Disney Christmas Village

The building were white or cream in color and ceramic with blue accents. I saw them on ebay before Christmas - some were being sold in sets and some individually. I can't remember the price off hand. I will check on ebay and see if there are any more listed.

Linda

However, each building is the color that they are. It is not white/blue. Some are brick, some siding, whatever they are on Mainstreet. They also are not decorated with snow or anything, so you can leave it up all year and just remmove the Christmas Tree.

Linda

WOW I have the original Dept 56 village but did not know about this. Do you know if they are the same scale as the Dept 56 so they could be used together

How expensive and big are these things? They look pretty cheesy compared to all the Olszewski miniatures that have come out. I imagine they are much cheaper though, or would hope so!

They are certainly not Olszewski's, in either realism or price. These pieces run around $40 - $70 and are quite good for a Christmas village. The old Dept. 56 pieces are more of a 'look and feel' and, in the case of the castle, I found them very disappointing. They do fit nicely with the 56 pieces which I now use as more of a 'filler' until more Village pieces are released. I once thought about using the monorail toys but they are way too big and are very much toys.

Ed

Does anyone know (Doombuggy?) if the WDW Haunted Mansion is still available? I was going to get it when we went in April and we didn't make it to Downtown Disney. Now, I call the Christmas store at DTD and they said they are sold out and no more are expected.

Its not my favorite piece but I really wanted it!

It looks like they added a couple of pieces to a Christmas Village. I was reading Jack Spence's blog over at allearsnet and he was in the Christmas shop in DTD. He put pictures up of two new castles. I am not really sure how they fit into the Main Street USA theme though.

It looks like they added a couple of pieces to a Christmas Village. I was reading Jack Spence's blog over at allearsnet and he was in the Christmas shop in DTD. He put pictures up of two new castles. I am not really sure how they fit into the Main Street USA theme though.

Care to post a link?

Thanks, I agree, I don't see how they fit with the other ones. Though I do like the second one, but wouldn't put it with the others.

Thanks for the link....I thought I was the only one looking for Christmas stuff in September :lmao: I agree, I don't see how they go with the set....maybe they'll come out with another piece closer to Christmas (or re-release Casey's Corner....prety prety please ;) )

Thanks for the link....I thought I was the only one looking for Christmas stuff in September :lmao: I agree, I don't see how they go with the set....maybe they'll come out with another piece closer to Christmas (or re-release Casey's Corner....prety prety please ;) )

I would love for them to re-release Casey's Corner. That and City Hall are the only two pieces I need to finish the set. If they don't re-release it I am going to have to decide whether to either not complete the set or shell out some serious dough on eBay.

I would love for them to re-release Casey's Corner. That and City Hall are the only two pieces I need to finish the set. If they don't re-release it I am going to have to decide whether to either not complete the set or shell out some serious dough on eBay.

Ditto, those are the only 2 I need also. I really don't want to pay the prices on Ebay. Eek!

Bumping this up repeating the request for info on the HM piece. :earsboy:

Casey's Corner is the only one I need and so seldom comes up in mint condition....but now I know who my fellow bidders are :lmao:

No wonder the prices go so high for Casey's..... I will let everyone know when one pops up on ebay after I win the auction.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter