***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
my3princes said:
Kevin, we're you going to bed like an hour ago?

I have to tell you that my db's name is Kevin and his wife is Amy. My oldest son walked by the computer the other day and saw your signature with the names Kevin, Amy and Alyssa. He said "I didn't know that buddy is on the computer with you", but who is Alyssa :rotfl: I guess it is a small world. For future reference as Amy noted earlier that she is not pregnant yet, their kids are named Summer and Logan. If you had another child and named him/her Summer or Logan you would totally confuse my son.

Deb

Cute story...your poor son! :rotfl2:

disneyeveryyear said:
Kate, Amy, Kevin, Alyssa, Nick and Julia - glad to know tonight was a big success. Hope you can make a lasting friendship out of this! Not sure what to call this - not really internet dating, but close.

We had a great trip! Everyone who had given me grief about matching t-shirts sure preened with all of the attention we received. When repeatedly asked where we got the t-shirts, everyone replied "we made them". Obviously this was a royal "we", because I don't remember anyone up tie-dying with me and DD, or ironing for an hour on end. Oh well, glad to know they were proud of them! I have packed them up into zippy bags for our trip next year. Have 3 already done, can think if we want to add any by then.

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a great trip!

This was our third get-together (not counting the time recognized us at the Disney Store), so we're beyond just a cyber-relationship. :rotfl:

Amy :)

disneyeveryyear said:
MissMissy - if you have anymore questions about bad pap - pre-cancerous, etc., send me a pm. I can answer questions about this and more.

Thanks for this!

I am glad you had a good trip! I know those tee's must of been so fun to wear! Yes, chatty people here huh! While I am gone Denise is too, so I hope it is a lil less than 100 for me to catch up on! LOL

MinnieMouseMom said:
I just made this for my daughter

tinkkaelyn.jpg

tinkerbelle

Plus I finished 12 shirts today! 10 of this design:

mvmcpbground.jpg
GORGEOUS!

disneyeveryyear - Welcome back! we want pictures!!! Did you get to see any Christmas decorations/parades/etc before heading home? If so I'd love a preview. Even the THREE days we have left are too many.

cheriepenguin - your shirts look great. I had to come to the difficult decision yesterday that I simply wasn't going to be able to get our shirts done by Wednesday morning and returned my supplies in exchange for more Disney spending money. That just means I have a year to get them made for next year! :)

tink2020 - good luck with your exams! Get studying!!! You can do it!!!

itslisa - I'm with you, I'm dying to know what the disputed question was on game night.

Well, we just got back from the laundrymat. That crosses off the first of many things that have to be done before we leave on Wednesday morning. Terra and I are getting ready to pull out the suitcases so that we can put the clean clothes staight into them. If I don't, Terra will end up wearing them all before we leave. If you don't watch out, she'll change clothes 4 times a day. It wouldn't be too much of a problem is we didn't have to walk 1/2 mile to the laundrymat. We have our DVD of the parades playing in the background to be followed by Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic so we're psyched!

tmfranlk said:
We have our DVD of the parades playing in the background to be followed by Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic so we're psyched!

Is this something you made from a previous trip? Or something you purchased???

itslisa said:
Is this something you made from a previous trip? Or something you purchased???

I bought a whole series of DVDs (all home videos, but pretty well done) from a guy off ebay. I think it was a total of about 15 DVDs and includes all 4 current parades plus the old Epcot Tapestry of Dreams, Wishes, Illuminations, a bunch of retired rides and several stage shows (mostly older ones). There is also a tour of DLParis and some other random things. Fantasmic is on a DVD that someone on the Mouseforless sent me when making me a copy of his Small World video for Terra. I also have a few DVDs that a friend made form VHS that has the Main Street Electrical Parade.

I would love to make more videos on this trip, but I don't think that will happen for a few more years. Since I almost always travel alone with Terra it doesn't leave much attention for filming as well. My goal is to do it when we take our big family trip (my whole family) in May 2007.

Where's Denise? She hasn't been on at all today and not yesterday (at least not much). I hope the kids are all okay.

WeLoveTheMouse said:
Game night sounds fun! Maybe I need one here in Helena, AL. It was a Helena resident (ksoehrlein) that linked me here when I questioned her about a birthday shirt. Thanks for starting my addiction.
Hi there, WeLoveTheMouse! Glad to see you've been keeping up with this thread.

I guess we'll have to hang out at the Galleria Disney Store until one of us stalks the other! That's how Kate and Amy met. Or I guess we could PM and e-mail. It would be fun to meet in person.

julia & nicks mom said:
Of course game night would not have been complete without shirts - so I made the kids these shirts!

here they are in their shirts

scarf1010.jpg

scarf1009.jpg

scarf1002.jpg

we are so glad that we live close enough to Amy and Kevin for game night!!!!! I hope there will be many more to come!!!!
Kate - The shirts came out great! Where did you get the t-shirts? They look like nice ones. You are lucky that you have DDA buddies to socialize with.

marcij said:
Tammi67 -- my oldest son will turn 10 on December 2nd. I can't remember -- how old will your son be?

Duh -- just saw he is turning 6. His birthday is coming up soon -- hope it's a great one!
Happy bday to him!

Just wanted to come out of lurkdom to say thanks to Kate! I gave my niece her Sweet Dreams Princess Grace matching nightshirt and pillowcase last night for her birthday and they were a big hit! Thanks so much for the design, Kate! Hoping to get the birthday shirt and trip shirts done this week. We leave in fourteen days!!! Yeah! Hope everyone is doing well.

~~Lynn :flower: ~~

I've been off the computer so long and I come back and I've got a tag! Oh my goodness! I never dreamed of such a thing!! It's perfect! Thanks Tag Fairy!! I feel so special.
PS. I'm starting fresh here. Did Rosiejo (Claire) get back?

JnEsWDWMom said:
PS. I'm starting fresh here. Did Rosiejo (Claire) get back?

Not yet I dont think. I can't IMAGINE how many pages she'll see when she logs on! :blush: :rotfl2:

itslisa said:
Tell me more -- is it a DVD game? And boys like it too? Is it about the movies or the parks???

It is a dvd game. The boys love it. Questions about disney movies, theme parks, music. It is a lot of fun.

Deb

tink2020 said:
Not yet I dont think. I can't IMAGINE how many pages she'll see when she logs on! :blush: :rotfl2:

She left BEFORE we got our new board!!!

DEB: I got the kids shirts at walmart for 2.47 - I think they are pretty nice - they are the walmart brand - have to go get more today b/c Julia wants a princess christmas shirt

The question was:

are these the lyrics to this song:
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam

and the song played was A pirate's life for me

and the answer said true:

the lyrics are actually from the song Arabian Nights from Aladin - which Kevin knew

julia & nicks mom said:
The question was:

are these the lyrics to this song:
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam

and the song played was A pirate's life for me

and the answer said true:

the lyrics are actually from the song Arabian Nights from Aladin - which Kevin knew

Yeah, that's definitely wrong! :rotfl:

ETA: did whoever entered it for sure push the right buttons to get the song to play? we've done that before.... entered the wrong "code" and had the wrong song play (which would obviously affect the answer on the card)

tink2020 said:
Yeah, that's definitely wrong! :rotfl:

ETA: did whoever entered it for sure push the right buttons to get the song to play? we've done that before.... entered the wrong "code" and had the wrong song play (which would obviously affect the answer on the card)

the card says the name of the song it is going to play - so it definately was wrong

julia & nicks mom said:
the card says the name of the song it is going to play - so it definately was wrong

Good point. That's a bummer! I dont think we've come across wrong cards on that particular game.

Hi there, I am ordering shirts to put my disney design on for our upcoming trip. (By the way thank you so much julia & nicks mom, I love it) I am giving the shirts as Christmas presents. My question is, do you think the guys would wear lime green shirts or should i just get white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter