Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Google Express work? I've never heard of it but this deal showed up on one of my cards a couple days ago.

It's Google's response to Amazon. They setup a marketplace for retailers to join and then sold a subscription to users for delivery like Amazon Prime. Apparently they got rid of the subscription/membership fees a couple months ago so each store sets their 'free delivery' threshold, usually 25 or 35 dollars. The member stores set what items they're going to sell through the Express marketplace so it's not usually the whole inventory and prices can be different, so far as I know. I think the intention behind it now is using the Google Assistant like Alexa for voice shopping. They tie it into a bunch of marketing for the Google Home product.

Walmart, Target and Costco I think are the big name retailers in the marketplace. Target announced that they are setting it up so that you can pay with your RedCard and get the 5% off the same as shopping online or in-store. Not sure when that's rolling out though.

It's Google's response to Amazon. They setup a marketplace for retailers to join and then sold a subscription to users for delivery like Amazon Prime. Apparently they got rid of the subscription/membership fees a couple months ago so each store sets their 'free delivery' threshold, usually 25 or 35 dollars. The member stores set what items they're going to sell through the Express marketplace so it's not usually the whole inventory and prices can be different, so far as I know. I think the intention behind it now is using the Google Assistant like Alexa for voice shopping. They tie it into a bunch of marketing for the Google Home product.

Walmart, Target and Costco I think are the big name retailers in the marketplace. Target announced that they are setting it up so that you can pay with your RedCard and get the 5% off the same as shopping online or in-store. Not sure when that's rolling out though.

Also will add that there are coupon codes floating around for a first time purchase. I don't think they will work though if any gift cards are in your cart.

thanks everyone...needed more discounts to pay off DVC dues.
  • Purchased a couple $100 Disney Gift cards while at the Stop & Shops in NJ last week and used the grocery vouchers for needed supplies in NYC/NJ.
  • Yesterday, purchased $220 in Target cards from Raise for $193.00 and plan on using those to buy Disney gift cards.
  • Today purchased $450 in Best Buy cards. We will be using those and the $45 in bonus cards to buy Disney gift cards.

Also will add that there are coupon codes floating around for a first time purchase. I don't think they will work though if any gift cards are in your cart.

Yeah I just saw that now. I hadn't looked at the actual site in some time so it was only today I found out you don't need a membership any more :) When I saw the promo code I checked the exclusions and it does say if you have any gift cards in your cart when you apply the promo it won't work and you won't get the promo code back. Usually I'm a 'worth a shot' type person but seems more worth while to just use it on a normal order and take the money rather than risk it.

Thanks for asking @amalone1013 , since I didn't have the AmEx offer I hadn't looked at the site in while. I opened it up to check the latest membership offers/options when responding and found a whole new world now, hehe. They have a decent number of stores now that spans a variety of categories- Home Depot, Kohls, Toys R Us, Giant Foods, Bed Bath & Beyond. The stores will change a little depending on your region. For now the only advantage for me is using a promo on a store or product not normally discounted but I'll keep it in mind for the upcoming season.

Yeah I just saw that now. I hadn't looked at the actual site in some time so it was only today I found out you don't need a membership any more :) When I saw the promo code I checked the exclusions and it does say if you have any gift cards in your cart when you apply the promo it won't work and you won't get the promo code back. Usually I'm a 'worth a shot' type person but seems more worth while to just use it on a normal order and take the money rather than risk it.

Thanks for asking @amalone1013 , since I didn't have the AmEx offer I hadn't looked at the site in while. I opened it up to check the latest membership offers/options when responding and found a whole new world now, hehe. They have a decent number of stores now that spans a variety of categories- Home Depot, Kohls, Toys R Us, Giant Foods, Bed Bath & Beyond. The stores will change a little depending on your region. For now the only advantage for me is using a promo on a store or product not normally discounted but I'll keep it in mind for the upcoming season.

About a month or two ago, I looked at some of the Walmart prices on there, but they seemed to be very inflated - so much so that it negated the coupon discount. I gave up after a while. When shopping Target this time around to use the Amex offer, I found the prices were more reasonable. I bought a couple of Subway gift cards + some staples (toothpaste, toothbrushes, TP, etc) to put me over $50. Since they cancelled my TP, I need to go find something else to order.

I could use some help with the Best Buy deal. I tried last night and this morning without luck. Each time I get a message saying the following.
  • We're sorry, but this transaction has been declined. If you continue to have this problem please contact customer support.
I have tried three different web browser, the iPhone iOS app, and two different credit cards, and two different Best Buy member ids. Each time it says the same exact thing. I called my AmEx SPG and they said they don’t have anything blocking a purchase.

Any one else encounter this message and how did you get around it? Deal expires today and I would really like to take advantage.

I could use some help with the Best Buy deal. I tried last night and this morning without luck. Each time I get a message saying the following.
  • We're sorry, but this transaction has been declined. If you continue to have this problem please contact customer support.
I have tried three different web browser, the iPhone iOS app, and two different credit cards, and two different Best Buy member ids. Each time it says the same exact thing. I called my AmEx SPG and they said they don’t have anything blocking a purchase.

Any one else encounter this message and how did you get around it? Deal expires today and I would really like to take advantage.
I think I had a similar issue. I was trying to use my credit union-issued, Mastercard-branded debit card. My credit union wasn't blocking the purchase. I tried a different card with the same results. Ultimately I set up PayPal to pull from my credit union account and paid that way.

I successfully completed two orders, each for $450, in the past two weeks, but when I went on last night for one more pass, I got the same decline message (different credit card, different email from previous orders). I also switched to paypal and it went through...

Was checking in the Swagbucks thread but no answers yet so hopefully it's okay to check with folks here as I'm doing the deal for disney gc's in the end, lol.
Trying to do the Swagbucks Hulu live offer for $39.99., limited time offer so thats why looking for answers soon. Guess I'm a returning Hulu customer as I did the regular Hulu offer almost a year ago so I'm eligible for a Hulu live offer. You get 3500/$35 for doing the offer. But it's $39.99 for the first month. Not sure how this is a money maker then if I have to pay $39.99 but get back 3500/$35. Will I get a refund of the $39.99 if I cancel after 8 days?
Also, DD27 has an account not thhru SB, so would she be able to sign up thru SB or they'd connect that? (Assuming yes, just asking in case she could.)
TIA!!

I was looking at this deal as well. I haven't checked on Hulu Live yet...does the $39.99 include my usual Hulu subscription or is it in addition to the $7.99 I pay for Hulu? If it includes it then I could see this as a MM since I usually pay $7.99/mo for Hulu anyway. I'd only be paying $4. Does that make sense? It's not a huge money maker though so I don't know if it's worth it.

PayPal for the win!

Thanks for the help. Credit cards didn’t work but PayPal did.
I had a fraud alert when I first tried with my credit card, which blocked it. When I cleared that, I had to wait several hours to try again for it to go through.

I had a fraud alert when I first tried with my credit card, which blocked it. When I cleared that, I had to wait several hours to try again for it to go through.

I think the first time I tried the deal I was given an error message. I called my CC company and let them know it was me and it then went thought with out issue.

I was looking at this deal as well. I haven't checked on Hulu Live yet...does the $39.99 include my usual Hulu subscription or is it in addition to the $7.99 I pay for Hulu? If it includes it then I could see this as a MM since I usually pay $7.99/mo for Hulu anyway. I'd only be paying $4. Does that make sense? It's not a huge money maker though so I don't know if it's worth it.

The $39.99 service is different from the $7.99 so I would think they would be two different charges. I just cannot see how this would be a MM. IME, Hulu does not prorate (we've signed up with them like 4x and cancelled). So, you sign up for the $39.99 service, get $35 in SB's and even if you cancel after 8 days, you are still out $39.99. It's a really great deal if you are interested in trying their live service for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter