Disney Christmas Village

wow what a collection!!!!! AWSOME
I am looking for the paper or plastic version of all of those, I have the train station in paper, but having trouble with the others. Anybody have any ideas of where to get them? (paper models)
thanks

We just got back from the World last Tuesday...We need Haunted Mansion and Town Hall...Word we got while down is that entire series is discontinured :mad:

While we were at DTD this weekend I asked about the set and if it miiiiiggght make a reappearance and was told "We switched vendors on that merchandise so we don't know if after the switch, they might have new pieces or re-issue old ones" sooo now I have a glimmer of unreasonable hope :lmao:

Just ordered the Cinema and confirmed they still have

Castle - $60.00
Fire Station - $55.00
Emporium - $60.00
Cinema - $60.00

Shipping for the Cinema came to $14.95 thru UPS Ground.

Call 407-363-6200

Be aware I had ordered the Cinema last year from an Ebay store and it is not the same. The building looks the same but the lights do not change like the ones I had previously ordered thru Disney Catalog/WDW Merchandise.

I still need City Hall(which will be tough) and the Haunted Mansion. They may get more Haunted Mansions so I will have to check back. Also the person i spoke with said there is no idication these buildings are discontinued.

Hope this helps others trying to get the complete set like me.

I purchased City Hall on ebay last year for about $150, a lot more than what I paid for the other pieces (especially being as I am a cast member and got a discount), however I am extremely pleased with my decision. I did not buy Haunted Mansion last year because I felt that it just didnt fit in with the others, but now I regret it.

I am still looking for City Hall...hoping one pops up this Christmas...I feel like this is the hardest to find...I honestly didnt believe that it ever even existed until I saw a picture of it in this thread because that is how hard it has been for me to find.

I look everyday and nothing. I am starting to doubt they even exist. What did they make only 10 of these? Seems I will never have a complete set.

So at least I know who all I am bidding against any time I see Casey's Corner on Ebay.
It's the only piece I didn't get as well. Every time I tried it was sold out and when they would get more in it would sell out before I could get one. :(

I have all of the other pieces set up and displayed. I bought the Haunted Mansion last year, but haven't put it out with my set (with the pumpkins and such it just doesn't quite fit.)

I don't care for the new pieces. they definitely don't go with the old set, and I'm not sure I like them.

Sue Ellen

Hello Disney Village Collectors,

I am creating a Christmas Disney Main Street Village. I have most of the buildings and the HO Walt Disney World RR Train and Monorail.

I'm trying to duplicate a miniature Walt Disney World Main Street. Does anyone know the scale of these buildings?

Example: Lamp posts, planters, benches, garbage cans, cobblestone roads and sidewalks and so on.

I have been reading village display tips from Department 56, dollhouse miniatures and various model train websites looking for anything that resembles Disney. Also landscaping material for the trees and shrubs.

Has anyone tried this and if so any information or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stacy

Need Scale Size for Disney Village Buildings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Disney Village Collectors,

I am creating a Christmas Disney Main Street Village. I have most of the buildings and the HO Walt Disney World RR Train and Monorail.

I'm trying to duplicate a miniature Walt Disney World Main Street. Does anyone know the scale of these buildings?

Example: Lamp posts, planters, benches, garbage cans, cobblestone roads and sidewalks and so on.

I have been reading village display tips from Department 56, dollhouse miniatures and various model train websites looking for anything that resembles Disney. Also landscaping material for the trees and shrubs.

Has anyone tried this and if so any information or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stacy

I second this, any info would be great!
thanks

I just use the standard Dept. 56 size stuff. Lowes has a great selection of lamp posts, benches, shrubs, trees, etc.

Ed

does anyone know if the haunted mansion for the christmas village is suppose to light up
thanks

Call 407-363-6200 WDW Merchandise.

I'm not sure if it lights up. I think it would like the other buildings.

Last I checked they said they would be getting more Haunted Mansions sometime in December.

They are in now. I just ordered one. They went up in price a little though. New vendor.

Can someone post a photo of the HM? I have one from years ago, from the Disney catalog. It lights up, but is not decorated with wreaths like all the other pieces. I think it is the DL HM actually.

I have both City Hall and Casey's Corner. :cool1: I keep the whole set up all year in my ding room hutch. I won't take the buildings out, I don't want them touched (and broken)!

Nevermind, saw photo on Ebay item 120348939012

I WANT IT!

We were at Disney this weekend and both the Days of Christmas Store and the Christmas Shoppe in MK had the Haunted Mansion. They ALSO had a new castle that comes in the same silver box as the old one, but clearly from a new company. It was similar in design, but did seem a bit shorter. The turrets were a darker blue and there is no Tinker Bell on it, but it is clearly meant to go with the set. And nope, didn't get a picture :-)confused3 got all distracted by the ornament sale)

HOWEVER, I did ask if there were more pieces coming and both cast members at the different locations had the same answer, probably sometime later this month!

We were at Disney this weekend and both the Days of Christmas Store and the Christmas Shoppe in MK had the Haunted Mansion.

Was the HM the same version as before? I didn't know if they brought out a newer version that matches the other new pieces that are out.

I too saw the Disney Village Haunted Mansion at the MK Christmas shop, last Friday 12/12. There were two of them on a shelf. When I went back the next afternoon, they were sold out. :sad1:

I then went to Downtown to look for it and inquired at World of Disney... the very knowledgeable guy at the info desk knew the item and directed me to either Art of Disney or Days of Christmas...

I asked at Art of Disney and they did not carry them. I looked around Days of Christmas once, but did not speak to anyone, and when I went back there a second time to ask, there was a LONG line of people waiting to be let into the store by Security. The store was packed due to a 50% off sale.

I gave up on the endeavor and instead bought it on eBay when I got home. I am posting all this in case it might help someone else who is searching for the Haunted Mansion right now.

I forgot to add some other details. The Disney Village Haunted Mansion is definitely the WDW mansion, not the Disneyland one. It has one hitchhiking ghost figure on one side of the building, and trees and jack 'o' lanterns on the other side. There is nothing "Christmassy" about it as far as I could tell. It does light up.

I called WDW mail order early today, and the Haunted Mansion from the Christmas Village is SOLD OUT. At least she did not say it is discontinued.

I will keep trying, I would be happy to get it in Jan, Feb, whenever.

My mom is at WDW right now, and she just got me the HM! I'm so excited. I was told back in October it was retired. It was $89. She purchased it at Days of Christmas in DTD just this afternoon (12/16/08). My sister said they had a ton on hand.

Thanks StitchBride for the heads up!!! :worship:

I called WDW mail order early today, and the Haunted Mansion from the Christmas Village is SOLD OUT. At least she did not say it is discontinued.

I will keep trying, I would be happy to get it in Jan, Feb, whenever.

You might try calling back today. I just spoke to someone this afternoon and they said Days of Christmas was the only store that had them in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter