Disney Magic 13-night Eastbound Transatlantic May 13-26 2018

A couple of more weeks and we will be able to book excursions! What are some things you are looking forward to booking?

One ways to and from Barcelona are so expensive. We finally decided to hop up to London after the cruise, spend a couple of days and catch some West End shows and London Walks, for about the same amount that a direct flight from BCN to DC would cost.

We wanted to extend our trip and add another country, but we decided against it since we are traveling with a little one and actually found a really good deal on return flights.

We are so ready for this trip. It's funny because DH says to me the other night, Oh, I can't wait for the next 3 months to go by." I ask why and he replies, "To board the ship." His face of disappointment when I clarified it was 4 months until the cruise :( Poor thing almost cried. Anyone else wish it was May?:sail:

Hello everyone!! How exciting that our cruise is about 4 months away! I can't wait!!! (Dreaming about the cruise never fails to make me happy) :D

Like Holpels (from page one), DH and I will also celebrating our 10yr anniversary!!

Booking the return flight was hard since I didn't really like the prices.. but like Valee, we decided to hop to London in the evening, then fly back to the states the next morning.

Hello everyone! Counting the days until Sat. when I can finally start booking adventures etc.
I had a question, is anyone interested in participating in a fish extender exchange? I just ordered a custom FE with our little ones name as the one we had was before she was born. Even though we have already done two cruises with her, we had not participated in the exchange as she was too small and it would have been a little crazy delivery goodies with a 10 month old. Even if nothing is set in stone, we are still excited to hang our first FE with our baby girl on it :love:
I was curious if anyone was up for participating so that I can brainstorm on potential gifts. :flower1: I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello everyone! Counting the days until Sat. when I can finally start booking adventures etc.
I had a question, is anyone interested in participating in a fish extender exchange? I just ordered a custom FE with our little ones name as the one we had was before she was born. Even though we have already done two cruises with her, we had not participated in the exchange as she was too small and it would have been a little crazy delivery goodies with a 10 month old. Even if nothing is set in stone, we are still excited to hang our first FE with our baby girl on it :love:
I was curious if anyone was up for participating so that I can brainstorm on potential gifts. :flower1: I hope everyone is doing well.

We have a fish extender sign up on the Facebook group! Lots of folks have signed up. The organizer is limiting the groups to 10 cabins each so it’s more manageable.

We have a fish extender sign up on the Facebook group! Lots of folks have signed up. The organizer is limiting the groups to 10 cabins each so it’s more manageable.
Wonderful! I did not know there was a FB page for the sailing. Do you know the name of the group?

It's finally almost time to sign up for shore excursions and get PAT.

We're headed to London as soon as we're off the ship, but if anyone is planning on spending a few days in Barcelona after the cruise, now is a good time to get your tickets to la Sagrada Familia or Parc Guell as well. Tickets can sell out well in advance.

Major bummer - I stayed up to sign up for the excursions, and both Alhambra tours are already sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate ways to get there? Since the next stop Is Ibiza, an island, I'm aware that if we don't get back to the ship in Malaga that we'd really need to go directly to Barcelona and pick up our belongings after the ship docks.

Major bummer - I stayed up to sign up for the excursions, and both Alhambra tours are already sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate ways to get there? Since the next stop Is Ibiza, an island, I'm aware that if we don't get back to the ship in Malaga that we'd really need to go directly to Barcelona and pick up our belongings after the ship docks.

I'm Platinum and logged on the second my booking window opened and there were no Alhambra tours available. Either Concierge filled them up ahead of time or they weren't offered for our sailing. Same thing happened with the King's Path tour in Malaga. Keep checking, though, in case they are offered again. I believe in Pixie Dust!! :)

Thanks for letting me know. I contacted the on-line customer service, and they said all the slots were filled, so it seems that was offered. but they must have had very few slots. I'm looking into booking a separate tour to the Alhambra with a non-Disney tour group. As I stated above, I know it's a risk - If I go, I'll take along my passport and a couple of days of essential medications, just in case, as pixie dust back-up.

We'll be stopping in London on the way back - if anyone else has similar plans, and may be planning on bringing along some old ten pound notes left over from previous trips. be aware that old tenner notes will not be accepted after this March.

Last edited:
Since we were shut out of the Disney excursion to the Alhambra, I did some researching and found Spain Day Tours. Their small-group tours have good recommendations on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic. We've signed up to go to the Alhambra with them from Malaga, and to Seville from Cadiz, and would like to use them for their tour of Lisbon. It’s only 45 Euros per person - which is a good price for a small group tour. We really enjoyed the extra flexibility and detailed insights when we’ve used similar tours – the guides know all the fun facts, as well as the secret tips that make the day go smoothly, and the less time it takes to load a mini bus means there’s more time for sightseeing.

I hope we can get a group together to see Lisbon - they need a minimum of 10 persons to guarantee the tour, and so far it’s just two of us.

Less than four months to go!

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Anni on this EBTAcruise. We are CRAZY excited! It is also our first vacay without kids - EVER. Y'all, we are over the moon. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter