Disney Career Start Parent Thread

Oh- and how am I going to get back to Old Key West (which is where we are staying the night or 2 before check in)? If he is busy- I won't have a car. :confused3

We are also staying at Old Key West. We will have plenty of room since we are actually taking two vehicles, we can take you back to OKW if you need a ride:thumbsup2

We were arent sure where we are staying at right this moment. I think we need to figure it out so i can book it ...lol, but we are coming up Tuesday morning or afternoon and leaving Saturday ... :) I know we wonts see Nichele much ... so it will be just me and hubby for a few days:)

We decided to make it a full week since we won't be seeing Steph for a long time. We arrive Sunday and we leave the following Sunday. Steph is hoping that she completes Traditions while we are still there so I can take a picture of her going through the park turnstiles using her cast ID. (I did this for a friend of mine the first time she was able to use her ID-sort of a right of passage-she will officially belong to the Disney Family). :goodvibes

We decided to make it a full week since we won't be seeing Steph for a long time. We arrive Sunday and we leave the following Sunday. Steph is hoping that she completes Traditions while we are still there so I can take a picture of her going through the park turnstiles using her cast ID. (I did this for a friend of mine the first time she was able to use her ID-sort of a right of passage-she will officially belong to the Disney Family). :goodvibes

We are lucky we live only a few hours away ... so if Nichele gets homesick or if i get homesick for her i can see her..lol. I prolly will be calling more then her ..lol She is my only daughter and first one to leave (we have 2 younger sons).

I love that idea about taking a pic of her first time going thur the turnstiles using her casting ID. I hope you are able to take it, that there done with Traditions in time. I think they should be done Friday.

Steph is hoping that she completes Traditions while we are still there so I can take a picture of her going through the park turnstiles using her cast ID. (I did this for a friend of mine the first time she was able to use her ID-sort of a right of passage-she will officially belong to the Disney Family). :goodvibes
That sounds wonderful- and so special!
I'm not sure I will be staying all that long- but we'll see. Hubby can only stay until Tuesday morning- so he won't even get to see the actual apartment at check in. He's making sure he plans the time for January pick up (but the way Nick is thinking- he may not be coming home then ;))

Do they get any more "official" information from Disney before they arrive? Itinerary for the first couple of days, etc.? Or is it all wait and see?

I'm not sure I will be staying all that long- but we'll see. Hubby can only stay until Tuesday morning- so he won't even get to see the actual apartment at check in. He's making sure he plans the time for January pick up (but the way Nick is thinking- he may not be coming home then ;))

Do they get any more "official" information from Disney before they arrive? Itinerary for the first couple of days, etc.? Or is it all wait and see?

Your yellow folder is your "officialz" info from Disney. You will get more at check-in day... Make sure u print out your reciept cuz it has registration code. Nichele is just bringing her yellow folder with everything in it so she has it all together:)

does the intern program offer anything in the photography field?

The college program does but career start does not offer that role. CP's can be photopass photographers.

Hello =} My daughter was accepted and will be working full serve. Looking forward to figuring it all out so they can all have a great time =} Her name on the boards is myanimeworld149.

Hello =} My daughter was accepted and will be working full serve. Looking forward to figuring it all out so they can all have a great time =} Her name on the boards is myanimeworld149.

Congratulations on your daughter getting in. I know they will all have a great time.

Just wondering if any of your kids will have their car down in Florida. Stephanie will be taking her car but I am not sure how many others will and what type of parking availability there is.

My son is taking his car.
I have heard the parking is readily available and free at the apartments and they get free parking at WDW for work as well.

Nick's car has many, many miles on it. He has a 1992 Toyota! We think it will do OK for work, but worry about the trip down and back- so we are sending it down on the Amtrak Autotrain with Hubby. We will meet him in Orlando on 8/30.

Then when the program is over- we will reverse the process to get the car home.

Just wondering if any of your kids will have their car down in Florida. Stephanie will be taking her car but I am not sure how many others will and what type of parking availability there is.

There is plenty of parking at the apartments and at work locations.

Im not sure if Nichele will be bringing her car or not ... we are still thinking about it ... Where we live its a SMALL town .. no real traffic .. she has NEVER really drove in busy traffic ... i think its goin to be hard enough for her to adjust without adding learning how to drive in busy areas ... so we are still thinking about it :)

My daughter Megan is not bringing her car to much millage on it, I wish she would get online and finds some kids that are I know that she would go half on the gas. And then that way they are not just depending on the Bus to get them where they need to go. Would any kids be willing to do that

My daughter Megan is not bringing her car to much millage on it, I wish she would get online and finds some kids that are I know that she would go half on the gas. And then that way they are not just depending on the Bus to get them where they need to go. Would any kids be willing to do that

I'm sure there will be kids who will offer to carpool. It will all depend on their work locations and schedules- it seems they vary quite a bit. But I am sure more than one person will be going to a certain park or resort each day.
At least they have options! :thumbsup2

We're letting his car go to Florida- with fingers crossed it makes it through the program! We are very happy he has AAA and other options.

I am sure there will be plenty of kids to do that. Has your daughter joined the CareerStart Thread? All the kids are getting to know each other really well and are already planning things.

No she has not got online, between going to school and working everynight she is very busy i will see if she has any days off this weekend . So that she can go online.

Thanks

Lisa

:yay:

hey so has your son joined our group?? i want to start meeting more guys doing the program (lookin for roomies) :yay: btw my name is nicolas toooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter