Discounts at Disney Restaurants??

Thanks Daisimae and wdwobsessed for the great information. I vaguely remember Connections being discussed several months ago, but could not remember the details. Would either of you be so kind to post the price for the children's breakfast and lunch certificates, as we have 3 children? I am assuming that every member of our party will need the certificates when we dine at sit-down restaurants like buffets and W-S restaurants. Also, is the 10% and 15% savings on Disney and Universal tickets pre-tax price? Thanks again for the great info!:jester:

Mic,

I am not WDWO or Daisimae, but thanks to WDWO, I joined last week.

The prices for the light and casual tickets(counter service - side order, entree, drink and desert) are $10.50 regardless of age; includes taxes and tip for places like Beaches and Cream.

The prices for the breakfast tkts. (character meals included) is $17 for A and $12 for kids. That includes taxes and tip. We scheduled a late character breakfast 11am at MGM and saved instead of buying the $29 lunch certificate.

Prices for lunch at any sit down restaurant includes, appetizer, entree, desert tax and tip is $29 for A; $12.50 for kids (ages 3-9).

Discounted tkts for movie: $4.50
Discounted tkts for DQ - $23 for A - $19.50 for Kids
Theme Park Passes - 4 day PHP - $196 A / $157 C
5 day PHP - $235A / $188 C

Do the math. You will have to plan out your dining to see when the certificates would be a "great buy". We ordered 15 quick and casual tkts because for some eateries, it is less expensive to buy a "kids meal" other times it isn't.
The movie passes are a great buy if you like to go after 6pm - I think otherwise the matinee's are $5 before 5 or 6pm.

The DQ passes are a great savings at 20% off.

Research your menu options on Deb Will's site and see when the certificates are a good buy.

I must say, Connections is A+ in Customer Service. The reps are so pleasant and stayed on the phone w/me for over 45 min. researching the restaurants I can use them in - btw, you can use them in any WDW owned resorts, theme parks.

Hope this helps!

Thanks WDWO for all your help - you were terrific!:bounce: :bounce:

Do the theme park passes prices (try that 3 times fast!) include tax? Thanks for all the info! I think I'll try the trial membership. The movie tix sound good too! :D :D :D

For the buffets I would say yes, everyone needs a certificate OR to pay for thier meal. Note that for the adults meal at say CP it's 15.95 for Breakfast, however that is before tax and tip. Tax is 6% so that makes it $16.93 then add another 15% for tip adds up to $19.47 and the meal certificate costs $17.50.

Not a huge savings but hey, $2 is $2.

If you eat at a sit down place that is not a buffet I would think sharing perfectly appropriate and that maybe the kids could share yours or whatever.
I see no difference between the certificates or paying for a meal at the time and sharing it.

Ordering my stuff Tommorrow!

My ONE thing I wish - that they had sit down DINNER certificates. Bummer.

Thanks WDWO for taking the time to share the info. After looking over Deb Wills' site, it looks like the lunch certificates would be a good idea for these restaurants because the kids meals are a little pricier than other places, as are the adult entrees: Brown Derby, Coral Reef, Concourse Steakhouse, and Chef's de France(because my kids like eating the "snails" here). I have never shared a meal at either of these restaurants, so I would purchase a certificate for each of us(total of $108 for all 6!). These certificates would also be a good deal in Italy's restaurant for an adult who typically orders an appetizer and a dessert, and in Japan's restaurant(Teppanyaki---great food) for an adult who typically orders a lobster dish and a dessert, but I only do this for the Candlelight Processional package! The breakfast certificates would save a few dollars at the buffets, just like you pointed out, mostly for adults, though, as the kids prices(with a tip) would be about the cost of the certificate. The real savings potential seem to be in the counter service certificates for us because my kids do not like hot dogs or pbj sandwiches, which is all that is offered at some counter service restaurants for kids. The few times we have eaten counter service, my oldest daughters shared an adult meal, and my youngest 2 would order pizza or chicken tenders. I think 4-5 certificates would be enough for a meal for my family, and by the time you figure in drinks with the meal and a dessert, it's a good deal for $10.50. If these certificates are accepted at Beaches and Cream, Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ, Yakitori House,Plaza Pavilion,ABC Commissary, and Diamond Horseshoe Review, I think they are a good deal, and well worth a trial membership. I would not hesitate to let my daughters share a counter service meal, but I don't think they would want to share with me at a sit-down restaurant. I really appreciate you sharing your budget strategies with us WDWO, and I hope my research helps someone other than me, too. :smooth:

Mic,

FYI, the quick and casual certificates are accepted at ALL counter service restaurants in WDW - Beaches, Tusker, Japan, Mexico, Norway, etc........... Some restaurants being a better deal than others. IMVHO, Tusker, Beaches, Pecos and Diamond Horseshoe and Sunshine FoodFair would be good deals on the certificates.

I received my certificates via UPS 2 day delivery today - Fri 6/15 - placed the order on Tuesday 6/12. Very quick processing and delivery. I am not leaving until the end of next week and they state it takes 7 business days AFTER the order is processed (which I was told is usually 2-3 business days). I told them I was leaving the end of next week and was worried that I may not receive the order in time(even with priority delivery). The agent put a supervisor on the line and she was so pleasant saying "we will do the very best possible". I guess they did just that! - it took only 3 days to process and deliver.

We bought DQ passes at $23 each adult, including tax.
Movie passes (12) at $4.50 each - we don't spend as much time at the parks as most families do.
We have AP's for Universal, but DA did not so we bought her a 3 day tkt for $101 - incl. tax. (I contacted Universal to ask about the fan club discounted price on 3 day ticket and that was $113!)

PLUS all the Quick and Casual meal tkts and Character Breakfast tkts which also includes tax and tip!

They are wonderful to deal with and am very pleased. I cannot believe I have never heard of Connections before!

I hope this info helps some of you out there!;)

I just looked over the certificates and they have a complete list on the back where they are accepted. The front of the certificate has the WDW 'registered' logo on it too. Also, if you buy more than you can use or simply want to return any certificates, you may w/o a penalty or restocking fee! You must return the item(s) within 60 days.

This is wonderful! I wanted to thank you all for sharing this information with us. I am sending my elderly father and his wife on their first trip to Disney World but I will not be able to go with them. Dad has cardiac problems. He can not go in the heat of July or August when I am able to go so I am sending them either the last week in April or the first week in May(they'll love the Garden Festival in Epcot). I don't want them to know how much it costs. I can kinda hide everything from them but I was worried about meals. They would try to save the money I gave them for meals to give back to me (Depression Era babies)! This is an answer to a prayer for me!
Thank you!:bounce:
Meal tickets will make them feel like they should use them up and not waste them! I didn't want to get a package deal that included meals because of the added expense of the packages. Thank you again!

Has anyone used the park passes? Any problems getting in? Anyone buy a 4-day Hopper? Disney doesn't offer one. :confused:

Teacher,

I don't think you have anything to worry about! The meal certificates have the "Official" WDW registered logo on it and the package info has pixs of Disney in them. This is all very legit!

pixie dust gal -- please let us know your experiences with the certificates when you get back. sounds like a great deal!

Can anyone tell if the lunch coupons are good for Fultons, Portobello Yacht Club or Captain Jacks at Downtown Disney? If so, whooo would that save a bunch of $$$!!

This Connections program sounds very interesting and thanks to all who have given so much great information.

My question is - do the WDW dining certificates have expiration dates on them?

Thanks!
Liz

Just wondering what kind of desserts you get with these coupons. Are they the regular desserts or are they ice cream and jello. How about at Beaches and Cream? Can you order a special sundae???????

Saffron,

I will check those restaurants for you - check back later.;)

Travelliz, the coupons I purchased this week expire 5/02.

KPatches - I was told that you can order any desert that is offered at the counter or restaurant.

If you could see the quick and casual coupon, you would understand a little better. Let me try to explain.

It has on the top "Quick and Casual Lunch or Dinner"
at the
Walt Disney World Resort
(The WDW info is done in Disney's trademark 'print' and with their registered logo.

Then it has a serial number on each ticket and at the bottom of the certificate the server at the counter/restaurant writes down the "value" of the meal.

It reads:

THIS DINING CERTIFICATE IS VALID DURING LUNCH OR DINNER DURING NORMAL OPERATING HOURS AT A PARTICIPATING RESTAURANT LOCATION LOCATED WITHIN THE WDW RESORT AND INCLUDES YOUR CHOICE OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

...one combo meal (entree. side dish and beverage)
or
...one entree, one side dish (if not included in the entree) one desert and one non-alcoholic beverage.

"THIS CERTIFICATE IS ONLY VALID AT ONE OF THE PARTICIPATING LOCATIONSLISTED ON THE BACK OF THIS CERTIFICATE. APPLICABLE TAX AND GRATUITIES ARE INCLUDED. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, FROZEN DRINKS AND SOUVENIR DRINK MUGS ARE NOT INCLUDED. PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE W/O NOTICE.

I am leaving the end of next week, I will post back when I return on how they worked. Daisimae posted a short while back that she used all her certificates and was not turned away from any eateries.

I think it is worth a try............... I will let you all know.:D

Thank you so much pixie dust gal! This is just too cool! It would be so nice to have all of our meals taken care of ahead of time. I feel alot better about sending my dad with vouchers instead of cash! I can even surprise my friend and her family with a character breakfast or lunch! I am so glad I read this thread and I am so thankful for the information!

Have a wonderful trip pixie dust gal!

Saffron,

What a sweet daughter you are! I am sure your dad will be so surprised too!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter