did the dis hire BigFatPanda?

If it was true and cleared with the person leaving, how could there be any exposure at all? And exposure to what? A lawsuit over an agreed to statement on parting of the ways?
Its a matter of policy. Making an exception for those leaving on good terms establishes a bias where people will assume those not praised had left for nefarious reasons. Better to say nothing at all.

@OKW Lover - agreed it's up to the person departing to say what they want about why they left, as Cory did via FB & Twitter, his call and choice. None of my business, what the reason is but I do know that as "fans" we get invested and want to know what's going on. But hard for "fans" to remember that the DIS and Dreams and everything else that Pete does/owns is a business and you've got to run it like one.

Got to admit - I'm jelly - I've kinda fangirled over him for years. :o
Plus he's "one of my peeps" - a Northeasterner :)
Haha that’s so funny. I always say “he seems like he’s from here.”It’s the accent lol I think he’s great on the show. He’s so positive, even when he’s negative, it’s positive 😂

Its a matter of policy. Making an exception for those leaving on good terms establishes a bias where people will assume those not praised had left for nefarious reasons. Better to say nothing at all.

Seems they were open about Steve leaving the show and moving to Utah (and have him back from time to time, which is very cool). To me, the 'say nothing policy' only creates unnecessary speculation - besides coming off as disrespectful to the departing host and their fans.

Seems they were open about Steve leaving the show and moving to Utah (and have him back from time to time, which is very cool). To me, the 'say nothing policy' only creates unnecessary speculation - besides coming off as disrespectful to the departing host and their fans.

Right. The speculation was already here, and unfortunately, humans skew towards negative assumptions. Other people who have mysteriously disappeared were also assumed to leave under less than pleasant circumstances.

I understand the answer isn't cut and dry, you have to protect yourself and your business, and that when you put personalities on a screen, people get attached (It's been said time and time again that the reason a lot of people tune into shows was we appreciate the candidness and honesty of the group - You get attached to honest, open people) and wonder what happened when they're gone.

There are two different things..

1. Announcing someone has left the company (maybe say you wish them well in a generic way, maybe not)

2. Giving the laundry list of reasons the person left the company.

Number #2 is NEVER appropriate and often illegal. Steve was an exception because both parties agreed to share he was moving to Utah. However, the Dis has often not done #1 either so it takes much longer for the news to spread through the fandom, IMO making it worse dragging it out.

I read second hand things about Pete's solo show. I am not a Patreon so no idea. Basically, if the Dis did #1 better, in a consistent way, we wouldn't end up with people..saying wait..is so and so gone? These rumors get started every time people miss several shows. Heck, I even started to wonder about someone else since I hadn't seen them (they have since reappeared.)

There will always be trolls who are just trying to stir drama up, others are just honstly trying to clarify if they are gone or not. I trust whatever it was others seem to have heard/read. I don't need to know anymore then that and I wish him well.

Last edited:
Steve is also an exception of sorts because he didn’t actually leave, he moved but remained a dreams agent.
I think they mentioned they were discussing it and maybe he did briefly. He is certainly not available now as an agent to request.

Steve got a full time job almost immediately when he got to Utah. He has a career here in Utah. But his wife does work for Dreams still or at least you can request her.

Either way, no question, it has been the most amicable parting since Dustin.

Last edited:
I think they vaguely mentioned they were discussing it and maybe he did briefly. He is certainly not available now as an agent to request.

Steve got a full time job almost immediately when he got to Utah. He has a career here in Utah. But his wife does work for Dreams still or at least you can request her.

Either way, no question, it has been the most amicable parting since Dustin.
Didn’t JL get a fairly good send off? I remember there being a short announcement video which was unique.

Didn’t JL get a fairly good send off? I remember there being a short announcement video which was unique.
Your comment sent me down a rabbit hole trying to remember.

I reread an old thread and what did strike in me is how many posters I miss that have gone different ways - Steve, Phil, Llama, Doug, Bryan, Nikki, Ryan, Cindi and so many others.

Ugh. I miss the lively debates.

Last edited:
He's a good addition but it would be nice if they added someone with young kids since that is a big part of the audience.
Completely agree and it’s almost going in the complete opposite direction. The Kriegers I’m sure are nice people, but they are becoming a bigger part of everything DIS and almost come across as anti-children.

What people are missing is that Dis Unplugged and the othe YouTube channels are part of a business. In order for a business to survive they need to satisfy the needs and wants of their customers. I see the changing demographic and focus on the YouTube channels as a reflection of whats happening behind the scenes with the type of people who are using the services of Dreams Unlimited Travel and Petes other business. They are creating content and having on camera people to specifically target the type of people who are currently, in 2022 their customers.

On the other hand, there is a segment of people who watch the shows because they have an interest in Disney but who in 2022 are not going to Disney parks, cruises etc and are not the same type of people who are current customers of Dreams Unlimited.

They can't identify with the current on screen people and the content currently being produced. They want to see content and people THEY can relate to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter