***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bengalbelle said:
I tried to stay out of this, but how condescending and rude for you to say that Julia & Nicks mom doesn't grasp what happened and that she's mistreating others. She's never been anything but nice and helpful on this thread. I suppose in your world someone isn't allowed to feel uneasy receiving a bomb in their private mail :rolleyes: . There are lots of unstable people on the Internet, as evidenced by this thread, so IMHO, she is perfectly within her rights to be upset. But, since you have such a firm grasp on the situation, why don't you tell us what your role was in it.

Just because people didn't post that they were offended doesn't mean they weren't. People handle conflict in their own ways, and many choose to avoid it. I found her catholic comment extremely offensive (and I'm Presbyterian, btw) but I didn't post because I thought ignoring her post would be best for the thread. When Marti posted I realized I wasn't the only person who felt that comment was insensitive, but I still chose to ignore it. Now I see it's been edited out completely in favor of pixie dust. In fact many of her posts have been edited so it's difficult for many people to understand what is going on, and impossible for anyone who didn't see it to understand my feelings.

I don't plan to spend any more of my time on this, but one last thing. I don't blame you for sticking up for someone you consider a friend. I would do the same thing. But for someone who used to go by the username of peacefulgirl, I'm really surprised that you would break the peace on the new thread by bringing this discussion there when it was perfectly clear it wasn't wanted there. Perhaps you're not so peaceful after all.

My roll was that I didn't even KNOW Lisa before this and I still stuck up for her becuz she was innocent! Period.

miss missy said:
Delinda,

Thanks and ...my for the record again. my reply said:

he he great lets all bomb her box now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as is bombard ... as in send her PM's, it was taken out of context, not questioned to me in PM. Noone has a reason to think I would say it as in bomb her, thats ridiculous.

I hope so too girl.

When I said I did not see why anyone would make a joke of sending a bomb in a PM I was actually talking about Lisa sending the bomb picture. She knew Kate was upset about Marti and Skunka.

I knew that you meant bombard her with PMs. I don't think your post was actually the problem here.

itslisa said:
OK .... this is just crazy and has gotten way out of hand!

I was NOT going to post about the Marti / Skunka thing ... but since she has posted to the forum, I guess this will never end until it goes public.

That's correct. I didn't think a public form was the right place to bring it up. You never PM'd me to discuss it. For the record, you have never TOLD me specifically what it was that offended you.

This is what you wrote:

Do ... I offended you HOW? You mention you are a Christian and were offended by some of my comments. What comments could have POSSIBLY offended you??? I told a story about me and my DH. He is Catholic and I am Jewish. I wanted our child to be raised Jewish? How can that possibly be offensive? I did remove the post hoping that wouldn't further fuel the problem. The only thing I can think of that MAY have been construed as offensive was the last line were I said something like *I wanted him raised Jewish - not Catholic* The "not Catholic" part was only mean to reference the other religion --- it was not a negative in ANY way. No where else in the post did I mention the other religion.

If if was something else I said, than out with it already! I'm not here to play guessing games. You have had no problem dragging me through the mud on this board .... so let's make it done with!

The question to Denise was NOT meant to offend. I posted already that I wanted to bring up the GAC and I apparently did it awkwardly. I did apologize to Denise. I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought I would offend her. Apparently I did ... and I have apologized to her.

Now ... your husband spent the better part of a day or so ripping into me with his little snide remarks. I took offense, but never posted about it. I tried to let it slide. I chalked it up to the good natured humor and SARCASM we have ALL used in posting! What's sad is now I *know* it was not meant good naturedly. It was admitted. And there was NO APOLOGY to me! Am I sitting here demanding an apology? No, I just wanted to move one. Apparently neither of you do.

Kate, you did PM me about the situation, but I had already PM'd you. Marti and Paul felt the need to "take it to the boards". I never said ANYTHING derogatory to EITHER of them. They same cannot be said.

About Kate and the bomb post. Yes, it was me. Before you GASP, this is being taken totally out of context. We -- meaning MANY of us -- have posted images of the stupidest things we were talking about. Most recently, there was a post about riding TOT. Miss Missy posted a picture of a bullet proof vest. I thought it was sarcastic and funny. The OP of the TOT story (sorry, it's lost right now and I am NOT chancing another server error -- maybe it's Becky???) was RIGHTLY freaked out when it was happening. I think in posting she was laughing in retrospect.

Now, the PM to Kate. She posted that she had cleared her PM box. I believe it was Miss Missy who posted after that something like "let's all bomb her with PMs" (again - I do not have the exact text)

this is EXACTLY what I PM'd Kate

SUBJECT: You will be assimilated ....

bombs away!

bomb.jpg

Now, taken out of context, I can see how getting a bomb in your PM could have been taken as a threat. I made the mistake of assuming Kate was reading and was up with us.

A bomb threat? not at all.

This is a PUBLIC APOLOGY to Kate. I am sorry that I sent it. It was never intended to be anything but a stupid "funny" to fill you PM box.

What's been most clear to me is that I am being RAILROADED! No one has said a THING to Paul for his mean spirited posts to me. It seems to be very easy to pin all blame on me. And that's exactly what is being done.

I welcome comments about this from anyone. I can't believe another thread has been started -- as if I am some sort of infection you need to get away from!

Thanks for the picture of what you sent Kate... I didn't know for sure, but that was a joke that is in line with EVERY joke on this thread, and there have been a lot.

:grouphug: :confused3

bengalbelle said:
This is what you don't seem to "grasp". Just because YOU consider it nothing, doesn't mean other people feel the same way.

I have NEVER offended anyone here that I was told about. Why would I think a joke would offend? A PM would of cleared this up... Not a public scene.

miss missy said:
My roll was that I didn't even KNOW Lisa before this and I still stuck up for her becuz she was innocent! Period.

Um, Lisa herself admitted she sent it. Miss Missy I think it's great you'll stick up for someone you believe in, but I do think you should know all the facts before slamming people and bashing them. JMHO as always.

Smeoen tell me EXACTLY what I wrote which was offensive about religion!

YES - I erased it. It was not done fr any reason other than to try to move on.

BUT I need to know what the heck I am being hated for!

Smeoen tell me EXACTLY what I wrote which was offensive about religion!

YES - I erased it. It was not done fr any reason other than to try to move on.

BUT I need to know what the heck I am being hated for!

I wanted to say how much this thread and the DDAers (all of you!) have touched my heart and life. I have learned so much here, made many good friends, and had a wonderful time. I am sorry that there have been problems of late and that I have participated in the negativity. I hope that we can all move on past this rough time and enjoy each others company again.

Thank you again for a wonderful ride.

Denise

miss missy said:
Look back, none of you replied to anything I said after that, even you with the post I made about your 7th heaven KIDS!

Post 21174. Please don't be so hasty to jump on people. As you can see, I did respond to your post.

Originally Posted by miss missy
I looked at your kids pic a gazillion times, but it just hit me that these two lil boys look like the twins in 7th Heaven... when they were smaller... is it just me or does anyone else see it! I LOVE 7th Heaven BTW and this year it is over :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

triplefigs said:
I need pictures, please!

triplefigs said:
Post 21174. Please don't be so hasty to jump on people. As you can see, I did respond to your post. And I can see a resemblance.

Originally Posted by miss missy
I looked at your kids pic a gazillion times, but it just hit me that these two lil boys look like the twins in 7th Heaven... when they were smaller... is it just me or does anyone else see it! I LOVE 7th Heaven BTW and this year it is over :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Denise - I replied to this post as well -

now that you say that - I can see it

but Denise she knows you responded b/c she responded to you in post 21183

Miss missy said:
Let me find some from a couple years ago... but here for now

here is the long and short of it -

Over the last few weeks, Lisa’s posts and her tone have offended people – and I received several pms about this. Marti was the only person who actually said something to Lisa about it and Marti and Paul left.

Lisa pm’ed asking what I thought about it. I sent Lisa a pm detailing to her their feelings and let her know that this was not just a problem Marti and Paul had and I offered to mediate the situation.
She did not respond to my offer and started posting with a vengeance in order to gloss over what was going on - and also edited a lot of her posts so others could not fully grasp what was going on. Posts were made in the thread asking her to try to make amends but she chose to ignored my attempt to help as well as the pleads in the thread.
Then last night she sent me a bomb in my pm –
it was titled - you will be assimilated - then said I think we were TOLD to do this
then there was a picture of a bomb

I was freaked out - and the server was busy so I did not understand and was obviously very shaken - as I had never been anything but nice and had tried to help her out but I had been pretty blunt with her recently about some things so I really didn't know where she stood.

I finally got on the thread and saw that MissMissy had said let's bomb her pm box - even though I saw that she was trying to be funny - we did not have the proper relationship for her to do this to me and it didn't change the five minutes of panic that I went through. I worked in a school that had a bomb squad on property for over a week b/c someone had threatened to blow it up - I never find bombs funny - my husband was very angry.

Today Amy posted that she hoped no one had taken miss missy seriously as it would freak her out to get a bomb in her pm to which princessleighsdaddy immediately sent her a pm that said Kaboom.

That was my breaking point - we had tried repeatedly to discreetly ask Lisa to play nice - I had pmed her and yet she refused to respond and that is when I posted that I was starting a new thread as I was no longer comfortable in the old thread

Miss Missy came on and asked everyone to delete any evidence of the trouble. I responded that I would not b/c the last time we did this - it gave the offending party an out and I was not willing to do this again

I never mentioned Lisa by name in an effort to allow her to gracefully bow out or make ammends - although I do realize that anyone paying attention would know who I was talking about.

Miss Missy then came on with her post- telling me that I was mean and just blew things out of proportion - and announced that Lisa was who I was talking about and that me and my clique were on a witch hunt - well - I would like to know who my clique is since I have designed over 1000 shirts for people and have NEVER told someone no. (including Lisa)
And I try to know everyone's names and keep track of who isn't around and check on them - (okay that was me defending myself - sorry!)

Miss Missy did not bother to get any facts - believe me - I know all the facts of what went when on here - I have had discussions with a LOT of people about the best way to handle this - it was not with a light heart that I came to this decision.

Lisa and MissMissy are choosing to only present their side and are not acknowledging that any of us had the right to be offended - and are now starting to attack a lot of people - including Denise - who I think all of us would agree is the sweetest person we have ever encountered.

I am very sorry that this happened to this thread b/c I think we all have a great time together - but I am pretty sure we can all continue on the new thread and be the same family we always were - without the negativity.

Shocked and saddened don't even begin to describe how I'm feeling tonight .:( I could NOT believe my eyes when I logged on this evening.I received an email from Kate and then headed here to Creative DISigns.My first reaction was ....well picture Clark Griswald in Christmas vacation when all he got for a bonus was the Jelly of the Month club! But I stepped away had a shot of the Captain and a big chunk of fudge and I'm ready to give y'all my feelings on this entire situation.Now let's just hope the DISboards stay up long enough for me to post all this. I have no idea what Admin is up to with that,no one has informed the Mods about the trouble.

I am VERY,VERY upset and hurt...Hurt that no one but Kate and MissMissy came to me with what was going on.It has taken me 3 days to piece together everything. I am the moderator of Creative DISigns. I am her to HELP everyone when they have a problem. I might not be on the board everyday but I am online checking my email almost EVERYDAY! I have been a DIS Moderator for almost 7 years now and when the MONSTER Tshirt thread started on TPAS,OMG it was soooooooooooooo refreshing. A group of Internet people getting along,sharing and laughing together. I hadn't seen anything like that on the DIS in a lot of years. I know the CB blows up every now and then,there's rifts and bannings,people leave because friends are gone. I thought the DDA was far and above that. I crowed to the WM about all of you.How wonderfully everyone got along,caring and sharing ideas,freely. Everyone was there to make others happy,to get joy in creating by giving and receiving. Then it turned into more.Friendships.Some tighter than others but that is NOTHING new on the Internet realm of friends scale! If you spend ANY time on Internet boards you see that but the Disney Design Addicts have always always been welcoming to any one new.

This board was specifically created for me because of all of YOU! There are a few here that are special. Stand out from others.That is a fact of Internet life...if you're jealous of that either get over it or don't come play here at the DDA. I wanted EVERYONE welcomed here...I think MOST of that feel that way.But this is the Internet. Things get misconstrued...rumors fly....geez it's total BS! Either be HONEST...stand by what you've said...don't wimp out and edit posts...that's TOTAL BS!!! I was actually HAPPY to see y'all letting it rip on this chit chat thread because I was FINALLY seeing what was happening by the parties involved.

This place would not be what it is without Kate.Some of you may love her some of you might find her a PITA ,but it's a fact.She has given her talents freely to so many,keeps up with everyone,always has a nice word.She is one in a million and I'm proud to call her friend.

I fought tooth and nail for the T-shirt thread,I moved it to Crafts as I thought that was a place the designing could grow but it didn't work. When Admin. decided they wanted to sort of redesign the entire DIS Boards,a moderator could only have 1 board to moderate...I had 3 and had to choose ONE...ONLY one...it was killing me. I felt like I had to choose between my children.WMs knew how much work I put into the designing threads, how attached I was to the DDA,how wonderful it was all running but my love was TPAS, they let the T-shirt thread go back to TPAS and become a sub board.Well I got raked over the coals big time by other Mods on that one. I resigned with a very heavy heart from the DIS.But to my surprise the WM wanted ME back! I have loved and been devoted to the DIS and sharing Disney information with people planning trips for many years. I'm a good Moderator or I wouldn't have been asked back and given this unique opportunity to foster and care for this wonderful community that has become the Disney Design Addicts.

So I'm going to Moderate.

I'm closing this chit chat thread.The magic, the fun is gone from there. I hoped it would go on and on but it unfortunately it hasn't.

Everyone needs to either have their spats in PMs or fogetta about it. :smooth:

I won't have crap dragged onto any of these threads.No barbs or innuendo by anyone about other things meaning "troubles" with other posters. None. Notta. Zip. I will delete it if I think it's one.

Don't be afraid to be sarcastic.It can be done gently and be very funny. This little face might help. :rolleyes:

Please don't be offended if not everyone response to something you say.

Remember you're not going to like or agree with everyone.

Lastly I hate the word clique! I get sick of hearing that word on the Internet ...a clique is a exclusive group of people.Lord knows the DDA has welcomed EVERYONE with open arms! This is NOT a clique it's a club. An association of people with a common interest.

So people let's get back to having a good time. Start a new thread,post on another thread...we have an entire BOARD to play on here!!! http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

This is a fun loving,pixie dust induced place.Let's keep it that way!!! :flower: :wizard: :cool1: :sunny: :banana: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter