***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneyeveryyear said:
Christmas was beginning to happen in quite a few different places.

MK - Christmas decorations are up on Main Street. I love the garland they use. As of right now, the main tree is set up down by the castle hub. We heard it was due to the parade, and other reasons, but it will supposedly be moved back to the train station circle soon. They are also playing Christmas carols on the Main Street speakers. The 3:00 parade is the regular snowglobe parade. I don't think they start doing the Christmas parade until MVMCP is finished.

EPCOT - Christmas decorations up in front of SP with poinsettias, etc. The walkway to WS is covered in lights. The entrance to WS has the big tree all lit and beautiful. Most of the countries don't have too much up yet for Christmas, but the American pavillion had the huge gingerbread house in the restaurant, and a tree outside. They were setting up for the CP when we were there Thursday night. Illuminations is as usual.

AK - Big tree out front with the beautiful animal ornaments. We saw Jingle Jangle Jungle Parade. It was fun to watch. Lots of Christmas carols being sung.

MGM - really decked out for Christmas. We were there Monday the 14th for the inaugural Holly Days Stars n Cars Motor Parade (or whatever it is called). It was really cute and very Christmassy. The big guy was even present in the last float. The Osobrne Festival of Lights also started on the 14th. We walked through it after Fantasmic and enjoyed it snowing in Floriday. DD6 saw Santa Goofy and Pluto back there. The park is also decorated with trees, etc.

We stayed at OKW, and it was midweek before we saw some garland go up on light poles, and the lobby still wasn't decorated when we left on Friday a.m. We ate at WCC in the WL on Sunday night and they weren't decorated yet either.

I am going to download some pictures so I'll be able to add some soon!

Looking forward to the pics! Thanks for the descriptions! I can just picture it all in my mind! I am so excited!!!!

~~Lynn :flower: ~~

tink2020 said:
Well, we got our own board! We thought Kate was leaving, and Baloo may be taking a break.... because of said board, sort of. It really was kind of a whirlwind, potentially pointless, definitely unneccessary few days of drama. I'm sure you can find out more on this thread or the craft board, but we're not talking about it anymore :rotfl:

Denise's kids had surgery (replacing tubes in their ears) on Thursday. All three of them. Rees also lost a tooth.

Um.. some new designs were made. Kate, Amy and their families had a game night.

Virtually everyone was sick.

That's the gist of it..... anyone else, feel free to add :rolleyes:

Jennifer --

I think you about covered it all! Like a synopsis of a soap opera :rotfl:

tink2020 said:
Well, we got our own board! We thought Kate was leaving, and Baloo may be taking a break.... because of said board, sort of. It really was kind of a whirlwind, potentially pointless, definitely unneccessary few days of drama. I'm sure you can find out more on this thread or the craft board, but we're not talking about it anymore :rotfl:

Denise's kids had surgery (replacing tubes in their ears) on Thursday. All three of them. Rees also lost a tooth.

Um.. some new designs were made. Kate, Amy and their families had a game night.

Virtually everyone was sick.

That's the gist of it..... anyone else, feel free to add :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update! Glad I missed the drama, and I hope we are all Ok now. Hopefully, life will let me check in from now on. Right now off to shower and have my weekly cry. (Extreme Home Makeovers.) Good night all.

my3princes said:
I spent 3 more hours outside putting up Christmas Decorations this afternoon. We had a beautiful day here, temps in the high 50s and the sun was shining. I still have some more decorations to put up outside and all the candles in the windows, but I took a few photos of what I've done so far.

If you click on them a larger photo comes up.
The third photo has a blow up Santa sitting on an igloo and the candy canes to either side, very blurry.
Some are blurry, I can't seem to not move when taking them. I guess I need a tripod. I will take better photos once I finish decorating.

Oh yeah, I also got all the bedrooms completely cleaned for the birthday party. I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

Deb

Looks so great! Since we started making a trip to WDW the first week of December every year, all I can manage is the candles in our windows. Yes, I'm really going now.

JnEsWDWMom said:
Thanks for the update! Glad I missed the drama, and I hope we are all Ok now. Hopefully, life will let me check in from now on. Right now off to shower and have my weekly cry. (Extreme Home Makeovers.) Good night all.

Thanks for checking in, Lynn!!

I'll be back later. Busy weekend, but do you notice something new in my siggie? Looks like I'm having some luck with DH after all! :cool1:

Going Oct 18-22. Want to do MNSSHP one night This needs to be CHEAP (we're cancelling our summer trip to Hilton Head to save money). Thinking a wing room at the CR would work great. Any other suggestions for resorts? Would the BC/YC be great for SAB? I don't know if he'll go for the $$ though. I told him we'll have the tickets covered (they're left over from this trip). So it'll just be the room, food, and driving down.

Oh, and this opens me up for a whole new range of t-shirts! And costume ideas. Deb, bring on the ideas!

triplefigs said:
I'll be back later. Busy weekend, but do you notice something new in my siggie? Looks like I'm having some luck with DH after all! :cool1:

Denise -- You will LOVE it!!

triplefigs said:

Going Oct 18-22. Want to do MNSSHP one night This needs to be CHEAP (we're cancelling our summer trip to Hilton Head to save money). Thinking a wing room at the CR would work great. Any other suggestions for resorts? Would the BC/YC be great for SAB? I don't know if he'll go for the $$ though. I told him we'll have the tickets covered (they're left over from this trip). So it'll just be the room, food, and driving down.

Oh, and this opens me up for a whole new range of t-shirts! And costume ideas. Deb, bring on the ideas!

Yay! How lucky! :) I have a surprise cruise planned for June for graduation.... I doubt he'd let me go again that quickly! I think he might kill me for the cruise! :rotfl:

triplefigs said:

WOOHOO FOR YOU & YOURS! how 'bout wilderness lodge jr suite for you halloween trip?

Denise,

We are going Sept 30 -Oct 9!!! We did MNSSHP this Oct & it was sooooo much fun we are doing it again. Your kids are going to love it!!! (& you too!!!)
My DH & I wore orange shirts that were made from here & I got alot of people asking me if that was the official mnsshp shirt & where could they get it! Halloween is a great time to go.

Deb,

Love the decorations, thanks for posting the pictures!

triplefigs said:

Denise --

The Food and Wine Festival is also going on then and BC/YC would be ideal for walking into Epcot to sample the wares! A wing room in CR would be very convenient for MNSSHP, though. Decisions, decisions! How fun :teeth:

I do have a question for you all. We could go earlier (for value season) and the kids miss 3 full days of Kindergarten. Or go Oct 18-22 when the kids have 3 half-days for teacher conferences. That means I'd have to schedule their conferences for a different time.

Since they've never been in public school before, is it better to miss 3 full regular days or 3 half-days which means I'd mean the conferences? which ones would the teachers be happier I chose?

triplefigs said:
I do have a question for you all. We could go earlier (for value season) and the kids miss 3 full days of Kindergarten. Or go Oct 18-22 when the kids have 3 half-days for teacher conferences. That means I'd have to schedule their conferences for a different time.

Since they've never been in public school before, is it better to miss 3 full regular days or 3 half-days which means I'd mean the conferences? which ones would the teachers be happier I chose?

As a teacher... :goodvibes ... I would say they would probably rather you did not go at all! BUT, we know you will. Conferences can be rescheduled easily. So I would opt for those half days. Unless there is a terrific difference in price between Value Season and any specials they might be running.

PNO4TE said:
As a teacher... :goodvibes ... I would say they would probably rather you did not go at all! BUT, we know you will. Conferences can be rescheduled easily. So I would opt for those half days. Unless there is a terrific difference in price between Value Season and any specials they might be running.

It only costs me $200 for us to go in regular season vs value. I was thinking they wouldn't be doing as much those half days anyway. Just didn't know how big a deal parent conferences are.

Thanks!

triplefigs said:
It only costs me $200 for us to go in regular season vs value. I was thinking they wouldn't be doing as much those half days anyway. Just didn't know how big a deal parent conferences are.

Thanks!

At our schools they are important, but can be scheduled any time. I would ask around to see if any neighborhood friends have input about these. I agree that there would not be a lot going on those half days in kindergarten.

I have time to be on here tonight and no one else is here (except Denise) and we are approaching the 13,000 post. I may have to post memos to myself and get that post without any hoopla!

PNO4TE said:
I have time to be on here tonight and no one else is here (except Denise) and we are approaching the 13,000 post. I may have to post memos to myself and get that post without any hoopla!

I'm here! although I shouldn't be... :goodvibes

It's your milestone anyway, isn't it?! That works out nicely ;)

triplefigs said:

Denise don't pass up the MNSSHP.
We had the most fun.
I'm hoping they have it 9/30/6.
That's my 50th B-Day.
The kids will love it.
I think the 3 Musketters would be cute.
Or maybe Woody, Buzz, Jesse.
I also think the Mary Poppins penquins would be cute.

tink2020 said:
I'm here! although I shouldn't be... :goodvibes

It's your milestone anyway, isn't it?! That works out nicely ;)

Well, 12,000 was supposed to be mine but I was at work when y'all yacked up a storm that day! So, let's see how this one goes this time... :goodvibes

Brendita said:
Denise don't pass up the MNSSHP.
We had the most fun.
I'm hoping they have it 9/30/6.
That's my 50th B-Day.
The kids will love it.
I think the 3 Musketters would be cute.
Or maybe Woody, Buzz, Jesse.
I also think the Mary Poppins penquins would be cute.

ooh, Woody Buzz and Jessie would be adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter