December 2021 trip planning

Hi all.

to let you know, we left on the 19th of December and have been in Riviera for the last few days.

Me, my wife and our four children all had Covid in the last 90 days so did not have to do an LFT. We did use an online company to get Covid certificates. These were needed and checked by BA at the check-in desk. We did Twilight check-in the night before departure and that’s when everything was checked. Nothing else was ever checked at any point of our journey.

Monday the 20th and Tuesday the 21st were wet over here. No other bad weather expected now.

The 120 minute rule on Genie+ works a treat. We went to AK yesterday. From 7:00 in the morning every 120 minutes we booked a lighting lane pass. We arrived at Animal Kingdom at about 2:00 in the afternoon and did all the big rides one after the other.

EMH are handy for blitzing a few rides too.

Never been in December so computing the heat and sunshine with Christmas is a challenge but a lovely one to have! 😂

Riviera is incredible. In every way. I just wish Skyliner went to AK and MK and DS!!

Be Our Guest booked for Christmas Day lunch but not doing any rides. Just strolling through and soaking up the atmosphere. I might be in my Stitch Christmas jumper so feel free to say hi if you see me!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Just a final update from me now we are home

We had an amazing time. The parks are very busy, but that was expected due to the time of year. Disney are asking guest to fill in all available rows / space etc. Mask compliance in the parks in indoor areas was generally very good, and CM's did remind guests when walking into buildings and lines for rides.
It was lovely watching the news and not having covid rammed down our throats every 2 minutes! A very different approach in the media there!

For our test to come home, we used Collinsons. No issues, negative test certificate was through within about 15 minutes for each of us.

At MCO, they were very thorough checking everyone's paperwork. As DD is under 18, she was on my PLF form, and they wanted to see that she was listed, our covid vaccine certs and our negative tests.

The flight was quite quick as we had a strong tail wind but that also meant lots of turblulence.
For meals we were offered chicken teriyakie (sp!) or a vegetarian pasta. With that we had cheese and crackers and a brownie bar. DD's kids meal was a chicken goujon, tomato pasta and brocoli. Dessert was a chocolate pudding.

For breakfast it was a warm croissant, possibly with cheese in it. Adults were given a muesli type pot and a granola type bar, kids had a fruit pot and a yoghurt.

When we got back to purple parking we did our Randox 2 day tests in the car, and took them to the post box in the back of the Radisson Edwardian hotel. We await the results! We all feel fine though, just tired as expected.

Happy to answer any questions if anyone needs any help

Now to start planning our August trip!

Our test results from Randox came through at 5.30 this morning. Me and DH are negative and DD is positive. No symptoms, and feels fine. Did a LFT for each of us as per the advice for DH and I, and just to see really for DD, and they were all negative.
Track and trace called around 1pm, and asked what flight we were on, which seat DD was in and if I knew where she had caught covid from! Obviously have no idea on that one! I do wonder if DD has previously had covid in the last 90 days, but hasn't been picked up on LFT but has now on PCR.
Hoping that on Mon and Tues (day 6 and 7) DD has negative LFT so she can go back to school on Tuesday, and that she continues to have no symptoms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter