***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmfranlk said:
disneyeveryyear - Welcome back! we want pictures!!! Did you get to see any Christmas decorations/parades/etc before heading home? If so I'd love a preview. Even the THREE days we have left are too many.

Christmas was beginning to happen in quite a few different places.

MK - Christmas decorations are up on Main Street. I love the garland they use. As of right now, the main tree is set up down by the castle hub. We heard it was due to the parade, and other reasons, but it will supposedly be moved back to the train station circle soon. They are also playing Christmas carols on the Main Street speakers. The 3:00 parade is the regular snowglobe parade. I don't think they start doing the Christmas parade until MVMCP is finished.

EPCOT - Christmas decorations up in front of SP with poinsettias, etc. The walkway to WS is covered in lights. The entrance to WS has the big tree all lit and beautiful. Most of the countries don't have too much up yet for Christmas, but the American pavillion had the huge gingerbread house in the restaurant, and a tree outside. They were setting up for the CP when we were there Thursday night. Illuminations is as usual.

AK - Big tree out front with the beautiful animal ornaments. We saw Jingle Jangle Jungle Parade. It was fun to watch. Lots of Christmas carols being sung.

MGM - really decked out for Christmas. We were there Monday the 14th for the inaugural Holly Days Stars n Cars Motor Parade (or whatever it is called). It was really cute and very Christmassy. The big guy was even present in the last float. The Osobrne Festival of Lights also started on the 14th. We walked through it after Fantasmic and enjoyed it snowing in Floriday. DD6 saw Santa Goofy and Pluto back there. The park is also decorated with trees, etc.

We stayed at OKW, and it was midweek before we saw some garland go up on light poles, and the lobby still wasn't decorated when we left on Friday a.m. We ate at WCC in the WL on Sunday night and they weren't decorated yet either.

I am going to download some pictures so I'll be able to add some soon!

disneyeveryyear said:
Christmas was beginning to happen in quite a few different places.
I am going to download some pictures so I'll be able to add some soon!

Thanks for the update! We can't wait. I do have to admit that I was disappointed that the parades were changing over so early. Terra's favorite parade is the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I was hoping that she would get to see the regular one the first few days that we are there and the Christmas one later in the week. Oh well, she likes the animal puppets most so those should at least be the same.

I'll look forward to seeing your pictures.

Did you wash them BEFORE you put the transfers on? T-shirts tend to shrink a little, so that could be why your transfer crinkled.

Yes, I washed and ireoned the T-shirts before I put the transfers on. They are only cheap Primark ones - £1.50 for Christian and £2.50 for Josef. perhaps I should buy dearer ones next time.

bengalbelle said:
Unless LSU loses to Arkansas next week (and they shouldn't), LSU will be playing Georgia in the championship. The only reason they "look" behind Auburn when you see the standings on TV is because Auburn has played one more game than us. Things will even out next week.

I feel certain that ya'll can beat Arkansas. That is a defenite. I would like to know from Denise that if the SEC is UGA and LSU who she is going to pull for. Let us know Denise??

Lynn

Thanks Dumby and Tmfranlk for your comments on my shirts and Disney Mom bag! :)

I will definitely take lots of pictures, and hopefully be able to post some once we get back.

Tmfranlk - maybe we'll run into each other down in WDW ?! We'll be there Nov 28 - Dec 5.

CheriePenguin said:
Tmfranlk - maybe we'll run into each other down in WDW ?! We'll be there Nov 28 - Dec 5.

We know what shirts to look for so I'll be on the lookout! I posted our itineray a few pages ago if you get a chance - see if we match up anywhere.

cwnhokie said:
Hi there, I am ordering shirts to put my disney design on for our upcoming trip. (By the way thank you so much julia & nicks mom, I love it) I am giving the shirts as Christmas presents. My question is, do you think the guys would wear lime green shirts or should i just get white?

None of the guys in my family would wear lime green. I'd go with the white.

tmfranlk said:
We know what shirts to look for so I'll be on the lookout! I posted our itineray a few pages ago if you get a chance - see if we match up anywhere.
Here's the short version of our tentative plans:
28th - arrive, hang out at WL, dinner at O'hana + fireworks and EWP ?
29th - MK, Trails End for dinner and Campfire/Pooh movie at FW
30th - EPCOT
1st - Chef Mickey's brkfst, MVMCP pm!
2nd - Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom
3rd - Studios
4th - Animal Kingdom, PM "sleigh" carriage ride WL !
5th - Crystal Palace Pooh/Tigger brkfst, MK

We might be around WL if your resort hop there the 28th.
Looks like we'll all be in MK on the 29th!
Hope you have a great trip!

Here's my itinerary if anyone matches up and wants to meet.

Monday, December 5, 2005 10:00 p.m. - Arrive at MCO
Disney’s Magical Express to Pop Century - Check in, Check Out Hotel, Bed.

Tuesday, December 6, 2005
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Pecos Bill’s
Leave After (3:00) Parade and See Monorail Hotel Decorations
Boat to Wilderness Lodge to See Decorations
6:00 p.m. - Sleigh Ride at Wilderness Lodge
Dinner at Chef Mickey’s - 7:40 p.m.
Electrical Water Pageant 9:15 p.m. at GF or 10:05 p.m. at Contemporary

Wednesday, December 7, 2005
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Breakfastosaurus - 10:30 a.m.
Stay Until Closing or After Parade
Bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, See Decorations
Bus to Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Columbia Harbour House or Pinocchio’s
Spectro and Wishes
Evening EMH

Thursday, December 8, 2005
MGM
Lunch at Sci-Fi - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner at Counter Service (MGM or EPCOT)
Fantasmic
Boat to EPCOT for Illuminations and Evening EMH

Friday, December 9, 2005
Magic Kingdom - Morning EMH
Lunch at Counter Service or Monorail Hotel - Rent Water Mice, Shop, Relax
5:45 p.m. - Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
7:00 p.m. - Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Saturday, December 10, 2005
EPCOT - Lunch at Electric Umbrella
6:00 p.m. - Tree Lighting Ceremony
6:30 p.m. Leave for 7:20 p.m. Park Fare Dinner
Magic Kingdom for Second Running of Spectro (11:00) and Wishes (10:00)

Sunday, December 11, 2005
EPCOT a.m.
Counter Service Lunch
MGM for Afternoon Parade
Primetime Dinner - 5:55 p.m.
Osborne Lights
Evening EMH

Monday, December 12, 2005
Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table - 10:20 a.m.
Magic Kingdom Until 4:00 p.m.
Late Counter Service Lunch at MK or Pop
5:15 p.m. - DME to Airport

CheriePenguin said:
Here's the short version of our tentative plans:
28th - arrive, hang out at WL, dinner at O'hana + fireworks and EWP ?
29th - MK, Trails End for dinner and Campfire/Pooh movie at FW
30th - EPCOT
1st - Chef Mickey's brkfst, MVMCP pm!
2nd - Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom
3rd - Studios
4th - Animal Kingdom, PM "sleigh" carriage ride WL !
5th - Crystal Palace Pooh/Tigger brkfst, MK

We might be around WL if your resort hop there the 28th.
Looks like we'll all be in MK on the 29th!
Hope you have a great trip!

Great! We will be hitting WL sometime on the 28th, but I don't know when yet. We have to take DSis to the airport that afternoon, and will be hitting the resorts late afternoon/early evening. We'll definitely keep an eye out for you at MK on the 29th. Are you doing Fantasmic on the 3rd?

I spent 3 more hours outside putting up Christmas Decorations this afternoon. We had a beautiful day here, temps in the high 50s and the sun was shining. I still have some more decorations to put up outside and all the candles in the windows, but I took a few photos of what I've done so far.

If you click on them a larger photo comes up.
The third photo has a blow up Santa sitting on an igloo and the candy canes to either side, very blurry.
Some are blurry, I can't seem to not move when taking them. I guess I need a tripod. I will take better photos once I finish decorating.

Oh yeah, I also got all the bedrooms completely cleaned for the birthday party. I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

Deb

my3princes said:
I spent 3 more hours outside putting up Christmas Decorations this afternoon. We had a beautiful day here, temps in the high 50s and the sun was shining. I still have some more decorations to put up outside and all the candles in the windows, but I took a few photos of what I've done so far.

If you click on them a larger photo comes up.
The third photo has a blow up Santa sitting on an igloo and the candy canes to either side, very blurry.
Some are blurry, I can't seem to not move when taking them. I guess I need a tripod. I will take better photos once I finish decorating.

Oh yeah, I also got all the bedrooms completely cleaned for the birthday party. I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

Deb

The house looks great! I wish I felt productive! I've read for 7 hours now and have so much more to do!

Can't wait to see more pictures!

my3princes said:
I spent 3 more hours outside putting up Christmas Decorations this afternoon. We had a beautiful day here, temps in the high 50s and the sun was shining. I still have some more decorations to put up outside and all the candles in the windows, but I took a few photos of what I've done so far. Oh yeah, I also got all the bedrooms completely cleaned for the birthday party. I feel like I actually accomplished something today.

Deb

Deb --

You were really busy today! It was a gorgeous day here with highs in the low 60s. Beautiful day, but I was inside making my Mom's recipe for Chex Snax Mix from the 1950s. One thing crossed of my holiday list. Oh, and I finished my Christmas shopping this week too! Now, on to the Scotch Shortbreads and then I am done with cooking for Christmas. Of course, our DDs are both coming home for Thanksgiving, so there will be that kind of cooking this week!

triplefigs said:
BTW, Anthony was looking pretty good last year when we went. :rotfl:

Ok time for me to fess up...I have used to have a secret crush on Captain Feathersword. :blush:

tink2020 said:
Not yet I dont think. I can't IMAGINE how many pages she'll see when she logs on! :blush: :rotfl2:

That's why I started fresh! :) Did anything exciting happen while I was gone? After two weeks, it was too many pages to even count.

~~Lynn :flower: ~~

JnEsWDWMom said:
That's why I started fresh! :) Did anything exciting happen while I was gone? After two weeks, it was too many pages to even count.

~~Lynn :flower: ~~

Well, we got our own board! We thought Kate was leaving, and Baloo may be taking a break.... because of said board, sort of. It really was kind of a whirlwind, potentially pointless, definitely unneccessary few days of drama. I'm sure you can find out more on this thread or the craft board, but we're not talking about it anymore :rotfl:

Denise's kids had surgery (replacing tubes in their ears) on Thursday. All three of them. Rees also lost a tooth.

Um.. some new designs were made. Kate, Amy and their families had a game night.

Virtually everyone was sick.

That's the gist of it..... anyone else, feel free to add :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter