Disney Career Start Parent Thread

yup yup :) Its exciting how we have all been talking to each other and making plans to meet up in Orlando...hopefully she will join us!! :goodvibes
I am so glad she is meeting people on here! And I am encouraging her to come on more and open up more! She is very out-going once she meets people but is very shy and self-conscious at first...hmmm, sounds like someone I know.:rolleyes1 She is worried about "what if people don't like me?", "what if I can't find places?", "what if everyone hates me?"...I tell her that everyone is in the same boat of not knowing each other and everyone has gone through so much to be there so you know you all have at least one thing in common! I am really encouraging her to join in on plans that you all make...I am jealous because they sound so fun! She is worried about being pushy...I would worry about the same things if I were in her shoes so I understand but I want her to have the best time! Thanks to you and everyone else she is meeting for being so friendly!

I am so glad she is meeting people on here! And I am encouraging her to come on more and open up more! She is very out-going once she meets people but is very shy and self-conscious at first...hmmm, sounds like someone I know.:rolleyes1 She is worried about "what if people don't like me?", "what if I can't find places?", "what if everyone hates me?"...I tell her that everyone is in the same boat of not knowing each other and everyone has gone through so much to be there so you know you all have at least one thing in common! I am really encouraging her to join in on plans that you all make...I am jealous because they sound so fun! She is worried about being pushy...I would worry about the same things if I were in her shoes so I understand but I want her to have the best time! Thanks to you and everyone else she is meeting for being so friendly!

Tell her we love pushy any and every idea is welcome I mean I post in the Career Start thread for no reason sometimes! Like I just asked what's every ones favorite Disney movie song. I'm sure most people will like her...(not everyone because that's impossible but a lot more will than won't)

Hi!

We bought a comforter and sheets this afternoon and she got so scared because it kind of makes it real!

Thanks!

I'm new here - and my son hasn't actually gotten in yet - but why does everyone seem to be buying new comforters and sheets, rather than using what they already have at home? Sounds like this might be an expensive program before we even get started - lol :teacher:

I'm new here - and my son hasn't actually gotten in yet - but why does everyone seem to be buying new comforters and sheets, rather than using what they already have at home? Sounds like this might be an expensive program before we even get started - lol :teacher:

Most people have a bigger bed than a twin bed at home. I have a queen so giving up for a twin is going to be brutal...:laughing:

My daughter has a full size bed so the sheets most definitely will not fit on a twin. We don't plan on getting anything expensive and usually in the summer there are a great deal of sales for college dorm supplies!!

Caitie's aren't expensive! Just from Wal-mart. We got them as a congratulations present for getting into the program. She has had her eye on them for a while now and they are just cutesy Disney bedding...nothing fancy. And her old sheets here at home are OLD!

Caitie's aren't expensive! Just from Wal-mart. We got them as a congratulations present for getting into the program. She has had her eye on them for a while now and they are just cutesy Disney bedding...nothing fancy. And her old sheets here at home are OLD!

My daughter has a full size bed too but we do have some twin sheets that are my sons and she DEFINETELY does NOT want to use them ..:rotfl: and there pretty old too ...:) we got her some Disney sheets and comforter from Walmart not to expensive.. and we are picking up little things here and there ... i figure we have 4 months to get everything... i believe that is plenty of time ( i hope ..:laughing:)

My daughter has a full size bed too but we do have some twin sheets that are my sons and she DEFINETELY does NOT want to use them ..:rotfl: and there pretty old too ...:) we got her some Disney sheets and comforter from Walmart not to expensive.. and we are picking up little things here and there ... i figure we have 4 months to get everything... i believe that is plenty of time ( i hope ..:laughing:)

Yeah...I think Caitie got new sheets probably when she was around 10 or so! :rolleyes1 And I understand about the brother's sheets! :rotfl2: What sheets did you get your daughter? Caitie got the ones inspired by Cinderella. She has been hinting around for those since she first saw them!

That's what we are going to do, too...pick up stuff a little at a time. I hope we can get everything by the time she is supposed to be there! I don't want to be at the end of a trip AND making trips to the Wal-mart down there to get stuff!:scared1: We are going to get a couple of the big plastic boxes next week (next paycheck) and start putting the stuff she will need in those so we can see where she is at and what she will need. Plus, those will be easy to pack up for going down and for coming back!

Yeah...I think Caitie got new sheets probably when she was around 10 or so! :rolleyes1 And I understand about the brother's sheets! :rotfl2: What sheets did you get your daughter? Caitie got the ones inspired by Cinderella. She has been hinting around for those since she first saw them!

That's what we are going to do, too...pick up stuff a little at a time. I hope we can get everything by the time she is supposed to be there! I don't want to be at the end of a trip AND making trips to the Wal-mart down there to get stuff!:scared1: We are going to get a couple of the big plastic boxes next week (next paycheck) and start putting the stuff she will need in those so we can see where she is at and what she will need. Plus, those will be easy to pack up for going down and for coming back!

We got Nichele sheet from Kmart ...not Walmart ..lol .. my daughter reminded me when she seen what i said ..:rotfl: Anyways we got her Walt Disney Polynesia sheets she seen there .. she fell in love with them and begged me to get them .. so i told her that was her gift for getting in ...:laughing:

I understand about getting plastic boxes and filling them ... we are getting them and a few things next paycheck .. i figured every paycheck i set aside some extra money and we pick up things here and there ... or save it until she finds something she likes .. then we get it ...i agree i dont want to be goin to Walmart when i get there to get stuff .. i want it all done be4 we get there ... even though we only live a few hours away .. i still dont want to go back and forth while i am there...;)

Congrads on ur daughter getting in .. where are you all coming from? ...

;)
We got Nichele sheet from Kmart ...not Walmart ..lol .. my daughter reminded me when she seen what i said ..:rotfl: Anyways we got her Walt Disney Polynesia sheets she seen there .. she fell in love with them and begged me to get them .. so i told her that was her gift for getting in ...:laughing:

I understand about getting plastic boxes and filling them ... we are getting them and a few things next paycheck .. i figured every paycheck i set aside some extra money and we pick up things here and there ... or save it until she finds something she likes .. then we get it ...i agree i dont want to be goin to Walmart when i get there to get stuff .. i want it all done be4 we get there ... even though we only live a few hours away .. i still dont want to go back and forth while i am there...;)

Congrads on ur daughter getting in .. where are you all coming from? ...

We are coming from Massachusetts. We already had a trip planned for Pop Century from 8/22 to 9/1 anyway so the dates work out for us! We always drive so it will be easy on Caitie too as far as getting her things down there goes!

Congratulations to your daughter too! Isn't it so exciting and scary all at once?!?

;)

We are coming from Massachusetts. We already had a trip planned for Pop Century from 8/22 to 9/1 anyway so the dates work out for us! We always drive so it will be easy on Caitie too as far as getting her things down there goes!

Congratulations to your daughter too! Isn't it so exciting and scary all at once?!?
plus worst case, ill be driving down to so if she forgets anything at home(and remembers before i leave) i could bring it for you. since we're leaving from almost the same place. it will be nice to know someone from around home.

;)

We are planning on stayin at the Pop Century too .. I still have to go and book it here soon .....We are planning on getting down there Aug 31 and leaving Sept 3...I heard some kids are staying there .. so it will be great to meet them .. im kind of jealous they get to go and live there ..lol .. i wish i couldve dont this when i was there age ..LOL ...i am having a little bit of a hard time letting go already .... dont know if i could handle it if she was leaving the state ... but i am sure this experience will be really great for them .....:)

We are planning on stayin at the Pop Century too .. I still have to go and book it here soon .....We are planning on getting down there Aug 31 and leaving Sept 3...I heard some kids are staying there .. so it will be great to meet them .. im kind of jealous they get to go and live there ..lol .. i wish i couldve dont this when i was there age ..LOL ...i am having a little bit of a hard time letting go already .... dont know if i could handle it if she was leaving the state ... but i am sure this experience will be really great for them .....:)

yeah, I'll be staying at pop century. me and my dad will definately be staying at Pop on august 31. We are making are trip like this. Leaving RI and heading to Pittsburgh to look at a college and staying the night in the city. Then we'll have fifteen more hours to drive. So we're not sure if we'll get to orlando for the night of the 30 or the next morning. I'm booking POP next week for august 31, but we're not going to book anywhere for 30 we're going to see what happens. is it possible that if we get down there for the night of the 30, do you think we would have a chance at staying at pop century that night? even though we're not booking it in advance???

plus worst case, ill be driving down to so if she forgets anything at home(and remembers before i leave) i could bring it for you. since we're leaving from almost the same place. it will be nice to know someone from around home.

Thanks! It makes my mind a little less stressed to have a plan, just in case! I am so happy that you both will have someone from around home! I am glad that you are staying at Pop too! We love it there...it is so fun!

Thanks! It makes my mind a little less stressed to have a plan, just in case! I am so happy that you both will have someone from around home! I am glad that you are staying at Pop too! We love it there...it is so fun!
I've never been to pn site before. so im going to try and make it a two night stay.:)

yeah, I'll be staying at pop century. me and my dad will definately be staying at Pop on august 31. We are making are trip like this. Leaving RI and heading to Pittsburgh to look at a college and staying the night in the city. Then we'll have fifteen more hours to drive. So we're not sure if we'll get to orlando for the night of the 30 or the next morning. I'm booking POP next week for august 31, but we're not going to book anywhere for 30 we're going to see what happens. is it possible that if we get down there for the night of the 30, do you think we would have a chance at staying at pop century that night? even though we're not booking it in advance???

I think you should ...its value season and most ppl are heading back home to get there kids back to school ..lol ...sounds like your goin to have fun on the way down:)

It will be a lot of fun if you all stay at Pop! We are saving, saving, saving so we can be set for our trip. We are probably going to add a few more nights so we will leave on Sept. 3 instead of Sept. 1 like we had planned before we found out Caitie got in!

I know...I am jealous, too...lol! I can't believe Caitie will be 18 in a month! And graduating high school! I am kind of nervous, but I know it will be a great experience for her. I know it is going to be very hard on her and us when we have to leave, though. And, I agree, I wish I could have done this when I was their age, too...or even now! We talk about moving to Florida all the time...we would leave tomorrow if we could! I would love to work at Disney!

And, I agree, I wish I could have done this when I was their age, too...or even now! We talk about moving to Florida all the time...we would leave tomorrow if we could! I would love to work at Disney!

I am so envious of these kids right now I can't stand it. I so wish this program had been available way back when.

If any of you EVER have the opportunity to work for the Disney Company, I highly recommend it. I miss my time with Disney and have seriously considered applying for Casual Temp since we visit the parks at least once a year, many times twice a year (vacation club members!). I loved working with the Disney Stores and only left in 2004 when the consumer products division north america sold them to Hoops Retail (children's place). Now that they are back with Disney, I have often thought of returning part time but I have really enjoyed my weekends off since I left:)

I wish I could go back and do this program..

It will be a lot of fun if you all stay at Pop! We are saving, saving, saving so we can be set for our trip. We are probably going to add a few more nights so we will leave on Sept. 3 instead of Sept. 1 like we had planned before we found out Caitie got in!

I know...I am jealous, too...lol! I can't believe Caitie will be 18 in a month! And graduating high school! I am kind of nervous, but I know it will be a great experience for her. I know it is going to be very hard on her and us when we have to leave, though. And, I agree, I wish I could have done this when I was their age, too...or even now! We talk about moving to Florida all the time...we would leave tomorrow if we could! I would love to work at Disney!

There so lucky to be able to work ,live and make some new friend im sure they will be making some memories that will last them a lifetime!!!

But i would give anything to do the samething as them ..lol Nichele is so excited to be meeting everyone she has been talkin to online .. Happy Early Birthday to your daughter Caitie!!!!!! .... i bet she cant wait until she is finally 18 .. i know my daughter couldnt wait ..lol

How did everyones kids find out about this program? .. i know its not really all that adversited ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter