DH will NOT cooperate! WWYD?

Husbands aren't children. If he doesn't want to wear it, then don't even waste your money ordering one unless you think you can keep it completely hidden in your own bag and can keep from bringing it back up. If you tell him "you might change your mind" or get down there and say "why don't you wear this today," it just reinforces that you don't see his wishes as anything worthy of consideration. The only reason to buy and have one is if you genuinely think he'll say "I wish I'd have worn one." If you can't honestly (REALLY honestly, not just your wishful thinking- if you don't know the difference, then don't bother) say that he might say that, save your money.

I can see how matching outfits make it easier to keep track of everybody, but it is definitely an individual taste. Some love them, others see them as just silly.

I am an avid Disney fan, and brought my wife into the Disney madness - so I'm the one that makes the plans every year (except dinning - she handles ADR's). I can't imagine missing 1 year.

With that said -

THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD that I would wear matching shirts. Cute?? Sure, but that belongs to kids and dogs. Not men.

just my 2 cents (since you were asking).

I thought we looked pretty good.

IMG_0137.jpg

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I love Disney, nothing makes me happier. However, matching families look silly (no offence). I understand it for really really littleones, it's easy to find them and it's a bit of a safty thing. For regular kids/full families...lets just say I pitty the kids and husband.

Someone needs some pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I think the OP should request her husband's preference. I can't blame the poor guy if he thinks he'll look like a dork (he will). Besides, any time I see a man dressed like that I think, "dumb fella looks p-whipped to within an inch of his life--where'd his spine go?" Finally, famblees who dress like that seem to scream, "lookit US, lookit US." No thankee, I'm there to lookit Mickey et al.

Where you see whipped, I see a good sport, a Disney fan or a great dad. Scratch that. Make it a good sport, a Disney fan and a great dad.

Ha. The odd duck is the guy who's NOT wearing the matching shirt?
Hey, no offense to anybody, and lets try not to stereotype here either. It isn't just men who wouldn't wear matching shirts, I know plenty of women who would never do that. And I'm sure there are some men that are all for it too. And it isn't a Disney thing either - plenty of us love Disney but would never wear a matching shirt. And I've seen families doing this outside of Disney too.
This isn't a Disney thing thing, it isn't a man/woman thing, its just a matter of personal tastes. And like everybody else has said, if your husband doesn't want to wear one, don't try and make him. But it couldn't hurt to throw one in the bag to see if he'll wear it for pictures.

Just be sure to pack it in your bag, not his. :rolleyes1

Luckily, my hubby doesn't mind wearing matching or coordinating shirts for one day of our trip (so we get a few great pics). After all, we would wear coordinating outfits if we were going to the photographer for a family portrait!

Neither he nor I would ever do this at home, but something about Disney makes it OK to be dorky--and wear matching shirts or even wear Mickey ears. But Dh does own quite a few Mickey head and character shirts (Grumpy being his alter ego).

But this is not something I'd push him about. If he feels so strongly against it, then realize this is not worth an argument. He would feel umcomfortable and likely get angry everytime someone looked at you all, especially if they mentioned your cute shirts.

And there are many ways to look well together in a pic without wearing the same exact shirts. This year we all had different colored T shirts and put African print Mickey Heads on them. Our mickey heads matched, but our shirts were orange, khaki, white...and we wore them with khaki shorts. 2 of us had other khaki colored over shirts too. Looked good in pics, but not all the same.

I agree it's not for everyone, but my DH doesn't mind matching. I just ordered 2 matching shirts for us. I don't think he feels he should be pitied- I'm not making him wear them. I asked...showed him the shirts...he said "yes"...I ordered the shirts. We still wear our matching Discovery Cove shirts on the SAME day at home sometimes! I think it looks cute when families match. (Now, my DD15 is another story. She wouldn't be caught DEAD matching US! :rotfl: ) That being said, I would respect my DH's decision not to match if he didn't want to. It wouldn't be a big deal to me.

I think that you have to respect his wishes. If you explain to him that it will make it very easy to track the family "hmmm where is the red shirt?" it may sway him [mine went along with that and will never NOT wear matching shirt]. However, he is a grown man and his wants are as important as yours...would you want to be pushed into something you are uncomfortable with?:)

I think the OP should request her husband's preference. I can't blame the poor guy if he thinks he'll look like a dork (he will). Besides, any time I see a man dressed like that I think, "dumb fella looks p-whipped to within an inch of his life--where'd his spine go?" Finally, famblees who dress like that seem to scream, "lookit US, lookit US." No thankee, I'm there to lookit Mickey et al.
Your post is nasty, rude, mean and condesending. My flamblee, I guess you meant family by that, dressed in matching shirts and many, many other people here on the DIS do to and your remarks were insulting to each and everyone of our families. There isn't one person on this thread who said that the OP should make her husband wear something he doesn't want to. Everyone does, and should, have their own preferences and choices, but you do not have to belittle others for their choices. Why would you have to be so mean?

Sorry if this is a little off topic but PrincessTiffany~~where did you get your blue Minnie shirt?? I'm looking for one like it......and yes, my boys including DH will be wearing the matching Mickey ones! :lovestruc

Sorry if this is a little off topic but PrincessTiffany~~where did you get your blue Minnie shirt?? I'm looking for one like it......and yes, my boys including DH will be wearing the matching Mickey ones! :lovestruc
I got it off disneyshopping.com. They have a ton of cute t-shirts for the entire family and they are very resonably priced.

For our last trip, we made personalized polos on the Disney shopping site. We all got different colors and characters, but we all kind of matched anyway without actually matching exactly.
Anyway, we were eating at Chef Mickey's when this guy came over to us and said, "Raymond?" to my husband. It turns out it was a relative that he hadn't seen in over 15 years, but the guy took a chance because he "looked like Ray and had Raymond on his shirt." If we hadn't have made the special shirts, they would have passed each other without knowing it. So that was pretty cool!

Go ahead and make matching t shirts for you and the kids, just buy a plain one for him. That way the colors still match, but he doesn't have to wear the characters if he doesn't want to.

That's what I would do - at least one day - it's nice to have one picture where you match :)

I am so not in to the matching shirts. Would not do it when I traveled with my inlaws to WDW. This past October; traveled with a group of 15; most of us friends for 20 plus years (except the kids of course.) Anyways, DH can tie-dye with the mail order dyes and made t-shirts for the entire group. We wore them the same day and had a fantastic time wearing matching rainbow tie-dye shirts to the parks. Received lots of great comments from CM's and guests. It was a blast.:hippie: The kids got all kinds of special attention at shows.

My DH doesnt like to match either so me and my DDs wear our matching shirts. I made a family shirt (thanks to the DISigns) and he agreed to wear it after 3 days of me and the girls wearing ours--I made shirts for us for each park.
Our photopass consisted of lots of pics of --as one CM called us "3 family members and a stranger".

Its ok if DH doesnt want to wear a shirt. He's not going to ruin my little fun... (I have made another family shirt of the next trip and I bet he will wear it too)

Thanks so much Princess Tiffany! Now all 4 of us have matching Mickey/Minnie shirts to wear one day and matching Donald/Daisy ones to wear another day......plus a few more since they are having a huge sale!!:yay:

I'm so nervous that they could run small though and mine won't fit, I would be devastated :sad1: Do you find their sizing chart to be accurate?

Thanks so much Princess Tiffany! Now all 4 of us have matching Mickey/Minnie shirts to wear one day and matching Donald/Daisy ones to wear another day......plus a few more since they are having a huge sale!!:yay:

I'm so nervous that they could run small though and mine won't fit, I would be devastated :sad1: Do you find their sizing chart to be accurate?
Yes, they run true to size and they do not shrink in the wash either - very happy with ours.

What looks absolutely fake?

The pictures with every one with the same clothes on. They just always looked "forced happiness" to me, Not sure if I'm explaining it right. Remember I did say it was just my opinion, I don't even like my shoes to match my handbag so I would just never dress my family to match. ugh

The pictures with every one with the same clothes on. They just always looked "forced happiness" to me, Not sure if I'm explaining it right. Remember I did say it was just my opinion, I don't even like my shoes to match my handbag so I would just never dress my family to match. ugh
There's nothing fake or forced about our happiness and we dress alike for many different occasions. I truly had no idea that other people would find us "ugh" . . . interesting, I guess.

IMG_7348-3.jpg
IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8816.jpg
IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg

Really, I wouldn't force him to do something he doesn't want to. If you don't think it would be a total waste of money, get one for him in case he changes his mind. But don't stress yourself out over it! I'm trying to "gently" work on DH for us to get matching t-shirts (along with my parents and in-laws who will be joining us this trip) just at least for the MVMCP to take a group picture or something. But in the end, if he's totally against it, it's not worth the argument, stress, or unhappiness it would cause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter