• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those without a Safeway who want to use the Amex offer to get Disney cards, I did this (it's convoluted I know but still fun):

Bought $100 in Whole Foods gift cards and $400 in Amazon gift cards, got $100 off using the Amex offer. Loaded the $400 in Amazon gift cards back into my Amazon account and used it to buy 2 $200 Visa gift cards for $414. Then used those gift cards at Sam's to buy Disney gift cards for a grand total of about $400 in Disney gift cards and $100 in Whole Foods gift cards for $400.

I think they closed the buying Amazon gift cards although it works for other cards.

I can't get the amazon promo to work...it will only take $30 off...even when I only have $100 in cart?? And it is not using my other points...only using $1 of those

Some q's...
1) 6% on BB purchases? Are you a credit card holder?
2) How do you redeem a virtual visa on PayPal? Can't seem to find this, do you get cash to your PayPal account when you do that or do you need to spend the money via a PayPal debit card? (I'm not a cardholder)

1) Ooops...I got confused. I *do* get 6% (3 points per $1 so 150 points on a $50 purchase...250 points = $5 reward so 150 points = $3, or 6%), but that is when I use the BB Visa to pay for my purchase. I had been doing it that way for a while now and paying the bill with money from my PayPal account. If I use my PayPal debit card to pay, I can still earn the points on my BB rewards account (NOT the same as the Visa account) but it only earns 1.25 points per $1. That means on a $50 purchase, I will only earn $1.25, or 2.5%. So by doing it that way, I would only be "earning" 15.5%...which isn't too shabby. If I go back to the old way, I would lose the 1% off the PayPal rebate, but I would earn the 12% from SB and the 6% from BB so it would be 18%.

2) I have the Virtual Visa registered so I have my name and address linked to it. Then, in my PayPal wallet, I was able to go to "Add Bank or Card" and add it as a credit card. It linked it and said "Prepaid Visa successfully linked". I haven't actually tried to use it yet so I am not sure how it is going to work. I deleted all of my other linked cards and accounts so right now, the ONLY funds that I have linked and/or available in my PP account is the $25 on my Virtual Visa. My plan is to go to BB and use my PayPal debit card (which gets run as a CREDIT) and see what happens. If it doesn't work, my Plan B is to simply use the Virtual Visa to buy another $25 gift card directly from the Disney Store.

Normally, I never would have considered the BestBuy Visa card, but it has really surprised me with the benefits. I've earned ElitePlus status (spend $3500 in a year) without really trying since anything (including gift cards!) bought at BestBuy and EVERYTHING I put on the credit card counts towards the $3500. In addition, I earn 2% back on gas and dining and 1% on everything else. For the past several months, the gas rebate has been at 3% and there is no "end date" specified. They also run special categories like pets, travel, health, etc which also increases the rebates. The rebates are all paid in the form of BB rewards, but for now at least, those CAN be used to buy Disney gift cards. The ElitePlus status gives me free shipping and I get 6% rebates on almost everything at BestBuy (including Disney gift cards!) when I use the BB Visa and 2.5% rebates on BestBuy purchases when I pay using another method. I've earned several hundred dollars over the past two years with this card...and no annual fee! It's way better than my Disney card.

Last edited:
I finally got on the bandwagon today and used the SW code at BB to buy 2 $50 Disney gift cards. But, I used the same QR code twice in a row for 2 separate transactions. Did I mess up?

I finally got on the bandwagon today and used the SW code at BB to buy 2 $50 Disney gift cards. But, I used the same QR code twice in a row for 2 separate transactions. Did I mess up?

Each QR code will only credit once. You need to use a different one for each transaction. Before I make a trip to Best Buy, I generate a bunch (however many I plan to purchase) and take screen shots and number them to make sure I don't accidentally use the same one more than once. At least you only lost out on one and now you know for next time!

You'll likely get 2% in sb back from both purchases but only one 500 sb bonus. If you use two different qr codes you'll get two 500 sb bonuses.

Each QR code will only credit once. You need to use a different one for each transaction. Before I make a trip to Best Buy, I generate a bunch (however many I plan to purchase) and take screen shots and number them to make sure I don't accidentally use the same one more than once. At least you only lost out on one and now you know for next time!

You'll likely get 2% in sb back from both purchases but only one 500 sb bonus. If you use two different qr codes you'll get two 500 sb bonuses.

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Oh well, at least I figured it out early!

Do we know how long they are doing this promo?

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Oh well, at least I figured it out early!

Do we know how long they are doing this promo?

I don't know but considering how stores are changing their policy buying a Visa GC with 4X fuel seems the way to travel. At least you're not getting stuck with a store GC.

I suggest following the SB thread. People post no-cost and low-cost offers every day. You can print coupons for SB, watch videos, play games. Read the last 10 pages of that thread if you don't want to read the whole thing (there's outdated info in the first pages anyway). And ask questions. They're very helpful.
Thanks! Esp. for letting me know reading the entire thread isn't necessary. :worship:

No idea, tbh I think most of us thought it would die months ago.

right :) I thought for sure once there were reports of some blogs picking it up, usage would increase and exhaust the promotion budget. But I wonder if the change to stop GC > GC purchases slowed it down? I know I haven't been back to BB since and I still have a GC to use up.

I got the email about the promo again today so it's good at least 1 more week :laughing:

You have the old $30 off $60! Use it and then try to enroll in the current promo!

Wow! Had no idea that’s what was going on. Just purchased 2 $30 e-gift cards (Ulta and Sephora) and it took the $30 off!!! Can’t thank you enough! My daughter is going to be thrilled! I’ll save the Sephora for our Disney trip so she can shop at Disney Springs.
I tried a second order with more gift cards and the 20% is now active....now to decide what to buy with that!:thanks:

Any idea if you can use game stop gift cards to purchase gift cards? Trying to find a use for my 20 off amazon promo...other things I need aren’t working with the promo

Any idea if you can use game stop gift cards to purchase gift cards? Trying to find a use for my 20 off amazon promo...other things I need aren’t working with the promo
I've been able to use Game Stop to purchase Southwest. That was back in October or November of last year though and I haven't tried recently. I do remember it was after they disallowed the purchase of ebay cards with their gift cards if that helps any.

Mostly dead, rare exceptions.
B07InHpCMAAqZ44.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter