Disney Magic Kingdoms

Is it worth it to buy up all the parade float slots? The gem payout isn't all that great these days (I have six out of the seven slots).

Is it worth it to buy up all the parade float slots? The gem payout isn't all that great these days (I have six out of the seven slots).
It apparently used to be pretty good, until one day last year we started chatting about it here. All of a sudden the drop rate went kerplooey as I understand it.

There are only two short quests with Joe having to be level 2 for the second one and your done.
Just not sure I am going to make Level 2 before the end of the event. But, boy. I am ready for the event to be over. I need the character space in my casual game.

Got Joe last night after a long day of not getting any piano drops (and I only needed two) but I am too stubborn to pay for these things so I just kept plugging away at it until they dropped. He's at 2 right now, because I need another piano to get him to 3. My game drops ear hats but not pianos.

For the first time in years I had to spend gems to finish collecting for an event character. I had every possible character attempting to collect Joe's ear hat and I checked in regularly but it would not drop. Even with some time skips I ended up 2 short so it cost me 100 gems--not a big deal since I have more than enough gems.

There have been many events where I had no trouble collecting while other people were struggling. But this event was the opposite. That is one of the most annoying things about this game. How well you do depends too much on whether you end up on the lucky or unlucky side of the random number generator.

One of the current legendary chests is Star Wars. I find it odd that they hold back on a lot of the Star Wars characters. I am missing a few (including Yoda) and they never seem to be offered. The Millennium Falcon is there, but I don't think I am going to gamble 60 gems on it.

For the first time in years I had to spend gems to finish collecting for an event character. I had every possible character attempting to collect Joe's ear hat and I checked in regularly but it would not drop. Even with some time skips I ended up 2 short so it cost me 100 gems--not a big deal since I have more than enough gems.

There have been many events where I had no trouble collecting while other people were struggling. But this event was the opposite. That is one of the most annoying things about this game. How well you do depends too much on whether you end up on the lucky or unlucky side of the random number generator.
I was lucky for a change and finished a couple days early.

I can already tell Soul is going to be the new Turning Red in that getting the so-called "common" token to level up characters is going to take forever.
I've had several instances where the once-guarantee of a common token drop has not yielded one, but this was mainly for my last Hunchback character. Why the masks don't drop 100% of the time is beyond me. Common is no longer common.

I've had several instances where the once-guarantee of a common token drop has not yielded one, but this was mainly for my last Hunchback character. Why the masks don't drop 100% of the time is beyond me. Common is no longer common.
It was because when they went to Season Pass, Happiness changed. The old way, being “ecstatic” meant we got token drop bonuses. Now players don’t have them. The effect is most apparent in the increase in failed token drops for common tokens, but it’s affecting all token drops.

It was because when they went to Season Pass, Happiness changed. The old way, being “ecstatic” meant we got token drop bonuses. Now players don’t have them. The effect is most apparent in the increase in failed token drops for common tokens, but it’s affecting all token drops.
I don't subscribe to any theory that the old happiness method was controlling common tokens. Do I believe the idiots over at Gameloft went in and intentionally changed the drop rates to artificially slow things down? Sounds more plausible.

I don't subscribe to any theory that the old happiness method was controlling common tokens. Do I believe the idiots over at Gameloft went in and intentionally changed the drop rates to artificially slow things down? Sounds more plausible.
They seemed to be bent on it taking us longer and longer to level characters. But do not make it further between events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter