Dining Swap Interest Thread

rlovew

DIS Veteran
I am trying to determine how to set-up this swap:

1- We can do it by area and each person can choose a restaurant and do 2 elements for that one. Areas would probably be by park, a group for character meals, a group for signature places, and a group for resorts.

2- We can do the more popular places and everyone can choose 1 element for it. I would probably include the character meals and then also a few of the other more popular places.

3- We can do a combination of both with groups for many of the meals and then groups for other areas to get in the other spots people eat.

4- Does anyone want a group for food and wine festival/Disney dining plan(general things)/any other specail events?

Rebecca

I like the idea of setting up the groups by specific restaurant and letting each person pick an element to make for it. There are a lot of restaurants, but that way you don't get back items for restaurants you don't go to. And, if there are some groups that stay small, you could always combine at that point?? That's my vote, but whatever you decide is good with me!! :thumbsup2 I want to play either way!

I also like the idea of specific restaurants with the elements too. That way people won't get items they can't use.

I'm unlikely to have and Disney meals to scrap in the short term :sad2: but it sounds a great swap and if I had a trip planned I'd be in;)

If we want to do specific places which ones are people most interested?

Character dining:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
O'Hana's Breakfast
Chef Mickey's
Akerhaus
Garden Grill
Cape May Buffet
Garden Grove (at the Swan- weekend only character buffet)
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine

Other Popular Venues:
O'hanas
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Boma

Would anyone be interested in a signature dining group where each person does 2 elements from a place of their choice (each different)?

Would anyone be interested in a general Disney dining group (things you can get anywhere on property but are Disney specific) such as Mickey waffles?

Does anyone want me to include specific places from Disneyland- if so what places (I have never been)?

If we want to do specific places which ones are people most interested?

Character dining:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
O'Hana's Breakfast
Chef Mickey's
Akerhaus
Garden Grill
Cape May Buffet
Garden Grove (at the Swan- weekend only character buffet)
Hollywood and Vine

Other Popular Venues:
O'hanas
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Boma

Would anyone be interested in a signature dining group where each person does 2 elements from a place of their choice (each different)?

Would anyone be interested in a general Disney dining group (things you can get anywhere on property but are Disney specific) such as Mickey waffles?

Does anyone want me to include specific places from Disneyland- if so what places (I have never been)?

For character I've been / will go back to:
Royal Table, Crystal Palace, 1900 PF, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, Donald's, Akershus and Garden Grill.

For the regular I've been / will go back to:
50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi.

What about T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe and Backyard Bar-B-Q?

I don't have photos from my sig dining meals, so it's a no for me.

I would definitely be interested in doing a general Disney dining group. Mickey waffles are my favorite!!! Would you be adding things like Mickey ice cream bars there too?

I would be interested in:

Character dining:
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
Akerhaus
Garden Grill
Hollywood and Vine

Sci-Fi Dine In

Would anyone be interested in a general Disney dining group (things you can get anywhere on property but are Disney specific) such as Mickey waffles? Yes

Yes!!

Character Dining:
Goofy's Kitchen
Ariels Grotto
Plaza Inn
PCH Grill
StoryTellers Cafe

Blue Bayou- not a character
Pizza Om Mow Mow
Pizza Planet

I cant think of much more.

Could we add DTD places too? Rainforest Cafe, T-rex, Planet Hollywood etc?

I'd be interested in:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's

and definately a general disney group! Also Pizza planet is a really cool idea! we eat there every disney trip!

I'm interested in:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Garden Grill

Other Popular Venues:
O'hanas

Would anyone be interested in a signature dining group where each person does 2 elements from a place of their choice (each different)? Not now

Would anyone be interested in a general Disney dining group (things you can get anywhere on property but are Disney specific) such as Mickey waffles? Yes

Yes! lol .. mostly the generic .. but Goofys Kitchen .. Ariels Grotto .. all the main ones .. but I think the general eating one would be the best ..

When do you think the due dates would be?!

I'm interested in dining in WDW and DLR. I see JohnsonsLoveDisney also listed some DLR. Rachel & I will be going to Ariel's Grotto & Plaza Inn next week. And I have 3 WDW trips to scrap still and I think we have pics from most of the character meals there. Specifically:
CRT
Akershus
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey

I would also be interested in a general dining group. Rain Forest Cafe might also be fun.

The dues date will be in October- sometime after the 2nd Sunday of the month (I have a major event then so I don't want to have to sort until after that).

Rebecca

I would definitely be interested in doing a general Disney dining group. Mickey waffles are my favorite!!! Would you be adding things like Mickey ice cream bars there too?

Evedryone would choose something they want to do that could go for general Disney dining- so a Ice Cream Bar is definately a possibility.

Rebecca

I don't know how you feel about this idea, but I'll throw it out there...

For the Resort swap hosted by Hopemax we all used the same set of colors of Bazzill cardstock 9specified for each group) for our elements. I loved how it turned out because everything mixes and matches within a group so well. It's very easy to put a page together.

I'm going on past experience from the dining swap last year. I found it tough to use things together from a character meal/restaraunt group because there were so many different elements and some were vastly different colors etc.

Would you consider making groups use a set of Bazzill colors?

AND YES I would love food specific Disney items--Dole Whips, Zebra Domes, Tonga Toast, Mickey waffles, Mickey ice cream bars...what else guys?

I don't know how you feel about this idea, but I'll throw it out there...

For the Resort swap hosted by Hopemax we all used the same set of colors of Bazzill cardstock 9specified for each group) for our elements. I loved how it turned out because everything mixes and matches within a group so well. It's very easy to put a page together.

I'm going on past experience from the dining swap last year. I found it tough to use things together from a character meal/restaraunt group because there were so many different elements and some were vastly different colors etc.

Would you consider making groups use a set of Bazzill colors?

AND YES I would love food specific Disney items--Dole Whips, Zebra Domes, Tonga Toast, Mickey waffles, Mickey ice cream bars...what else guys?

Traci - I second that idea...that stuff looked great together! And, it made my shopping trip (online) so much easier!!!

i might take an interest in this :rolleyes1 not a definate yet though

i'd be interested in:

Boardwalk Bakery

general Disney favorites (mickey waffles, mickey bars, anything that would cross over onto DCL)

Food and Wine Festival

i'll keep thinking and edit after i peruse my previous trip pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter