DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Hi all. We just decided to attend a couple of days ago so I'm catching up on everything. We are essentially flying down for the party. We'll get in on the 31st and leave on the 2nd so not much time for meet ups and such unfortunately. The one thing we will need, though is transportation back to Pop after the party. If there's a place to organize that, count us in. There are 3 of us. This will be the first time in over 20 years that we are coming to Disney without our own car so this is foreign territory to us.
It's gonna be a Pop party! I also am coming in the 31st and leaving the 2nd.

On the day a lot of us are doing AK, I just figured out that I "might" be able to get to the 4 p.m. Finding Nemo - The Musical if anyone would like to join my Dad and I in stand-by? I'm only guessing this since I have a FP for Flight of Passage from 2:35 p.m.-3:35 p.m. If I get in line at 2:30 (check-in 5 minutes early for FP), I should be able to make it depending on how packed they fill the FP lines. Let me know if anyone would like to join me.

I think we should have a support group for those that can't attend. Can someone livestream the Epcot party? I need to be there. I'm still hoping Kathy does the Flatties again. I really want to see Jody Benson (Ariel) and the fireworks. Illuminations is my favorite firework show. Llama, I'm confused in this thread you are inviting us to your place yet in another thread you are stating you are getting restraining order against us. hmmmm I didn't know there were many different types of food in KY. Before I turned vegetarian we mostly had my grandma's homemade fried chicken. (If I'm honest that is the one food that was tough for me to give up) I know the rest of the family likes to go to the steak restaurants but there isn't much diversity in food around where the family is from. I do know there is Mexican food but where is the Greek and Middle Eastern places?

P.S. Wrote this before I realized that it was a while back in the thread that the loser group was discussed. Opps!!

Last edited:
I arrive 5/29 leave on the 6/5

(Still reading all the threads.) Only solid plan is the dis20 on the 1st.

I think we should have a support group for those that can't attend. Can someone livestream the Epcot party? I need to be there. I'm still hoping Kathy does the Flatties again. I really want to see Jody Benson (Ariel) and the fireworks. Illuminations is my favorite firework show. Llama, I'm confused in this thread you are inviting us to your place yet in another thread you are stating you are getting restraining order against us. hmmmm I didn't know there were many different types of food in KY. Before I turned vegetarian we mostly had my grandma's homemade fried chicken. (If I'm honest that is the one food that was tough for me to give up) I know the rest of the family likes to go to the steak restaurants but there isn't much diversity in food around where the family is from. I do know there is Mexican food but where is the Greek and Middle Eastern places?

P.S. Wrote this before I realized that it was a while back in the thread that the loser group was discussed. Opps!!

I think we should rename the not able to attend group as "The participating in spirit" group. You are not a group of losers as you are part of the DIS.

A5/28 D 6/3
There are 3 of us for the party and 1 additional for other events.
We are interested in some meets/events
DISapalooza was the last time we came down so we are hoping to experience a lot of the new offerings.
We are driving down so we will have a car and are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but... arriving 5/30, leaving 6/3, staying at Old Key West. Will be at AK on 5/30, MK on 5/31, Epcot on 6/1. No plans otherwise. Lots of Trader Sam's would be a good prediction. And maybe Jellyrolls :)

Llama, I'm confused in this thread you are inviting us to your place yet in another thread you are stating you are getting restraining order against us.

The invitation stands. The restraining order is only if I'm ever added to the DIS cast. Which I won't. They know better than to do that.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but... arriving 5/30, leaving 6/3, staying at Old Key West. Will be at AK on 5/30, MK on 5/31, Epcot on 6/1. No plans otherwise. Lots of Trader Sam's would be a good prediction. And maybe Jellyrolls :)

G, of all the people in attendance, you're one who doesn't need to *find* a party. The party always finds you.

Awesome! I think the first post has some summaries of the unofficial plans planned so far ... I know a bunch of us plan to be at Trader Sam's on the First around 7pm

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
- Option #:1
- Disboards name: disneysteve
- How many in your group: 3
We have FPs for the 9:15 ROL showing.

We also want to give the option to coordinate with others if several people want to make AK a full day meet-up. For those of you interested, please post below:

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Fuzzy on this as we are arriving that afternoon but hopefully by 4pm
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: Flight of Passage 5:50pm
- Dining reservations acquired: None. We are a counter-service family

- Option #: 1
- Disboards name: OKMinnie
- How many in your group: 1

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: between 5 - 6 pm
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired:
Kilimanjaro : 6:05 pm
Flight of Passage : 7:25 pm
Rivers of Light : 8:35 pm​
- Dining reservations acquired: none

Excited to meet everyone!

- Option #: 1
- Disboards name: OKMinnie

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: between 5 - 6 pm
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired:
Kilimanjaro : 6:05 pm
Flight of Passage : 7:25 pm
Rivers of Light : 8:35 pm​
- Dining reservations acquired: none

Excited to meet everyone!
Glad you will be joining us! :) This is going to be a fun night!

- Option #: 1 (as long as I am able to get a FP for it this Mon. since I'm a local, not staying on property)
- Disboards name: Stefecatzz

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Afternoonish (have not decided exact time yet, will update when I do)
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: None yet
- Dining reservations acquired: None yet, possible QS instead

Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. showing (stand-by):

- Option #: 1 (as long as I am able to get a FP for it this Mon. since I'm a local, not staying on property)
- Disboards name: Stefecatzz

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Afternoonish (have not decided exact time yet, will update when I do)
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: None yet
- Dining reservations acquired: None yet, possible QS instead

Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. showing (stand-by):

I got you down for both. Please let me know if you end up getting a fastpass or not. Glad you will be joining us!

Hey all! Someone over on the official even thread said people were discussing carpooling after the party. I didn't see anything by quickly scrolling, so did I miss it or is that discussion going on in the Facebook group (just sent my request to join)? I will be staying at POP :)

Also, I will be at DAK on 5/31 as well, but I won't be joining in any official meetups. I'm traveling with my brother who is not into the social thing at all so I'm not going to drag him around. I will say hi if I see anyone though! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter