Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember there was an episode where even Pete was disappointed with the boards for its toxicity. He said something to the effect that he wished he never even started it. Now this sheds new light on things if he contributed to the same thing he claimed to be displeased with. But with all the things coming out about him now we see the irony of it all. Nothing he said was on the up and up.
Do they make money from us writing on these boards? I am assuming they do. If so, does Pete continue to be getting paid until the supposed divestment? I assume he does. So as we are active on the boards and some on patreon, Pete gets income from that still as of today?

I wouldn't be surprised if all content on the vlogs on YouTube with Werner in it are removed as well. A deep scrub if you will. A digital cleansing.....in real life the mafia would call this "disappearing someone". Betting comments and chat turned off for some time on any new content they put out....if they create it. Trying to "manage the damage"......in all the wrong ways.

Not been on here since 2020, I stopped visiting due to the heavy handed moderator Censorship that was a norm on this site. If they disagreed with you that was it a moderator would step in & Censor you no reasons given.
I get that bullying & derogatory comments are not want you want to see on a site like this, but it got wholly out of hand & was far too heavily censored.
If a moderator for no other reason than they're own personal feelings disagreed they censored.
I've been a member since 2013 & watched that censorship get worse over the years, hence ny hiatus from the site for the past 4 years.
Well the site has not changed from the comments that I have read.
I know there is an huge upheaval happening due to the alleged actions of 1 person & the alleged blindness from possibly others.
But at this time there should be more openness & clarity & transparency that webmasterCorey said there would be, but it does not look like that is going to happen.
I'll stay away a while longer & pop back in at a later date, maybe then this site will have addressed the issues & instigated that openness & transparency that is so needs to survive in the future

I wonder if Pete will leave the state of Florida and relocate elsewhere? California? I wonder how many DVC points does he own?
None. He owns none. They’re all financed, and contrary to what the DVC would have you believe, if he is forced to sell now, some, if not most, of them would most likely sell at a loss, which is less than ideal in normal circumstances, much less when you’re a defendant in a $900k court case.

Kathy Werling is an absolute sweetheart. I know her additionally from a craft group were both in. I met her and Teresa and the late Cheshire Figment at a meet at the Pop so long ago that Teresa's kids were little. Kathy's screen name at least back then, was SafetyMom.
I haven't been active on these forums for years. I was pretty active in the trip planning and trip report forums. One group became so close we took it onto a private Facebook group we created and still keep in touch 14 years later.
Wait, are WebmasterKathy and Kathy Werling the same person? I asked someone this privately and was told no they aren't?!

Disboards has been a fantastic resource and avenue for people to discuss and dream about Disney. We all love Disney (even though sometimes is is a love/hate relationship more). This website has been very useful and helpful over the years.
I don't know what the moderators or webmasters do...I imagine it is a tough and thankless job for the most part. Transparency is awesome...but with the legal issues involving many exec members of the community, transparency is probably not advised.
I deal with these issues on a regular basis. Both sides want transparency and claim they have it, but lawyers on both sides will actively advise (behind the scenes) against it - anything can come back and be used against them in a lawsuit. It is not that they don't want transparency - they probably really do, but one wrong post or slip can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is unfortunate, but realistic.
Enjoy the threads about cruising and MNSSHP coming up...but don't expect resolution or transparency on Pete or the rest of the team.

None. He owns none. They’re all financed, and contrary to what the DVC would have you believe, if he is forced to sell now, some, if not most, of them would most likely sell at a loss, which is less than ideal in normal circumstances, much less when you’re a defendant in a $900k court case.
Those Riviera contracts going to take the biggest hit, I believe he bought most of those direct.

How come the thread with antisemitism is still up but the threads calling for everyone to cool down deleted?

Looks like I succeeded into getting my post referenced and mocked at the other site! I made it!

I wouldn't be surprised if all content on the vlogs on YouTube with Werner in it are removed as well. A deep scrub if you will. A digital cleansing.....in real life the mafia would call this "disappearing someone". Betting comments and chat turned off for some time on any new content they put out....if they create it. Trying to "manage the damage"......in all the wrong ways.
With them deleting threads of positivity from Corey, I just don't see any scrubbing happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter