• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH will NOT cooperate! WWYD?

There's nothing fake or forced about our happiness and we dress alike for many different occasions. I truly had no idea that other people would find us "ugh" . . . interesting, I guess.

IMG_7348-3.jpg
IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8816.jpg
IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg

Nothing of the sort. Mom, I honestly wouldn't even noticed (especially at WDW) and definitely would not give it much thought. It is simply my opinion on how I would dress and how I think it makes my family look. :rolleyes: No different then if some one says they like sushi and I say it taste terrible. YOU guys seem to have fun with it and that's all that's important.
Please, please don't take it any other way then simply my families preferences.

I havent read this whole thread - but I will tell you this. I have a rule : no matching clothes. I wont wear them, dont ask me to.

I dont care if Jesus himself comes down and asks me to wear a matching shirt to Disney with him. I will have to decline and face the wrath upon my passing.

WW*I*D? I would say "Okay, you dont have to wear it" to him.

I never thought my DH would wear any Disney shirts, but he did. I love the vintage Grumpy, Mickey, Donald ones at disneyshopping.com.

I also got him to wear 2 from the DISigns.

1 was Drinking Around the World at Epcot and the other was a Chicago Bears Mickey head.

Is your DH a sports nut? I bet he would wear a Disney one in his favorite team.

We had a ton of people come up to us asking us where we got our Bears shirts!

Where did you get this?

I didn't read through all the responses but my suggestion would be to pack his suitcase and pack only the matching shirts... he'll be none the wiser until he gets to Florida:cool1:

I didn't read through all the responses but my suggestion would be to pack his suitcase and pack only the matching shirts... he'll be none the wiser until he gets to Florida:cool1:

Yeah my husband would have his azz at the closest mall to buy new clothes.

We aren't matching shirt people here. I'm not a fan of it at all.

I'm also not a fan of the custom clothing either so maybe I"m not the best person to ask. LOL

I don't see what is so awful about respecting his feelings on this.If you want to purchase a shirt for him and bring it along and ask about it when you get to WDW...fine.But if he says "No" ..just let it go.Part of marriage is learning to compromise and picking your battles.Starting a disney vacation with an upset Dh is not a good move.DD and I often matched or were color coordinated,DH never.DId it ruin my trip? no. DId it imply that Dh was not a disney fan ? no. Does it mean he doens't love me or isn't a good father? NO. He is simply not a fan of matching and that is ok.The fact that he is with us and participating in our family vacation is all that matters or should matter.I think matching is cute...Yes it makes real nice pictures..but years from now I am going to look back and remember all the fun we had as a family, and all the magic of my dd's first trip, not DH refused to wear a matching tshirt..

And that would pave the way to one fun trip :sad2:

I don't get why everyone has to match, if you want to wear matching clothes that is fine and fun. If someone does not feel comfortable respect that. My DH would be furious if I treated him that way.

I would NOT want to be part of that vacation when he realizes what's in his suitcase. :scared1:

I was joking people lol! Trying to add some humor to the thread since some people are freaking out and saying if you put your husband in a matching shirt it is like treating him like a dog. :confused3 Everyone is saying that you have to compromise and I agree, but why is it she who has to compromise and not he? My husband really does not like matching things (unless we are wearing Gator shirts on game day) and I asked him if our family was wearing them would he wear one too and his response was "Yes, as long as it isn't horrible, I'll take one for the team". I don't think you are a weak man to give into your wife and child, I think the opposite actually. I think he is a loving husband. Now if he said No I would tell him he is no fun and drop it but he is a better sport than that. I even got him to wear a matching shirt with me on our honeymoon.

Everyone is saying that you have to compromise and I agree, but why is it she who has to compromise and not he? My husband really does not like matching things (unless we are wearing Gator shirts on game day) and I asked him if our family was wearing them would he wear one too and his response was "Yes, as long as it isn't horrible, I'll take one for the team". I don't think you are a weak man to give into your wife and child, I think the opposite actually. I think he is a loving husband. Now if he said No I would tell him he is no fun and drop it but he is a better sport than that. I even got him to wear a matching shirt with me on our honeymoon.

I think that you know your DH and know that he really doesn't mind wearing a shirt with you. Other people may not feel the same way. I just don't understand why there is so much importance attached to the matching shirt thing. If my DH said that he did not want one, fine.

I got him to wear a DIS green shirt with all of us one time and he was okay with it for me but I know he really hated it. If he had refused I would never have accused him of being no fun, I would have respected that he chose to wear what he wanted. I do know I won't put him in that position again.

It's just a stupid shirt though. You say you don't want to put him in that position again, what position? I mean it's not a life or death major thing. It is a t-shirt. I think the whole thing is silly. I don't like to match or care if we do. I just think people are making a huge deal out of something so trivial. And yes, I would tell my husband he is no fun because we both have a sense of humor! We would laugh. It's called teasing and we happen to do it a lot.

What kind of insecure flake is scared of wearing clothes that match his family?

Real men wear matching shirts. :)

----------

Seriously, though... if your husband is opposed to it then don't push him. It's not the end of the world. Maybe someday he'll develop the confidence not to care what anybody else thinks about what he's wearing. Doing something so easy says that he cares more about what makes his wife happy than about what others might think.

David

Your post is nasty, rude, mean and condesending. My flamblee, I guess you meant family by that, dressed in matching shirts and many, many other people here on the DIS do to and your remarks were insulting to each and everyone of our families. There isn't one person on this thread who said that the OP should make her husband wear something he doesn't want to. Everyone does, and should, have their own preferences and choices, but you do not have to belittle others for their choices. Why would you have to be so mean?

Why are you so defensive?? Why do you care what a bunch of strangers think?

I love matching shirts. I plan to make a few for our June trip. I don't give a heck what others may think about them. When they start paying for our clothes and trips, then their opinions will matter.

I can’t imagine getting upset because some strangers don’t like the way my family dresses. :confused:

I think the boutique outfits are cute on little girls. I feel sorry for the older girls that have to wear them.:sad2:

I loved our color coordinated matching shirts, Dh actually said it made it easier to see each other when we were seperated, I also made him a grumpy shirt that said I dont do matching shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter