DIS Dads - My Favorite Attraction Is...

stopher1

DIS Veteran
So I thought it would be fun just to post your favorite Disney attraction - regardless of which theme park it resides in. Nothing confrontational about it - just what is YOUR favorite, and why. Feel free to post pictures or other stuff about YOUR favorite attraction too.

I'll start! With the one that should be apparent thanks to my avatar...

The Haunted Mansion

It's just so cool. It's the quintessential dark ride, and the only attraction to be featured in every existing Disneyland/Magic Kingdom-style theme park in a different land!

Disneyland - New Orleans Square - opened August 1, 1969
Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square - opened with the park - October 1, 1971
Tokyo Disneyland - Fantasyland - opened with the park - April 15, 1983
Disneyland Paris - Frontierland - opened with the park - April 15, 1992

and coming in 2012 to Hong Kong Disneyland to yet another new land, though the name of that new land escapes me at the moment

Original Concept artwork by Sam McKim, mid-1960's
2008-0519-106.jpg

Each of the various mansions was designed to fit its individual land's designs with the exception of Tokyo, which was a direct lift from the Walt Disney World version. Disneyland = southern antebellum; Walt Disney World = Hudson river/Dutch stylings; Disneyland Paris = old west

2008-0518-131.jpg

2009-0601-00153.jpg

PhantomManor.jpg

Both Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland "freshen up" the attraction for the holidays - with the seasonal overlay - HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY, which brings the characters and theming of the Tim Burton film, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" into the parks. Since 2001 at Disneyland and 2005 at Tokyo Disneyland, from Labor Day through New Year's, the two holidays of Halloween and Christmas collide in grand fashion both outside and in. The entire experience is similar...yet very, very different. While not my favorite seasonal overlay... it is EXTREMELY popular, and has been known to generate lines 2-3 hours long. Here are a few images from Disneyland...

PB300284.jpg

PB300280.jpg
PB300404.jpg

PB300279.jpg

PB300301-1.jpg
PB300406.jpg

PB300410.jpg

PB300413.jpg

PB300414.jpg

PB300424.jpg

PB300428.jpg
PB300430.jpg

PB300436.jpg

So what about you? What's YOUR favorite?

I realy liked Sorin, but every time I ride it louses a little bit of the charm, to now its not worth it unless you have a fast pass and the waite is like 10 min or less.

Toy Story is probaloy my favorite its fun every time!but the waite time is just too long. Again wont ride it without a fast pass so you have to be at the park before noon if you want one of those.

The Land! I know right!?!?! I love this ride. The smells, the relaxation, the green house, everything. My wife thinks I'm wierd when there are so many other "thrill" rides that should be above this one. Something about this silly ride ALWAYS pulls me to it. Im able to relax, kick my shoes off, and enjoy it for the 13 minutes it takes to do this ride. Plus I like to see what Im going to be eating when I have a meal at The Garden Grille. The food they raise in the green house is served fresh at the GG.

The Land! I know right!?!?! I love this ride. The smells, the relaxation, the green house, everything. My wife thinks I'm wierd when there are so many other "thrill" rides that should be above this one. Something about this silly ride ALWAYS pulls me to it. Im able to relax, kick my shoes off, and enjoy it for the 13 minutes it takes to do this ride. Plus I like to see what Im going to be eating when I have a meal at The Garden Grille. The food they raise in the green house is served fresh at the GG.

I TOTALLY agree! I LOVE that ride!

I like this one. It can be a nice relaxing ride - and it's pretty fun to see how things are grown, etc... especially when they have Mickey shaped items.

Mickey's (Donald's) Phillharmagic

2nd would be Splash Mountian.

3rd is Soarin'

I love it too and if I could work anywhere in Disney World, that is where I'd like to be.

I have to go with Rock n' Rollercoaster for my #1 favorite WDW ride though. I'm a thrill ride junkie and when you combine the takeoff, the fact that it is the only coaster with a loop, the theming and the awesome soundtrack I just have to go with this one. There are several close attractions, but this one edges them out.

I agree with RnR.
However the Tiki Room is my favorite show. Something about the tune and the Tropical Serenade.

Another good thread.

MK - Splash
EPCOT - Mission Space "Don't move a muscle." Favorite overall
DHS - Toy Story Mania
AK - Expedition Everest

Disneyland - Tie between Pirates and Space Mountain. Both way better than ours.

I like CJ's idea... I can run with that. :thumbsup2

MK - Big Thunder Mountain
EPCOT - Living with the Land
DHS - Rock 'n Rollercoaster
AK - Expedition Everest

By park...

Disneyland/Magic Kingdom: The Haunted Mansion
Caliornia Adventure / Epcot: Soarin'
Hollywood Studios: Rock n Roller Coaster
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

Splash mountain is tops for me, just love that one... Unfortunately the last 2 years I went down in January and they closed it both years for the month for refurbishment...

By park...

Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
EPCOT: Soarin'
Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

By Park:

MK: Jungle Cruise
HS: Star Tours
EPCOT: Journey Into Imagination (prob because I STILL haven't done Test Track yet)
AK: Killimanjaro Safari

TL

Splash mountain is tops for me, just love that one... Unfortunately the last 2 years I went down in January and they closed it both years for the month for refurbishment...

January is a typical rehab month for SM due to the cooler temps

By Park…

MK: (tie) Big Thunder / Philharmagic
Epcot: (tie) Mission Space / Soarin'
HS: (tie) Rock n Roller Coaster / Indiana Jones Stunt Show
AK: (tie) Expedition Everest / Dinosaur

Who knew I saw so indecisive…

I like this one. It can be a nice relaxing ride - and it's pretty fun to see how things are grown, etc... especially when they have Mickey shaped items.

Love the land. Went on the Behind the Seeds tour last time which was also fun (or the Living Seeds Tour as I kept calling it much to my children's annoyance)

In general, I prefer the attractions to rides, so

MK: Buzz Lightyear
Epcot: Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure
AK: Pangani Exploration Trail
HS: Animation Academy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter