• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use a Best Buy giftcard on-line to buy disney gift cards? If not how do I convert the B.B. cards to Disney?

BB does not have the variable load Disney GC's available on line so you have to get a pre-loaded amount in either $25 or $50, I don't see any other amount listed currently.

If you go to a BB store you can use the BB GC (and savings code if doing the current deal) to buy a Dis GC in any amount from $15 to $500.

I have "hoarded" a bunch of Meijer gc's. Anyone know if Meijer allows you to buy Disney gc with Meijer gc? I started using a little at a time by adding a Dis gc with my grocery purchase and paying in part with the equivalent Meijer gc. It would be faster if I could just buy all at once, but I'm too chicken to try....
I have used Meijer gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards many times in the past, although I haven't tried recently.

Can I use a Best Buy giftcard on-line to buy disney gift cards? If not how do I convert the B.B. cards to Disney?
You walk into a store. Best Buy typically cancels online gift card orders that are paid with a gift card unless you include another item and/or form of payment.

I have "hoarded" a bunch of Meijer gc's. Anyone know if Meijer allows you to buy Disney gc with Meijer gc? I started using a little at a time by adding a Dis gc with my grocery purchase and paying in part with the equivalent Meijer gc. It would be faster if I could just buy all at once, but I'm too chicken to try....

Bring them all with you and try using one of them, I know I asked this before someone replied "no", but I never tried in my state.

Best Buy now has a deal that if you buy a $150 gift card, you get a free $15 Best Buy promo code. You are buying the gift card from cashstar (not in store). You will receive the promo code on 12/1 and can be used through 12/14. This would be a 9.1% discount, if anyone is interested.

https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/?u1=742bc34cc22c11e7828aee2e757ac07b0INT&id=lw9MynSeamY

The Best Buy offer has been extended through Nov. 18, so if you haven't taken advantage of this offer go for it. :D

The Best Buy offer has been extended through Nov. 18, so if you haven't taken advantage of this offer go for it. :D
I'm still on the fence. I want to wait for the possible Target gift card deal. If I do and it doesn't pan out, I lose 6% because the best I can do is 5% v/s 11%. If I go for this deal and the Target deal does pan out, then I lose 5% because the best I can do is 16% v/s 11%. Ugh.

Can you use a Sams Club Gift card to buy other gift cards at either Sams or Walmart? Got a new phone this weekend and got a $300 Gift Card as a promo.

Can you use a Sams Club Gift card to buy other gift cards at either Sams or Walmart? Got a new phone this weekend and got a $300 Gift Card as a promo.
Yes. Walmart and Sam’s GCs are interchangeable and you can use GCs to purchase GCs at either.

I have never been able to purchase gift cards at the self-checkout. I always go to a cashier (or customer service if I am only buying 1 card and no groceries).
I went back today and bought 7 more (variable amount). The cashier forgot to scan my card for one of the transactions and no coupon printed. So it seems like they are tracking on the card side. Went up to customer service and they handed me a $20 bill back for the one missed.

I went back today and bought 7 more (variable amount). The cashier forgot to scan my card for one of the transactions and no coupon printed. So it seems like they are tracking on the card side. Went up to customer service and they handed me a $20 bill back for the one missed.

The coupon will not print if a S&S card isn't used. I had that problem last year when I forgot to have them scan the card for 1 purchase. I am still wondering about the limit of 10. I have bought a total of 9 already and will probably buy numbers 10 and 11 tomorrow. I won't be using all of the coupons for a few weeks though so I don't know if the "limit" wording will become a problem down the road.

The coupon will not print if a S&S card isn't used. I had that problem last year when I forgot to have them scan the card for 1 purchase. I am still wondering about the limit of 10. I have bought a total of 9 already and will probably buy numbers 10 and 11 tomorrow. I won't be using all of the coupons for a few weeks though so I don't know if the "limit" wording will become a problem down the road.
I didn't mention, on day 1 where it didn't print either. The cashier had scanned the courtesy card, and said not to worry when I pointed out she hadn't scanned mine.
We've already used 3 of the $20 off coupons.

On another NY Tri-state area deal note. Shoprite on 11/24 & 11/25 is offering $20 off your next trip with any $100 gift card purchase. Only valid 1 time though.

I'm still on the fence. I want to wait for the possible Target gift card deal. If I do and it doesn't pan out, I lose 6% because the best I can do is 5% v/s 11%. If I go for this deal and the Target deal does pan out, then I lose 5% because the best I can do is 16% v/s 11%. Ugh.
Thanks! I just maxed the offer out with 2 different email addresses. Worked like a breeze! Glad I remembered to have them scan my Ibotta app, too, since someone earlier confirmed that Ibotta did honor the gift card purchase :D

On another NY Tri-state area deal note. Shoprite on 11/24 & 11/25 is offering $20 off your next trip with any $100 gift card purchase. Only valid 1 time though.
I will be doing that one! THANKS
Also, bc I read your post, I checked my Shoprite flyer for this week and they have a offer to spend $50 on *select* GC and rec'v $10 off next trip. Best Buy is one of the select GC and I know my BB does allow you to buy GC with GC, (hope it hasn't changed since this past summer) so I guess I'll do that.
link to details about this weeks offer: https://dannydealguru.com/2017/11/14/shoprite-gift-card-sale/

I will be doing that one! THANKS
Also, bc I read your post, I checked my Shoprite flyer for this week and they have a offer to spend $50 on *select* GC and rec'v $10 off next trip. Best Buy is one of the select GC and I know my BB does allow you to buy GC with GC, (hope it hasn't changed since this past summer) so I guess I'll do that.
link to details about this weeks offer: https://dannydealguru.com/2017/11/14/shoprite-gift-card-sale/
Yup, they have that now, but it is Bed Bath and Beyond, not Best Buy... they listed it incorrectly on the website, while it is correct in the photo. So I wouldn't run to Shoprite this week for Disney savings.

Yup, they have that now, but it is Bed Bath and Beyond, not Best Buy... they listed it incorrectly on the website, while it is correct in the photo. So I wouldn't run to Shoprite this week for Disney savings.
OK. I noticed the Best Buy GC wasn't pictured, thought maybe the picture was wrong.. made a mental note to ask at customer service or look at the display of GC for more info. I have to go this afternoon anyway for my weekly trip, it's my reg store only 3 mins drive away. I'll check and if other GC are among the "select" in the offer, I'll post here.

QUESTION: Does Bed Bath & Beyond sell Disney GC and can you do GC to buy GC there? Also... last I heard Lowes didn't allow GC to GC.. Still true?

Last edited:
Thanks! I just maxed the offer out with 2 different email addresses. Worked like a breeze! Glad I remembered to have them scan my Ibotta app, too, since someone earlier confirmed that Ibotta did honor the gift card purchase :D

Where in the Ibotta app do you scan for Best Buy. I have done it with Ebates but I can't find anything in Ibotta.

Has anyone done the Rita Aid buy the Best Buy GC and get the Plenti Points more than once for this offer? I bought the $100 and I got 1600 points for it but I wonder if I can get another 1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter