Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewards codes are coupons so it reduces your total paid. I would think the purchase needs to be $50 after the rewards code. I haven't done a rewards code with swagbucks, but when I did it with shopkicks I only got kicks for my total paid (and that makes sense as both are rewarding you for purchase price). If you can, I'd grab one of the variable load Disney cards and ask for $55, that way when the $5 rewards code is taken off you're still at the $50 minimum for SB.

As for the QR code, it should work if you print it now and use it later. I did the first time because I didn't realize it would generate a new code every time I clicked the link (it said personal code so I thought it'd stay the same). I took a screenshot on my phone but didn't get out to BB for a couple days and I did get the trip credited. Other folks who did multiple gift cards on one trip generated all their codes in advance. The recommendation has been to generate a new code for each transaction to be safe; at least each new code makes a new trip ID in the shop list. I'm not sure how long a trip ID is active for in-store shopping. I know for online trips the transaction usually has to complete in a number of hours to track back. Obviously it's longer for in store but I don't recall finding any info on how long.

Just went in to Best buy purchased a $55 Disney Gift Card used my $5 reward certificate and $25 gift card I will transfer the $25 paypal to my card. And i had them scan my QR code. We will see if the SB shows up

For anyone curious- I attempted to get a Disney giftcard at Home Depot and mine here in TN will not let you use a gc to purchase a gc

I'm pretty sure both Home Depot and Lowes have a rule in the system that prevents a specialty gift card from being bought with a store gift card. The list of stores that I'm aware of that take GC for GC are
Best Buy
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

Maybe: Target. Corp policy hasn't been changed yet but the systems nationwide are preventing it for now.

EDIT: moved Target into a Maybe column for now :)

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure both Home Depot and Lowes have a rule in the system that prevents a specialty gift card from being bought with a store gift card. The list of stores that I'm aware of that take GC for GC are
Best Buy
Target
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

According to multiple posts here and on the credit card thread Target is no longer on the list. Some say it is a temporary glitch in the system. Hope that is the case.

According to multiple posts here and on the credit card thread Target is no longer on the list. Some say it is a temporary glitch in the system. Hope that is the case.

Thanks!! I made an edit. I copied from one of my old posts and didn't think about it. I haven't seen the policy change on the website so I'm still hopeful it really is a system glitch.

I got "stuck" with $300 in eBucks....so I bought an Apple watch from the Best Buy store on eBay:crazy:. It's funny when people ask me about my watch and I tell them I got it for FREE:rotfl2:. I love it, but I never in a million years would have paid $300 for a watch. It just happened that when the churn went dead and I was stuck with $300 in eBay funds that I suddenly had to burn, I figured I would blow them on something I would never otherwise purchase.

I am now torn between redeeming my SB for Target or BB. I have never had a problem at either store and both are conveniently located for me. My trip is not until October so I have time. Right now, I have enough SB in my account to redeem 2200 each month until I leave for a $25 gift card. My plan was to redeem for Target. If I could no longer convert GC->GC, at least I can use Target GC for household purchases. On the other hand, I can use the QR codes (for NOW) at Best Buy and earn additional SB off of my already-free purchases (churning). The only risk is that I would be dealing with $50 amounts and I would have to wait 2 months (only one $25 gift card per month) and by then, the QR offer might no longer be active. On top of that, if GC->GC were to suddenly be discontinued, I do not want to be stuck with $50 in BB gift cards since I have no real use for them. The advantage to BB is that I could potentially earn another $30 if the current offers stay in place. That's $30 I can earn off of free money. It probably wouldn't be available for this year's trip, but I have another one on the books for October 2019 and I need about $1500-$1800 in gift cards for that trip too so every little bit will help. So do I gamble and redeem for BB on April 1, or do I play it safe and stick with Target???

Right now I think BB is safer than Target since Target isn't converting right now. Plus an extra bonus with BB.

I know what you mean about getting stuck with BB, though. Much easier for me to use Target as I shop there all the time. Never shop at BB except for gift cards!

Best Buy
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

Maybe: Target. Corp policy hasn't been changed yet but the systems nationwide are preventing it for now.

Also Bed Bath and Beyond is VERY YMMV. Corporate may technically allow it but some stores don't and it's a big fight to involve corporate and force the store to allow you to do gc to gc.

Best Buy
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

That's interesting about Sears. I didn't realize you could do store GC to Disney GC. Honestly haven't been in a Sears in years, no clue they sold gift cards. I'll have to keep it in mind though.

That's interesting about Sears. I didn't realize you could do store GC to Disney GC. Honestly haven't been in a Sears in years, no clue they sold gift cards. I'll have to keep it in mind though.

Sears and Safeway are the ones I don't have personal experience with. But I remember back in the day most Kmart's allowed it and someone reported recently Sears still worked for them. I'm thinking about checking mine out to see what's there and if I find something else I can use the gift card on as backup I'll probably give it a try.

All the K-marts in my area are closed down. Never really shopped there much because it always smelled like chemicals the moment you walked through the door. :scared: No thanks!

Sears and Safeway are the ones I don't have personal experience with. But I remember back in the day most Kmart's allowed it and someone reported recently Sears still worked for them. I'm thinking about checking mine out to see what's there and if I find something else I can use the gift card on as backup I'll probably give it a try.

Sears was always highly YMMV. Kmart seemed to work for most people. Too bad so many have gone out of business, including the one near me.

Sears was always highly YMMV. Kmart seemed to work for most people. Too bad so many have gone out of business, including the one near me.

Same here, my last Kmart outside of Philly city limits closed last year sometime after holding many "Going out of Business" sales (I actually didn't believe it was closing until it made one of the national news articles, hehe ) And I think I saw an ad recently one of the city ones is closing, so pretty soon I think we'll have none. I do recall Sears being volatile which is probably why I never tried it before. I've got at least 4 Targets within easy reach so I never really needed to branch out.
They're really cramping my style with this system problem, as while the majority of GC's I got at Target were Disney, I did use them for other stores as well. I may have to settle for a measly 5% discount on Dunkin Donuts reloads :laughing: (looks like I can get Chipotle from Amazon though, guess I'll have to do some research there now for the others)

went to target today and their systems were upgraded two weeks ago apparently no more purchases allowed with gift cards. also they weren't able to combine gift cards at customer service they tried several ways and couldn't get it to work. I'm hoping their next upgrade allows it but history has shown that once target makes a change they don't go back

Best Buy
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

Not exactly Disney, but GameStop does sell Southwest Airline gift cards...I traded in some games to help pay for our upcoming trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter