December 2021 trip planning

Just thinking aloud - and apologies if its a daft question!

So, assuming its just a do a test and upload a photo to a company type LFT, then do we need to think about what time we do the test? Are the certificates sent through automatically do you think, or is someone going to have to sit there and press the send button when the tests have been reviewed? We fly home on Monday 3rd January, in the evening. So we can do the test from Sat 1st Jan, in the evening. But would anyone be working? I don't want to wait hours for a result and have a sleepless night! Or would it be better to do the test on the morning of Sun 2nd January? Presumably if it is that someone needs to action the fit to fly cert, then they would be working?
I know I'm probably overthinking this again!

When we had to do pre-departure tests in the summer we just had to enter the negative result and upload a photo and the certificate came back within seconds. Nobody's checking these in real time which is what makes a mockery of the whole thing.

When we had to do pre-departure tests in the summer we just had to enter the negative result and upload a photo and the certificate came back within seconds. Nobody's checking these in real time which is what makes a mockery of the whole thing.
If software can pick out faces and stuff from photos I think spotting "one bar or two" on a photo of a LFT in real time would be a doddle.

My only concern with unsupervised testing is that it's possible to do the test so it only shows the check bar even though you are positive.

Hi all.

We're just about to end our isolation period from testing positive. Everyone is fine and we're supposed to fly in almost 2 weeks.

The CDC say that "If you have had a positive viral test on a sample taken during the past 90 days, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with your positive viral test results and a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

But what constitutes such letter? Does a signed letter from a GP suffice? Healthcare provision is obviously different over there so will this be recognised? It would appear we do not need to take any tests but need to do this instead.

QUOTE="DisBabesMan, post: 63584114, member: 36101"]
Yeah most probably does, I'm gonna check with airline as well, but worth a shot!
[/QUOTE]
Can you please report back what you find out? I have an NHS test with me too and it would be great if I could use it instead of having to waste time going somewhere to test.
Thanks

I have an NHS test with me too and it would be great if I could use it instead of having to waste time going somewhere to test.
But if 'they' say that it is acceptable, everyone travelling will rush out and grab free NHS tests to go on holiday with - which will cost the NHS a few nurses salaries.

Test results for the whole family just came back, after a morning spent having our nostrils invaded. We're all negative - flying tomorrow! WHAT A RELIEF.

I hadn't quite realised how much I had been worrying about the test results before we got them. I feel like a 100lb weight has just been taken off my shoulders.

How are my fellow December travellers feeling?
We are doing a LFT every day, just for peace of mind. So far so good!
3 more days at work / school, so 3 more evening tests, and then we'll do another Saturday morning first thing before our proper supervised tests starting at 9am.
We are packing on Friday night, and just hoping the half a tree I'll be taking with me in print outs is all we'll need!

How are my fellow December travellers feeling?
We are doing a LFT every day, just for peace of mind. So far so good!
3 more days at work / school, so 3 more evening tests, and then we'll do another Saturday morning first thing before our proper supervised tests starting at 9am.
We are packing on Friday night, and just hoping the half a tree I'll be taking with me in print outs is all we'll need!

Well, we’ve been back and fourth!!! 😂
Are you flying on the Sunday from Heathrow by any chance?

Excellent! See you on board!
I check the virgin app every day. Our flight home changed the other day ... still waiting for an email from virgin informing me lol

We’re on the BA flight that leaves 25mins later so we’ll be right behind you!

Although the news that France are banning travel from the UK from tomorrow night is making me nervous!!

What is Disney’s policy if travel is banned within 8 days of your trip, does anyone know? Normally it’s a cancellation with no refund or changes… but if it’s the result of a travel ban, does that change?? We are due to leave 2nd January for two weeks… I’d like to wait and see if it can go ahead, but I’m fretting about possible border closures.

Although the news that France are banning travel from the UK from tomorrow night is making me nervous!!

Politics - France banned us this time last year and caused chaos at Dover, we inveted the Amber Plus list for them in the summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter