Disney Fantasy December 23, 2017 (Western Caribbean)

Cruise question- we are totally newbies. What kind of spending money do kids need? Grandparents wondering about giving them some Christmas money for the cruise- but not sure if they need any??

That is a tricky one to answer as everyone is different in what they want to buy. There are shops on board with many Disney gifts, souvenirs, lots of stuff you find at Disney parks etc. There is an arcade on board where they might want to spend some money playing. There is a cake/ice cream shop where you can buy stuff. Alternatively you may spend nothing, just depends on you and your family.
No shops take actual cash but it is charged to your on-board account, then you pay that off at guest services. So they could buy stuff within each of their budgets then pay it off at guest services with the money they were given.

How is everyone handing their Family Christmas?
Do you exchange gifts at home pre/post trip?
Do you exchange gifts on the cruise?

We never get too serious with gifts so we aren't that bothered about missing the usual Christmas morning routine. We plan to have a stocking for each of us which will have small gifts in (travelling from Australia so don't have heaps of luggage allowance to pack big gifts). We have a few larger presents that we will leave at home and open when we get back from our holiday, but we are all adults so are happy to wait, might be different if we had kids.

How is everyone handing their Family Christmas?
Do you exchange gifts at home pre/post trip?
Do you exchange gifts on the cruise?

What PlutoDisney said! I have been buying Xmas presents all year long, as we have some annual Lego/puzzle related traditions, none of which travel well on a halfway-around-the-world trip! So we will do presents before or after, but I have a few kind of pocket size gifts that I will be taking along with the stocking gifts. As for the rest of the presents I'm not sure when we will get around to them - maybe sometime in March? I wonder if Cabanas might have a few satsumas up top that can find their way into my stocking?

Cruise question- we are totally newbies. What kind of spending money do kids need? Grandparents wondering about giving them some Christmas money for the cruise- but not sure if they need any??

If you are not an AP/DVC/other discount holder, another good thing to remember is that merchandise on board the ship is tax free, and they do stock some of the staples from the parks such as plush, as well as the DCL exclusive stuff. :thumbsup2

I was able to schedule a private Mixology class scheduled for December 27, from 4:00-5:00. The price is $20.00 per person. We still have spots available email me if you are interested. rjmom34@aol.com

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter