• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they have a huge fan base but I wonder if this will this be a one and done for most? How will this work long term? Can they keep this booked solid in 5-10 years?

I'm assuming there's some kind of story line that is being followed as part of the experience. If so, maybe every couple of years they introduce a new story line and that would entice repeat customers. Maybe?

I know they have a huge fan base but I wonder if this will this be a one and done for most? How will this work long term? Can they keep this booked solid in 5-10 years?

I was thinking the same thing, and i am wondering if they will do the first year only these packages, and then after that the package is once or twice a month, and its a regular hotel the rest of the time? I don't see even the biggest of fans doing this yearly

Looking at that itinerary, and it looks amazing, it struck me that you really have to think about attire. Do you wear clothes from your “home planet” and possibly stick out? Or do you go all out and purchase some Cosplay attire? Either way, it does sound fun!
One of the pages on the Disney site encouraged people to visit shopDisney...

I was thinking the same thing, and i am wondering if they will do the first year only these packages, and then after that the package is once or twice a month, and its a regular hotel the rest of the time? I don't see even the biggest of fans doing this yearly
I just commented that my son would do it every six months. And I bet they change up the storyline.

I just commented that my son would do it every six months. And I bet they change up the storyline.
Maybe it would work for single adult millennials who are splitting the cost multiple ways, but this is tough on most families. Even ones who can afford it may see better value in a week long cruise, Hawaii, a trip overseas, etc.. Regardless, I don’t think they will have trouble filling the rooms-someone will pay.

I’m curious about solo pricing? They have to realize that not all nerds have nerdy friends/family to go with. Nice that you get 7 meals included though.

This is exactly what I thought, if I do this it will probably have to be solo, which probably means paying the total 2 person price.

If you figure it out, let me know because I also need to convince my husband 😂

Here is my Disney math

Food ($20 breakfast x 2 +$50 lunch x2 + $70 dinner x 2 + $20 quick service meal x 1) = $300 per adult. So $600 for a party of two.
Room.. say $1200 per night, so $2400
DHS 1 day ticket.. say $130 pp. so $260.
Immersive experience for 2 nights = ($4800 - $600 - $2400 - $260)= $1549....

I wonder what type of experience that Disney would provide to justify the $1549 price tag.

Still waiting for the news on FP+, or whatever it will be called. :surfweb:

Yep. That seems like one of the final remaining big news pieces to drop now.

With DL Magic Key, the WDW AP coming soon bit, and the Starcruiser announcement all so recently though... I feel like they are going to make us wait on FP news.

At first I thought WHOA! that’s a lotta money. But now I think your average EMPLOYED Star Wars-obsessed adult would have no problem with it. My son is 26 and would do it tomorrow. And probably again in six months if it was cool.

There are a lot of Star Wars fans with a lot of disposable income who will keep this filled for a while, I'd think.

At first I thought WHOA! that’s a lotta money. But now I think your average EMPLOYED Star Wars-obsessed adult would have no problem with it. My son is 26 and would do it tomorrow. And probably again in six months if it was cool.

I'd fit into the employed Star Wars fan category ... I'm already leaning towards 3 adult cabin which would probably be ~ $2000/person (the lower sample price includes 1 child). That's actually less $$$ than I was expecting so I'd have no issues booking.

I'm more curious though to see how they'll handle the Batuu excursion, as I figured it would be closed off hours early or late. It seems like they may just have a VIP guide give you front of the line which sort of takes me out of the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter