DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thank you so much. What were the lines like for meet and greet?

We did the EMM on March 20th and it was a great experience.

We used Disney Transportation and arrived at the park at 7 and were let into the park around 7:20. They allowed those who wanted to go to eat breakfast at the Backlot and held the rest of us in the main area while they set up the stages for the Star Wars performances. At 7:30 the let us go in Toy Story Land. As you can expect most rushed toward Slinky Dog. We on the other hand went to Toy Story Mania and got right on. After we did the meet and greets with Buzz, Woody and Jessie.

By the time we finished with the meet and greets we headed over to Slinky Dog and rode it 3 times in 30 minutes. We then proceeded over to Alien Swirling Saucers. We rode it once and the Cast Member said we could stay on and we rode it again. After exiting the ride we went back to Toy Story Mania. We got on about 8:57 and by the time we exited the ride, the park opened to the public. The line at 9:05 for slinky dog extended past Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

We bypassed the breakfast as my little girl ( 7 years old) couldnt wait to get over to Rockin Roller Coaster.

For us who dont make it to Disney World very often ( last there Oct 2016), this was extremely worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

So you were allowed to order an extra Entrée to try. They didn’t limit you to one each.
When we went in the fall we had one of each option to share and went back for an extra grits. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the ability to ask for special orders! We hope this is available in September to go again.

So you were allowed to order an extra Entrée to try. They didn’t limit you to one each.

I know others have responded to you but I also wanted to chime in and say that DH and I walked up to order together and were lost so we obviously didnt know what we could order - both DH and I ordered the chicken n' waffles and the kids meal scrambled eggs. The cashier said we could order whatever we wanted - and then the drinks and sides were on the buffet....

the food was DELICIOUS!!!

DH was SUPER impressed and that he and I alone ordered almost $40 in food and it was included...such the "deal" according to him...whatever it takes I say!

What is the best way to arrive at HS for the party before 7am? We are staying at the contemporary.

I've never used Lyft cars or minnie Vans but I will if those are the better options over using the buses or driving ourselves.

What is the best way to arrive at HS for the party before 7am? We are staying at the contemporary.

I've never used Lyft cars or minnie Vans but I will if those are the better options over using the buses or driving ourselves.

I would take Lyft. I say this because the transportation from Contemporary was terrible in September. It was our worst experience with transportation of any trip we've taken.

Our recap for today's EMM at HS:

Success!

Used the bus app to see that the first bus would be at Fort Wilderness at 6:26. It picked up promptly and another bus was right behind to wait for anyone else. Didn't note when we arrived but we were plenty early.

Had pastries, fruit, yogurt and drinks before heading to wait to be released into Toy Story Land.

Rode TSM, Saucers, Slinky x2, then TSM again, met Buzz. Could have done more but Slinky made me slightly motion sick so we called it good.

I wish I could properly explain the site of the rope drop crowd coming in TSL...it was both vaguely frightening and impressive at the same time. The cast members did a great job walking everyone in. I wasn't prepared and was looking at toys at a kiosk with our little one when they descended, grabbed her and ran across the path to get back to our stroller. We would have been stuck for a while!

Rain held out until about 10 minutes (?) after EMM was over. I truly felt sorry for the hoards who rope dropped. It was really coming down good for a while. I checked the wait times a little later in the morning and Slinky was down. I'm afraid those folks did not have a very good morning.

Went back and had entrees and more drinks. We liked the chicken/donuts and the sweet potato barrels.

All in all we had a great time and felt it was well worth it! Without EMM, Toy Story Land would have been a bit of bust for us. No way would we have waited in that line for Slinky.

Thanks to all for your recaps and advice!

Last edited:
Wow @MaggieBags, I looked at the radar this AM and figured this mornings EMM would be a disaster! Sounds like the timing was just perfect vs Mother Nature. Thanks for posting!

I wish I could properly explain the site of the rope drop crowd coming in TSL...it was both vaguely frightening and impressive at the same time. The cast members did a great job walking everyone in. I wasn't prepared and was looking at toys at a kiosk with our little one when they descended, grabbed her and ran across the path to get back to our stroller. We would have been stuck for a while!

I wish anyone planning on RDing SDD would see what those leaving a TSL EMM have seen! They would very quickly realize the error of their ways.

I wish anyone planning on RDing SDD would see what those leaving a TSL EMM have seen! They would very quickly realize the error of their ways.

But if planned properly it can work. Last September when I had a short three night trip that was one of my options in order to get to ride SDD. They did let us back into TSL about 8:45. The ride camera wasn’t working so I don’t have the exact time I rode SDD but my photo from ToT is time stamped 9:37 am. Consider the length of time for walking over (and I stopped for the bathroom I remember) preshow, loading and ride before the photo I must have been on and off SDD within the first 15-20 minutes.

However I booked DAH for HS on my last trip and EMM for my next, plus have been able to get FP so no need to repeat the RD crush again!!!!

If you have your car anyway than driving yourself isn’t terrible for HS. I was surprised to discover they were taking payment that early for parking (not a factor if you’re onsite), but there was no traffic, we parked in the first row of the lot, and then it’s a few minutes walk to the gate.

But if planned properly it can work. Last September when I had a short three night trip that was one of my options in order to get to ride SDD. They did let us back into TSL about 8:45. The ride camera wasn’t working so I don’t have the exact time I rode SDD but my photo from ToT is time stamped 9:37 am. Consider the length of time for walking over (and I stopped for the bathroom I remember) preshow, loading and ride before the photo I must have been on and off SDD within the first 15-20 minutes.

However I booked DAH for HS on my last trip and EMM for my next, plus have been able to get FP so no need to repeat the RD crush again!!!!

You must have been at the front of the crowd! The last time we did EMM the line for SDD was to
VotLMM before it settled down, and then very shortly after that was back to the left side of the Chinese theater. It was amazing, and I can’t believe anyone would wait in that.
It’s a fun ride, but IMO no ride is worth that much time in line :crazy2:!

You must have been at the front of the crowd! The last time we did EMM the line for SDD was to
VotLMM before it settled down, and then very shortly after that was back to the left side of the Chinese theater. It was amazing, and I can’t believe anyone would wait in that.

I was at front. Think I got there at 7:30 a.m. So yes I waited a while but I always use my rope drop wait times to communicate back home before I am go go go all day.

I think it's become much worse since September as well.

We did EMM late November and one late February and both times the RD crowds were beyond belief.

Any idea when the September dates will be available to purchase? Assuming it will follow the Monday/Wednesday pattern. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter