Disney+ and Satan

I wonder why it is perfectly fair game to trample over one groups beliefs because the other thinks their beliefs are the “right” ones.
I wonder why it is perfectly fair game to trample over one groups beliefs because the other thinks their beliefs are the “right” ones.
That’s not trampling over anyone’s beliefs. That’s pointing out hypocrisy & irony.

Maybe they should go back to terrible depictions of non-white people. Maybe they should go back to princesses only being damsels in distress. Maybe they should should attempt to union bust if the workers don't like their wages or conditions. Maybe they should accuse union leaders of being communists before Congress. I mean, that was Walt's Disney. He was a complex man that you can't easy fit into a box. But Walt's Disney wasn't a panacea. People have got to stop holding onto the past and that includes the Disney corporation.
I’m pretty sure that is what some ppl are referring to as family-friendly & wholesome 🤣.

Walt was, by most accounts, a raging anti-Semite. Most people don't want to hear that.

Disney sure does a good job of controlling their narrative.

Well there are a lot of us who don’t think any of that nonsense is real anyway. Sometimes bad ppl so bad things. And that’s all.
Exactly, a good portion of the population think Satan is just as fictional as a Mother Gothel or Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. This show is no different.

I don't know about you but Hans was pretty despicable and nobody was up in arms about what he did to Anna and that movie was a hit.

What's interesting to me is that so many people who claim to know a lot about Walt Disney consistently conflate his mission for the studios with his mission for the parks. His vision for the *parks* was that they should be completely family-friendly, but no such goal was ever part of the mission for the studio.

Walt never believed that animation was just for children; he regarded it as a challenging art form that was of interest to all, and Fantasia is just one example of that (albeit something of a marketing flagship. Remember that Fantasia was a concept for a series; it was supposed to be an ongoing art project that married the best in classical music to the best in animation arts; and it was NOT created with children in mind. That artsy high-mindedness is why it didn't succeed commercially, but I'd argue that as an example of the filmmakers art, both the original and the sequel are very impressive.)

While I am a fan of Disney, I am not a big fan of a lot of things Disney has done when it comes to it's shows on Disney+ or some of it's movies lately. But with that said, it's not my place to tell others what they should or should not enjoy with Disney. If I don't like something, I just choose not to watch it or pay to go see it. I know that there are plenty who do and will choose to watch it. I have no doubt there are things I like that others may not like.

Well, for me, it's not really just about this particular case. It's just part of something bigger. This type of content has been around for a while, so I'm not shocked by it. And, yes, I've taken the approach of 'don't like it, don't watch it.' As I mentioned, some feel strongly about certain topics that others are fine with. One issue then becomes: who gets to decide which issues are more important and require action? I don't have any sway either way. I have my beliefs, and my intent was more of an invitation to discuss them privately with anyone who is interested in a different view, as I want to respect the rules of the forum.
It is simple.

Disney is a private company so they get to decide what they offer on their streaming services.

Any action would be a customer deciding whether to continue buying it or not, watch or not.

This crosses over all businesses, entertainment, services, churches etc that are private entities. THEY get to decide what they are offering and the "customer" decides which they want to participate in. That is the action.

It is simple.

Disney is a private company so they get to decide what they offer on their streaming services.

Any action would be a customer deciding whether to continue buying it or not, watch or not.

This crosses over all businesses, entertainment, services, churches etc that are private entities. THEY get to decide what they are offering and the "customer" decides which they want to participate in. That is the action.

Yes, absolutely. That's what I meant when I said I don't have any sway either way. But, it was less about who gets to actually make the decision to change, and more about who gets to decide if someone's outside opinion is valid. I wouldn't expect a private company to cater to my every whim and belief. Actually, that's the opposite of what I'd want. I suppose I could have worded that better, and apologize for any confusion. We all have different beliefs. I wouldn't judge someone for there's and I wouldn't want to be judged for mine.

I'd imagine a lot of us also feel Disney is now constantly being attacked from people on a certain side of the aisle and in a very political way. So we're quick to defend something we love especially from people who baselessly claim things about the motivations of the company.

Last edited:
I agree that things shouldn't be banned or boycotted to fit a personal agenda. No one seems to remember, but boycotts of Chik FilA and Hobby Lobby were happening a few years ago for the opposite reason as what's happening now. And things like removing Confederate statues are no different, but somehow people on the other side justify those bans with "better" reasons that, of course, fit their own personal agendas.
Um... that is a very different subject than deciding not to shop at a business.

I guess I didn't realize just how forgiving people on the disboards could be. I care about my grandchildren and how they have to nagivate the world. I actually posted this thread just to see how bad things have gotten.

OP, I too have lately been going through a phase of "***?!" re: politics, morals, my country (the US). We may or may not agree on the specifics, but I just wanted to say that I hear your frustration and your concern for your family. And I cansee myself hearing about some random piece of media that seems to be the nail in the coffin and hyper focusing on it.

I think the more civilized honest conversations we can have, the better

I wasn't referring to Disney+ I was referring to more people normalizing evil.
I think you are overreacting with the statement "normalizing evil". Don't know what you mean by normalizing? Accepting it exists and pocking fun at it?? Best way to combat evil is ti accept it 1. exists 2. look at it in the eye... The storyline sounds actually quiet interesting. Could be superficial like buffy the vampire ( vampire are evil but then can be hot) or typical German artsy-fartsy getting real storyline maybe this relationship questions her beliefs and or strenghtens them whatever... sounds interesting to me...

for the record. in order for streaming services to stream US shows in the EU Netflix/D+ etc... a certain % of content needs to be produced/filmed within the EU. It will most likely be avail in the US too. Most of the Germany stuff here on Netflx is available also in the US. Not sure what platform Disney will put it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter