Disney Career Start Parent Thread

awesome idea!

Nichele has me looking for the white board i use for keeping track of all the kids activities around here .... its a calander/corkboard/whiteboard for msgs .... i got one that HUGE a few yrs ago .. i think i got it at Micheals .. im goin this weekend to check if i can find one again the same size or close to it ... but i do have a HUGE corkboard here that is wooden framed for them to pin pics on .. Nichele thought they could hang it in the living room or soemthing ... they could hang msgs or pics or whatever they want .

Nichele has me looking for the white board i use for keeping track of all the kids activities around here .... its a calander/corkboard/whiteboard for msgs .... i got one that HUGE a few yrs ago .. i think i got it at Micheals .. im goin this weekend to check if i can find one again the same size or close to it ... but i do have a HUGE corkboard here that is wooden framed for them to pin pics on .. Nichele thought they could hang it in the living room or soemthing ... they could hang msgs or pics or whatever they want .

Let me know if you find anything at Michaels. Our Micheals is not really near us, I have to make a special trip to go there.

Is anyone else still waiting to see if they got in? Seems like everyone on the CS board has gotten in - or if not, they are not posting.

My son is still waiting - but it hasn't been that long yet, I guess. :confused3

Is anyone else still waiting to see if they got in? Seems like everyone on the CS board has gotten in - or if not, they are not posting.

I know the waiting is awful! Stephanie had to wait about 26 days before she heard. Her best friend waited almost 6 weeks before she finally heard.

I know the waiting game is terrible ... hopefully he is staying busy .. it helps ... Nichele had to wait 3 wks and she was on pins and needles ...lol .. hopefully he will hear soon and it will be great news:)

Let me know if you find anything at Michaels. Our Micheals is not really near us, I have to make a special trip to go there.

I will ... hopefully i will find something ... if i dont we still have 4 months to look ...lol ... by then i should have found somthing

For those of you whose kids called Disney to find out if they got in, what number did you call??

Matt still hasn't heard anything and if the deadline IS April 30, I'm getting a bit concerned :scared:

For those of you whose kids called Disney to find out if they got in, what number did you call??

Matt still hasn't heard anything and if the deadline IS April 30, I'm getting a bit concerned :scared:

Here is the number I called

1-800-722-2930

Good luck to Matt! :goodvibes

I guess Matt called Disney and they said everything has been mailed and he should receive his letter soon. Letter vs packet???

They didn't say he was in or what job he was offered. So, I guess we are still in wait and see mode.

I guess Matt called Disney and they said everything has been mailed and he should receive his letter soon. Letter vs packet???

They didn't say he was in or what job he was offered. So, I guess we are still in wait and see mode.

Ugh, the same thing happened when Steph was still waiting and she was getting anxious. She called and they would not tell her anything except that something had been mailed and that she should receive it soon. She was upset that they wouldn't tell her anything else. I hope he receives something soon!!

He should have it today or tomorrow :thumbsup2 I wouldn't put much in to the wording "letter" instead of packet. They probably aren't allowed to let you know you got in.

Letter is good, I hope. I was told letter when I called them awhile back ago, before I got my packet.

Hi! I found a code for room only resort reservations for anyone interested when you bring your kids down for Career Start. We are staying at Pop Century and it brought the room price down to about $67 pr night for us! We are staying 8/22 to 9/1 on a package but used the code for 9/1 to 9/4 because we added on to make sure Caitie is settled. There might be a #of nights minimum...I am not sure. It can't hurt to try! Call Disney Travel and use the code ID6.
I hope this helps!

Hi! I found a code for room only resort reservations for anyone interested when you bring your kids down for Career Start. We are staying at Pop Century and it brought the room price down to about $67 pr night for us! We are staying 8/22 to 9/1 on a package but used the code for 9/1 to 9/4 because we added on to make sure Caitie is settled. There might be a #of nights minimum...I am not sure. It can't hurt to try! Call Disney Travel and use the code ID6.
I hope this helps!

YES! Thank you thank you!!! I'm trying to stay on property the night before so I know I can now! :)

I hope this helps!

i just booked my reservations two days ago for a two day trip, do you think i could get this deal anyways?

i just booked my reservations two days ago for a two day trip, do you think i could get this deal anyways?

Yes! We booked ours a few weeks ago. You just call up Disney Travel...
407-828-8101...and ask if they can apply the code to your reservation and see if it works. We've done it a bunch of times and, if your reservation matches the criteria of the code, they will adjust the price for you. I hope it works for you!

Yes! We booked ours a few weeks ago. You just call up Disney Travel...
407-828-8101...and ask if they can apply the code to your reservation and see if it works. We've done it a bunch of times and, if your reservation matches the criteria of the code, they will adjust the price for you. I hope it works for you!

ok, thank you, where can i find the code?

YES! Thank you thank you!!! I'm trying to stay on property the night before so I know I can now! :)

Good luck!!! I hope it works! Call as soon as you can because they only have a certain number of rooms for each discount code. I was so happy to find this because I think I am as excited to meet everyone as Caitie is!:)

ok, thank you, where can i find the code?

The code is ID6. When you call, tell them you would like to use the discount code ID6 and they know what you mean, even though you will feel all Mission:Impossible! Call tomorrow or as soon as you can because there are a limited number of rooms per discount code and I am not sure when this one came out. I found it just as a happy accident on a website that has live streaming video from different Disney guests. Good luck!

Good luck!!! I hope it works! Call as soon as you can because they only have a certain number of rooms for each discount code. I was so happy to find this because I think I am as excited to meet everyone as Caitie is!:)

What do I have to provide? A credit card number and the code? I've never booked with Disney are there any like deposits or anything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter