16th, but am holding out for the 18th. I think I'll end up doing the one on the 15th (our first DHS day) if that doesn't happen. Whomp.

Also, it looks like we're arriving within 2 days of each other (We get in on the 13th.) and will be staying across the lake from each other!

I actually booked the 19th and 20th at first and decided to keep the 20th and then realized how perfectly it would have fit into my plan on the 19th.

Oh cool!! We will definitely be crossing that bridge to check out the new place. :goodvibes A Dismeet will need to be formed some time. It will totally freak out my DH, but he'll live. :rotfl2:

hollygolitely93 said:
You scrap bookers impress me. I started one for my older son as his birth book and well...let's just say it is "unfinished".

I do love compiling video montages and have created one for each of my children's birthdays and of course our last Disney trip. I have the songs picked out for this trip (I think) and a few fun things to try editing wise...given we have the nieces/nephews/SIL/grandparents on this trip I should have lots of material to play with!

Whoever had the 12 days of Disney idea...love it! Going to adopt it, as well!

When my son was born I took lots of video then never did anything with it. After that I just took stills. On the plus side my DFIL is getting into video. He'll be joining us on this trip so that should be fun. :)

I'm doing the 12 Days of Disney Christmas. We'll be there for 12 nights so it seemed appropriate. I picked out a tabletop tree on Amazon Prime that I'll be shipping. I have some small glass Mickey heads and Im going to make some paper character ornaments. Then I'll probably string up some lights and garland in the room. Then I started with the presents. I have 6 presents for each of us 6 this trip). On the first day everyone gets one. And on the last day everyone gets a Disney ornament. In between I'll give out a couple each day. I started with things that were small, lightweight and inexpensive. Those criteria kind of went out the window though. ;) All of the gifts are Disney themed but some are more obscure than others (like the Medfield College shirt and the Fess Parker wine). I only have a couple left. Waiting for the SOTMK merchandise to come out for my son.

The only thing that's concerning me now is if I split up our room from 2BDR to 1BDR + Studio. If we're not adjoining then only the 1 BDR will be decorated. My in-laws will have to come to our room every morning to open the presents. Kind of a bummer.

I'm doing the 12 Days of Disney Christmas. We'll be there for 12 nights so it seemed appropriate. I picked out a tabletop tree on Amazon Prime that I'll be shipping. I have some small glass Mickey heads and Im going to make some paper character ornaments. Then I'll probably string up some lights and garland in the room. Then I started with the presents. I have 6 presents for each of us 6 this trip). On the first day everyone gets one. And on the last day everyone gets a Disney ornament. In between I'll give out a couple each day. I started with things that were small, lightweight and inexpensive. Those criteria kind of went out the window though. ;) All of the gifts are Disney themed but some are more obscure than others (like the Medfield College shirt and the Fess Parker wine). I only have a couple left. Waiting for the SOTMK merchandise to come out for my son.

The only thing that's concerning me now is if I split up our room from 2BDR to 1BDR + Studio. If we're not adjoining then only the 1 BDR will be decorated. My in-laws will have to come to our room every morning to open the presents. Kind of a bummer.

Wow. I am not sure if I am more impressed with all the presents and decorations or that you get to be at Disney for 12 nights. :) Are you driving or flying? I admit, I had to google the Medfield College reference, but now I want a shirt.

I think for 12 nights I would rather have that bit of space away from the in-laws. It will be like they are visiting you for Christmas each day.

You scrap bookers impress me. I started one for my older son as his birth book and well...let's just say it is "unfinished".

I do love compiling video montages and have created one for each of my children's birthdays and of course our last Disney trip. I have the songs picked out for this trip (I think) and a few fun things to try editing wise...given we have the nieces/nephews/SIL/grandparents on this trip I should have lots of material to play with!

Whoever had the 12 days of Disney idea...love it! Going to adopt it, as well!

LOL kinda like me except I'm more "unstarted" :rotfl2: ... I have tons of scrapbooking materials, drawers of it!

Valgoof said:
Wow. I am not sure if I am more impressed with all the presents and decorations or that you get to be at Disney for 12 nights. :) Are you driving or flying? I admit, I had to google the Medfield College reference, but now I want a shirt.

I think for 12 nights I would rather have that bit of space away from the in-laws. It will be like they are visiting you for Christmas each day.

We're flying. If you look at the goodie bags from our last big trip ( in my sig), you'll see I went overboard. We had two carryon suitcases just with presents. (DSis does my presents.) plus a few more stuck in the checked luggage. I was determined not to go overboard this time. it's definitely lighter (fewer book) but I still haven't wrapped any of it yet, so I think it won't be smaller.

My FIL was hard because none of his favorite movies are the animated ones. It's unfortunate WDW doesn't have a Davy Crockett ride. But I'm pretty happy with what I got. My MILs favorite movie is Pete's Dragon. Can't wait for ELP. ;)

Actually they're the ones that really wanted the separate room. I was happy enough together. But $1700 pays for a lot more Pixie Dust. ;) anyway, I'm thinking about letting my crafty MIL in on the decorating but keep the presents a secret. She's actually helped me in the past, so she knows I'm doing something. And if she's involved she can put some lights and garland up in their room.

Alright...here's my loose itinerary if anyone wants to critique and give me something else to plan;). Family of 10 with grandparents and five kids (13,10,10,6,2)

Thurs 11/29. Arrival; ME; POR checking and lunch at resort; MVMCP (dinner early Cosmic Rays); castle show, parade, wishes, home!

Friday 11/30. B'fast at resort, Rope drop MK(parade taping day...at the castle so will avoid main street), lunch pecos, 5pm dinner at Ohanas, if up to it catch Bob's show at POR.

Saturday 12/1. Breakfast at resort; rope drop Epcot, lunch at Chinese CS, 5pm San Angel Inn, stay through illuminations.

Sunday 12/2. AK, 8am Tusker House, lunch at flame BBQ, afternoon at resort, DTD T-REx for dinner, Santa/shopping, back to POR to roast marshmallows if up for it.

Monday 12/3. rope drop HS, 12:00 lunch prime time diner; CS dinner and Osbourne lights.

Tuesday 12/4. MK 8am CRT, lunch CS, 4:30 BOG, MR to contemporary for 8pm Pirates and Pals cruise

Wednesday 12/5...may add a breakfast??? Or may have lazy day at resort until depart in afternoon.

We're flying. If you look at the goodie bags from our last big trip ( in my sig), you'll see I went overboard. We had two carryon suitcases just with presents. (DSis does my presents.) plus a few more stuck in the checked luggage. I was determined not to go overboard this time. it's definitely lighter (fewer book) but I still haven't wrapped any of it yet, so I think it won't be smaller.

My FIL was hard because none of his favorite movies are the animated ones. It's unfortunate WDW doesn't have a Davy Crockett ride. But I'm pretty happy with what I got. My MILs favorite movie is Pete's Dragon. Can't wait for ELP. ;)

Actually they're the ones that really wanted the separate room. I was happy enough together. But $1700 pays for a lot more Pixie Dust. ;) anyway, I'm thinking about letting my crafty MIL in on the decorating but keep the presents a secret. She's actually helped me in the past, so she knows I'm doing something. And if she's involved she can put some lights and garland up in their room.

I was going to ask why you/they couldn't decorate their room too, but then I remembered that parts of your trip were a surprise. Yes you can get a lot of Pixie Dust for $1700. pixiedust:
I wish I had fun people to travel with. DH and DB would not appreciate goody bags or decorations. I am decorating our window at POP. DH can just deal with it. Anyone going my week want me to bring you presents or decorate your room?? :lmao:

Alright...here's my loose itinerary if anyone wants to critique and give me something else to plan;). Family of 10 with grandparents and five kids (13,10,10,6,2)

Thurs 11/29. Arrival; ME; POR checking and lunch at resort; MVMCP (dinner early Cosmic Rays); castle show, parade, wishes, home!

Friday 11/30. B'fast at resort, Rope drop MK(parade taping day...at the castle so will avoid main street), lunch pecos, 5pm dinner at Ohanas, if up to it catch Bob's show at POR.

Saturday 12/1. Breakfast at resort; rope drop Epcot, lunch at Chinese CS, 5pm San Angel Inn, stay through illuminations.

Sunday 12/2. AK, 8am Tusker House, lunch at flame BBQ, afternoon at resort, DTD T-REx for dinner, Santa/shopping, back to POR to roast marshmallows if up for it.

Monday 12/3. rope drop HS, 12:00 lunch prime time diner; CS dinner and Osbourne lights.

Tuesday 12/4. MK 8am CRT, lunch CS, 4:30 BOG, MR to contemporary for 8pm Pirates and Pals cruise

Wednesday 12/5...may add a breakfast??? Or may have lazy day at resort until depart in afternoon.

You get to eat at 2 castles on Tuesday!!! How cool is that?! :cool1:

Valgoof said:
I was going to ask why you/they couldn't decorate their room too, but then I remembered that parts of your trip were a surprise. Yes you can get a lot of Pixie Dust for $1700. pixiedust:
I wish I had fun people to travel with. DH and DB would not appreciate goody bags or decorations. I am decorating our window at POP. DH can just deal with it. Anyone going my week want me to bring you presents or decorate your room?? :lmao:

I really was trying to be restrained. But DH asked me if I was planning anything special and when I hesitated, he insisted that I needed to so something. *lol* It's his parents first time. :) And DS10 still thinks its all done by Mickey. I mean, he knows Mickey is just a guy (several really) but he still thinks the character CMs are the ones responsible for his pixie dust. With some coordination and suggestions from Mom. Those guys must be really busy. ;)

I decided not to over think my main Disney album. No particular color scheme or special page order and one 12x12 album for all our Disney trips. I will probably divide the album into some basic categories like food, characters, Attractions, resorts, etc. Then I'll just do layouts as they strike me. I've had too many over planned theme albums that I never finished (or worse, never started). And, if you're familiar with Stacy Julian's Library of Memories, this approach fits right in. Of course, I should mention that since I decided this I've made ONE Disney layout. Still, it's a good plan. ;)

I do have a smaller 6x6 album that's just my son's character photos and autographs. I used paper on that themed to the characters. Instead of an autograph book my son carries a stack of 4x6 white card stock. I punched a hole in the corner and put them on a key ring. Makes scrapping super simple.

:offtopic: but not really! :)
Here's the link to my Disney layouts: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/album_display.asp?album_id=53016

I used to teach classes MANY years ago at our local sb store, which has since closed :( I haven't made an album since my son graduated from high school in 2010.....i'm pretty sure this trip will give me a much needed kick in the hiney!

Eeek I had completely forgotten about holiday decorations! We haven't been at WDW in December for 3 years. DD was only 9 months old that trip and I decorated a bit. I guess a good mom should do it for this trip LOL!!

Terri & Tofubeast -- Thanks for that info! I'm already thinking ahead for next time we visit WDW and I appreciate the tips.

Bellaally -- Thanks for the tip on the 25% off sale :)

srauchbauer -- Good luck with your interview!

Looks like we're getting close to the maximum number of pages in a thread. Tofu, let us know the title of the new thread (once known) so we can continue :goodvibes

Not sure if this was posted earlier, as I try to keep up with this thread everyday but sometimes get behind. :duck:

Looks like the Boulangerie Patisserie will be getting a makeover that will be complete sometime in December. Hoping the two story version will be open for our trip!

I saw that. This is a stop at every trip - I get perfume and an eclair! haha! I am hoping its open in the begining of December....

99 days today!!!! Can't wait! I have everything booked except a debate on my DS birthday dinner. Trying to decide between The Garden Grill and Whispering canyon....

Well, I bit the bullet and changed from AoA to POFQ. I did wanna stay in AoA, but wasn't feeling it since this will be an adults only trip. I don't wanna try and share a double with the hubby for a week. Doesn't sound romantical to me at all LOL. So, I cancelled and completely rebooked our package. It was a little more than I was expecting (forgot about the nonrefundable trip insurance *duh* ). Hopefully, the hubby won't be too upset ;) Since I completely cancelled and rebooked I did get to redo our flights and got a later flight out on our departure day. :banana: We will be spending our last morning in MK. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter